[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Givens out!

msaint

FYI...

Just saw on Pats Gameday, Givens is out today. Why, I don't know. Check closer to gametime just to make sure, but they had him listed along with DGraham as definitely out.

Also, Fauria makes a pretty nice option if you're hurtin' at TE, was always a red zone target for Brady until Graham came along...and expect Dillon to get 25-30 carries. I'd bump up Branch & Patten a bit, too, if you need a deep WR.

FYI...

Just saw on Pats Gameday, Givens is out today. Why, I don't know. Check closer to gametime just to make sure, but they had him listed along with DGraham as definitely out.

606420[/snapback]

Any word on Dillon? He was probable, so I'm not too worried, but it'd be nice to know definitively that he is fine.

Any word on Dillon?  He was probable, so I'm not too worried, but it'd be nice to know definitively that he is fine.

606441[/snapback]

Zolak, Smerlas et all on Pats Gameday are saying this only increases Dillon's workload, so there's certainly no talk of him sitting out.

From Rotoworld

David Givens - WR - NE

Reports out of Boston indicate that David Givens pulled a muscle in warmups and will not play for the Patriots today.

David Patten should get the start. Deion Branch and especially Patten get a boost in value. It should be a shootout in Foxboro. Dec. 12 - 11:41 am et

David Patten is expected to start at wide receiver for the Patriots today.

David Givens is inactive. Patten is a fine last minute one-week pickup if you need help. Dec. 12 - 11:42 am et

Sadly, this could cost me a playoff spot in one of my leagues. I have a 1 game lead with 1 to play, but the tie-breaker is really close and I started Givens today.

I don't believe Givens got hurt in pregame warm-ups. I guess that's what I get for trusting Bill Belechick who is known for screwing with the injury report. Hopefully my other guys can pull it out for me.

Sadly, this could cost me a playoff spot in one of my leagues.  I have a 1 game lead with 1 to play, but the tie-breaker is really close and I started Givens today.

I don't believe Givens got hurt in pregame warm-ups.  I guess that's what I get for trusting Bill Belechick who is known for screwing with the injury report.  Hopefully my other guys can pull it out for me.

606992[/snapback]

Were you not able to access this info/get to a computer pre-game? This was reported around

11:30-12 Noon, plenty of time for you to bench Givens. Too bad, man...hope it doesn't cost you. And Givens was not on the injury report all week, so I don't think it was any Belichick shenanigans.

Were you not able to access this info/get to a computer pre-game? This was reported around

11:30-12 Noon, plenty of time for you to bench Givens. Too bad, man...hope it doesn't cost you. And Givens was not on the injury report all week, so I don't think it was any Belichick shenanigans.

606998[/snapback]

My days of rushing to the computer on Sunday mornings are behind me. I used to be consumed by this stuff, but no more.

By the way MSaint - I have your book. I love it - actually, I lived it for may years. I'm in a dynasty league that started in 1984.

But - with 2 kids now, both ankle biters - and trying to start up a new business this year, I just don't have the time to run to the computer and/or watch all the pregame shows anymore.

No big deal - Hopefully, I'll be OK without Givens.

I had already benched Givens in the league I have him in because of his poor performance the last couple of weeks.

607047[/snapback]

Smart move. Branch's return has killed him.