[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You guys are on your own ....

Grits and Shins

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grits...

This is a post that kevfish put out there on this thread. He asked someone to post it so that you could read it...he is on your list.

kevfish

Huddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,544

I have an Idea here guys. How about Grits takes everyone off his ignore list and starts fresh. He could show the administrators tha he has made a good faith effort in changing his ways. Then everyone that was on his ignore list could apologize to Grits for what they did to get on his list in the first place. Then maybe grits could find it in his heart since he is so loved here to stay on this forum. We could then all be one happy Huddle family without the childish stuff. This is really bothering me because I want Grits opinion on something. Do I start Plummer against KC or Brees against Cleveland next week. Brees may be the obvious choice but plummer is going against one of the worst pass defenses? Come on grits--- step up to the plate here and I will be the first to apologize and declare you the man!!!

Ben

Hey Grits...

This is a post that kevfish put out there on this thread.  He asked someone to post it so that you could read it...he is on your list.

kevfish

Huddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,544

I have an Idea here guys. How about Grits takes everyone off his ignore list and starts fresh. He could show the administrators tha he has made a good faith effort in changing his ways. Then everyone that was on his ignore list could apologize to Grits for what they did to get on his list in the first place. Then maybe grits could find it in his heart since he is so loved here to stay on this forum. We could then all be one happy Huddle family without the childish stuff. This is really bothering me because I want Grits opinion on something. Do I start Plummer against KC or Brees against Cleveland next week. Brees may be the obvious choice but plummer is going against one of the worst pass defenses? Come on grits--- step up to the plate here and I will be the first to apologize and declare you the man!!!

Ben

609423[/snapback]

:D

I'll pass ... nice effort on your part though ... but I'm thinking I've "stepped up to the plate" thousands of times ... I'd be willing to bet you can add the number of times everybody on my ignore list has responded to somebody else's advice post and not even come close to a third of the number I have answered.

I'm thinking that the people who whinned to DMD should step up to the plate ... perhaps it's time for their fresh perspective anyway.

I also believe that the large majority of the people on my ignore list don't believe they did anything wrong, will continue to do as they please and have no interest in apologizing.

I'm also thinking that if the skins over here are so thin that they take umbrage to being on my ignore list to the point of whinning so loudly to the admins that the admins feel the need to intercede ... that my time has past.

Grits, just a quick question to clarify something, assuming I have not made your ignore list for my previous post.

When you are talking about all the responses you have made, do you mean posts that have actual bonafide advice in them, or do you also include all the "you've been ignored" and "whoever scores more points" type.

I don't doubt your commitment to answering posts. I'm just curious if you could guesstimate what percentage of your responses fall into the latter group. This is not meant as a sarcastic question. I am truly curious what your assessment is.

Grits, just a quick question to clarify something, assuming I have not made your ignore list for my previous post.

When you are talking about all the responses you have made, do you mean posts that have actual bonafide advice in them, or do you also include all the "you've been ignored" and "whoever scores more points" type.

I don't doubt your commitment to answering posts.  I'm just curious if you could guesstimate what percentage of your responses fall into the latter group.  This is not meant as a sarcastic question.  I am truly curious what your assessment is.

609464[/snapback]

I have answered thousands of questions with advice ... I would estimate my "ignore" responses to be in the hundreds somewhere.

Did the admins tell you to stop posting, or just to stop calling people idiots 23,500 times?

Seems like you could have done a couple things:

1.  Stop the stupid ignore posts, and the dumb sig line and just ignore the people you wanted... you could even keep your personal list, so you wouldn't have to answer their posts.

2.  Get upset, pout, and decide not to answer anyone's posts anymore.

3.  Get upset, pout, and start a thread blaming others, as if now the board is being punished and its all their fault.

And you chose #3.

I don't think those who sent messages to the admins are the only ones with the thin skins.

609479[/snapback]

You have 599 posts and most of them in the Football Forum ... perhaps it's time for YOU to step up to the plate and answer as many as I have ...

What would that prove?

609486[/snapback]

:D ... just as I thought ... you aren't really interested in helping people over here as much as you are interested in stirring up the pot.

Come back and talk to me after you have responded to 1000 questions over here ... then perhaps what you say might carry some weight.

I have answered thousands of questions with advice ... I would estimate my "ignore" responses to be in the hundreds somewhere.

609469[/snapback]

Fair enough. Admittedly, I have not even come close to answering as many as you have ignored. I just can't seem to find the time. I tried earlier in the year but after watching my responses scroll off the bottom faster than I could add them, I got frustrated. Still too many freeloaders here. At the risk of starting up another old debate, I wonder if this problem would be at all this bad if the forums had remained part of the paid service.

