[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach of the Year Award!

uglytuna

Who is the coach of the year?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the coach of the year?

• Bill Cowher
    • Bill Belichick
    • Marty Schottenheimer
    • Tony Duny
    • Andy Reid
    • Jim Mora Jr.
    • Herman Edwards

UT, do you know anything about football other than your obsession with the Pats? The reason I ask is because if you knew anything, you would have put Tice on your list. He's the coach of the Minnesota Vikings. They play on the NFC. The NFC North to be precise. Have you seen the Vikes play at all this year?

He's done a great job with a team that has absolutely no talent. He makes excellent late game decisions, his clock management is impeccable, and he's completely mastered the art of the challenge. And he's poised to win the division thanks to great play over the last several weeks.

Please include him in your list. Thank you.

Marty hands down. Fox would get my second vote.

608091[/snapback]

I have to tip my hat to Marty. I think Cowher's done a great job in PGH, but let's face it. The Chargers were AWFUL last year, and now, with few changes, that team is 9-3. That equals coaching in my book.

UT, do you know anything about football other than your obsession with the Pats? The reason I ask is because if you knew anything, you would have put Tice on your list. He's the coach of the Minnesota Vikings. They play on the NFC. The NFC North to be precise. Have you seen the Vikes play at all this year?

He's done a great job with a team that has absolutely no talent. He makes excellent late game decisions, his clock management is impeccable, and he's completely mastered the art of the challenge. And he's poised to win the division thanks to great play over the last several weeks.

Please include him in your list. Thank you.

608086[/snapback]

:D I know UT is the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I don't think he's going to bite...

Fox over Cowher or Schottenheimer? :D Last I checked, Carolina was still 6-7. Yes, the team has overcome injuries and still won. San Diego and Pittsburgh have maintained winning over the entire season, not just the last half. Pittsburgh is a completely different team from last year. So is Sandy Ago.

Cowher has maintained winning in Pitt with different QBs, styles of play, and defenses. He's a great coach who is having a great year. Give him the nod.

I give Marty a lot of credit but I voted for Belichick and here's why. Troy Brown is his nickel back, has 3 interceptions and the team still only has one loss. That, my friends, is coaching.

Marty is a close second. Fox has done a wonderful job but got his ass kicked early with injuries. Unless he pull a SB appearance out of his butt, he's not gonna get a sniff of COY.

Nobody and I repeat ........ NOBODY has done a better job than John Fox of the Carolina Panthers!!

:D  :D  B)

608682[/snapback]

As the resident Panthers homer here at the Huddle... I must agree with the sentiments of several others.... I was very surprised to see Fox not even listed as part of the poll. :D

He did a great job last year, and got very few accolades and the Panthers could have easily quit after getting killed with several major injuries, but the Panthers are playing with great confidence again and can control their own destiny to make the playoffs, when most had written them off after their start.

Many other terrific coaches out there, but I must give Marty credit for the job he has done with the Chargers this year, and I would but him at the top off my list of coaches to go along with Fox and the job he has done.

Edited by PSULions

Marty does seem to be the logical choice, considering the disparity between San Diego's records this year and last. However, I don't think Marty is the reason for their success. Reason number 1: Drew Brees -- the guy Marty REALLY wanted to bench in favor of a rookie. Brees is succeeding DESPITE Schottenheimer, not because of him. Reason number 2: the defense is playing much better. The credit there goes mostly to Wade Phillips, and only slightly to whomever brought him to San Diego (Schottenheimer or A.J. Smith?).

I voted for Cowher. The Steelers are a completely transformed team. They have a rookie at quarterback and Cowher has made sure that he's always in a position to excel. Both their offensive and defensive coordinators are different from last year and they've improved in virtually all facets of the game. I think Belichick would be a close second place.