[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You guys are on your own ....

Grits and Shins

I have received the directive from the top brass here at the Huddle to ease up on the ignore tactics, primarily because they are tired of the emails. Amazing what thin skins some people have.

Being as it is their site I will obviously comply.

However, I no longer feel the need to answer any WDIS posts over here ... so hopefully all those folks that were on my ignore list will pick up my slack.

Good luck on the remainder of your season.

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING

These are the whinners that should be answering all of your questions now:

geaux4LSU

jag264

Runner

atoro

uglytuna

Only In America

rkime

eags

Bco454

rdaled

Kwatz

jesdpie

PIMP69

forever in debt to mo lewis

kevfish

dshane

New Orleans Termites

Edited by Grits and Shins

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received the directive from the top brass here at the Huddle to ease up on the ignore tactics, primarily because they are tired of the emails.  Amazing what thin skins some people have.

However, I no longer feel the need to answer any WDIS posts over here ... so hopefully all those folks that were on my ignore list will pick up my slack.

607937[/snapback]

I understand your leaving because you are asked to not be yourself. I guess someone else will have to make sure people actually follow the posting guidelines.

Thanks for the advise you have given.

I have received the directive from the top brass here at the Huddle to ease up on the ignore tactics, primarily because they are tired of the emails.  Amazing what thin skins some people have.

607937[/snapback]

Black Monday in the Forum. :D

OK, I can't resist, and I'm sure you guys don't care, but to you whiney little newbie Rosie O'Donnell, I hope you're happy.

Grits is a pain in the arse, and I've said it all along, but because you guys couldn't deal with it, like I asked several times, you've driven someone who put a lot of time and effort in here at the Advice Forum away.

If you babies have a problem with someone, send them a PM. Reporting and crying to the admins is bullsh*t.

I for one am very disappointed. Like I said, Grits is a pain in the arse, and his ignore posts were juvenile and f*cking annoying, but he was an asset to the advice forum and because a few of you idiots coudn't see that he's gone now.

Nice work. :D

Sorry for the rant.

OK, I can't resist, and I'm sure you guys don't care, but to you whiney little newbie Rosie O'Donnell, I hope you're happy.

Grits is a pain in the arse, and I've said it all along, but because you guys couldn't deal with it, like I asked several times, you've driven someone who put a lot of time and effort in here at the Advice Forum away.

If you babies have a problem with someone, send them a PM. Reporting and crying to the admins is bullsh*t.

I for one am very disappointed. Like I said, Grits is a pain in the arse, and his ignore posts were juvenile and f*cking annoying, but he was an asset to the advice forum and because a few of you idiots coudn't see that he's gone now.

Sorry for the rant.

608014[/snapback]

Hugh ... just FYI ... when I added somebody to my ignore list I also blocked them from being able to send me a PM. So they were left with just having to deal with it.

I'd pick up Blitz's slack but I'd have to start with the following on ignore:

OiA

mcnabbmcnow

lawn saver

cliaz

mr boom

darklord35

rkime

:D

I haven't seen Cart11 and Delaney in a long time.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I didnt realize people were whining to the higher ups at the huddle about this. I think many huddlers take this way too seriously. Although Grits and I have had our share of going back and forth, I realize its all in good fun. I just cant beleive people are contacting DMD about this.......I mean get a life or a job for that matter.

Talk about thin skin- Just because you are asked to do something a little different you leave the site??? Then again you would not be where you are today if you did what was expected of you. Too bad you are leaving though- It was fun. Hope things work out better for you in the future. Stay clean and be safe

Talk about thin skin-  Just because you are asked to do something a little different you leave the site???  Then again you would not be where you are today if you did what was expected of you. Too bad you are leaving though- It was fun. Hope things work out better for you in the future.    Stay clean and be safe

608048[/snapback]

He's not leaving the site, he's leaving the advice forum.

Sorry for the rant.