I still think the good advice you gave was partially obscured by the "other" posts you make, but it's still a free country. Besides, all I'd have to do is ignore you. :D

I still think the good advice you gave was partially obscured by the "other" posts you make, but it's still a free country.  Besides, all I'd have to do is ignore you.  :D

609491[/snapback]

I expect that when I replied to an individual question with my advice it wasn't obscurred at all by the "other" posts. The person asked a question and I gave an honest answer ... sometimes my advice was good, sometimes bad.

You have 599 posts and most of them in the Football Forum ... perhaps it's time for YOU to step up to the plate and answer as many as I have ...

609483[/snapback]

I don't see what this has to do with anything, nor do I understand why you continue to respond to this thread. You keep mentioning that you contribute so much to the board and that it's time for others to step up in your absence - why? Are you waiting for people to get all up in arms and start a "save Grits" petition or something? I'm not trying to be a jerk here - I just don't understand what you're doing here anymore. You made your point hours ago and said you were leaving, yet here you are still. The longer you linger, the more you lessen the impact of your initial statement.

I need to post 1000 times to know that

"Start whoever scores the most" and

"You have been ignored"

Is a waste of time?

I don't share your desire to be King of the Board.

609492[/snapback]

No more a waste of time than

"Will my team score more than his team"

"I just traded Kasay for Manning, how did I do"

"I have Bennett going tonight an I am down 40 points, can I win"

I don't see what this has to do with anything, nor do I understand why you continue to respond to this thread.  You keep mentioning that you contribute so much to the board and that it's time for others to step up in your absence - why?  Are you waiting for people to get all up in arms and start a "save Grits" petition or something?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here - I just don't understand what you're doing here anymore.  You made your point hours ago and said you were leaving, yet here you are still.  The longer you linger, the more you lessen the impact of your initial statement.

609495[/snapback]

I never said I was leaving ... I said I wasn't going to answer advice questions any more.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I never said I was leaving ... I said I wasn't going to answer advice questions any more.

609499[/snapback]

"I am just done making an effort to answer questions in this forum. I am and will remain active in the football forum." So you're going to come to this Fantasy Football Advice forum and not answer questions? What's the point of coming if you're not going to answer questions?

Enough time wasted on this. Later.

"I am just done making an effort to answer questions in this forum. I am and will remain active in the football forum."  So you're going to come to this Fantasy Football Advice forum and not answer questions?  What's the point of coming if you're not going to answer questions? 

Enough time wasted on this.  Later.

609511[/snapback]

I read the forum to keep up with other's start/bench questions as they relate to my individual situations.

No more a waste of time than

"Will my team score more than his team"

"I just traded Kasay for Manning, how did I do"

"I have Bennett going tonight an I am down 40 points, can I win"

609497[/snapback]

I gotta agree that the posts listed above are a waste of time...there is nothing that you can do to change any of the situations.

None of these require any advice...just stroking. :D

Also, this has to be getting close to a record...based on the number of views...and/or replies.

Maybe with the exception of TS's thread that is pinned at the top of the page, or Hugh's weekly advice column.

Wow... :eek: for as excited as some people are to be rid of you...they sure are keeping your post at the top of the forum. :D

Ben

May as well chime in with a legitimate response.

Grits' methods may have been rough, but they were with reason.

There is a topic posted at the top of the board, title of Fantasy Advice Primer, that lays out in extremely simple terms what is expected of every poster when they post in the fantasy advice forum. Following these guidelines make EVERYTHING easier. It is a guide giving all the information that is needed for any potential respondent to make an informed decision. Without much of the information requested of posters from the advice forum, and advice given is purely speculation, usually based on an unknown scoring system, unknown lineup requirements, and unknown other options.

Perhaps if grits only reply to the stupid posts, AND THEY WERE STUPID, should have been a link to the Fantasy Advice Primer. Unfortunately, I doubt that would do any good for mosy of the repeat offenders.

It is because so many people clutter the board with pointless POSTS (not replies) or posts full of incomplete information that many of the board regulars, many of whom are extremely knowledgable, do not want to make an effort to wade through all of the posts here to find ones that provided enough information to actually give a well thought out response.

And without a moderator to delete all the pointless posts asking to be stroked cause you want to know if you can get 25 points from Chris Brown tonight... but STILL FAIL TO GIVE THE SCORING SYSTEM, I do not see the problem clearing up any time soon.

So Grits, I will see you in the Tailgate and whenever I wish to have a well thought out debate over the proper application of tiebreaking procedures with a fellow Huddler that has put in almost as much time around this site as I have.

So Grits, I will see you in the Tailgate and whenever I wish to have a well thought out debate over the proper application of tiebreaking procedures with a fellow Huddler that has put in almost as much time around this site as I have.

609562[/snapback]

Which BTW you know I am right on :D