608014[/snapback]

So, Grits can't bring himself to simply stop with the ignore posts (which, in your own words were juvenile and f*cking annoying)... and you are blaming the newbies?

So, Grits can't bring himself to simply stop with the ignore posts (which, in your own words were juvenile and f*cking annoying)... and you are blaming the newbies?

608080[/snapback]

Yep. Spend much time here? Read any of what I've posted over the last several months?

608080[/snapback]

I made a concerted effort this year to be a real presence over here helping as many people as I could.

I was also quick to identify stupid posts .. like "can I win this week" or "which team will win this week" or "I just traded Martin Grammatica for Peyton Manning, how did I do" or those individuals who felt the need to ask the same question multiple times ... my way of helping the newbies with posting etiquette. If the author of one of those threads got his panties in a bunch over my response then he generally hit my ignore list.

When you hit my ignore list and then posted a question I would remind that person and everybody else that while I might have answered this post in the past I no longer answer posts by this individual because they don't believe in following posting etiquette. Other than calling my list an "idiot/ignore list" I had no further banter with these folks and did not call them names ... I simply reminded them that they were being ignored.

Having said all that I really don't have to answer anybody's post ... just like you don't have to answer anybody's post. You also don't have to read any post. I really am amazed that so many people were "annoyed" that I would respond with a "you are being ignored".

In any case ... all those that whinned to the Huddle admins should feel free to now step up to the plate and answer as many WDIS posts as I have.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I read a lot.  But I often stop when I get to one of those annoying posts, or other threads on the subject, becuase of the level of immaturity involved on all sides.

608100[/snapback]

I've posted several times on the topic, and this will be my last, but since you apparently missed it, I will go over it once again.

The ignore posts were juvenile. Having been around the huddle for several years, Blitz often does annoying and juvenile things. Blitz is not going anywhere. He brings A LOT of good things to these message boards, inlcuding the Weekly Blitz, a lot of Fantasy Advice, decent insight at times, among other things.

I've asked on several occasions for those affected to just ignore Blitz. When people stop paying attention to this particular behavior, he'll get bored an move on. Instead, huddlers decided to tell on him. Now, one of a VERY select few that come to the fantasy advice forum year in year out and offer their services has decided to leave. That's not good for anyone.

Should Blitz have cut the crap with the ignore posts? Yes. Wouldn't it have been better for everyone, myself included, to deal with it? Absolutely.

I do feel I must respond one last time to this. I am a newbie and went back and forth w/ Grits already and never let it bother me, it is always fun to have someone on a board like this to go back and forth with, that's why I signed up for this. I personally haven't been here long enough to know what Grits has done in the past, but honestly feel he was good for this kind of board, and for people to go to e-mailing and crying about it is ridiculus, I feel it would be better for the board to have some of them leave.

Sorry for the rant.

608014[/snapback]

Hugh you it it right on the head. Grits can be a pain sometimes in his replys but he is also very helpful with some very informative information. He will be missed

Grits, thanks for all the help in the past and i hope you dont become too much of a stranger around here :D

To all the whiney babies on this board i hope your happy now B):D

Sorry for the rant.

608014[/snapback]

Agreed, bad form. :D

and instead of the "morning Grits" or "life is ignoring you Grits" threads maybe if those that pissed him off would have left it alone then Grits would have stopped with the ignore replies.

It's not like he was causing you physical or even emotional harm (if he was then maybe a message board isn't the right place for you).

We just lost a poster who would make sure everyone had a least on reply and would for the most part give reasons for his thoughts rather than 1 word answers. B)

Scrambled says it right as well.

Edited by nhoops

It will be sad to see Grits go. I always enjoyed reading the posts of him getting into an argument with others for the stupid questions that they have posted. And every time I read one I think of the sig line I read awhile back about "fighting on the internet being like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded." I loved reading about people taking offense to something as simple as "Whoever scores the most points will win." If you cannot handle something as simple as that without getting upset, you are a douchebag!