[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatum Bell not as bad as was feared

DMD

He said he felt better today and only has a slight shoulder separation. He thinks he may be able to play as early as this weekend against KC. We'll see how that works out.

He looked as good as any Denver RB. He made one cut and was 8 yards upfield before anyone knew any better. But, considering the backup full back can do that same trick... I don't think anyone will be comparing him to Walter Payton soon.

If he's the man, he'll get 150 yards and 2 TDs until he gets hurt... then Kyle Johnson or Brandon Miree will go in... :p

Just watch the injury reports. I could sure use Bell this weekend, but I won't start him without some major practice time.

a link would be nice, i don't believe this report, everything says he's out for the year, until i hear any differently, i'm going to need a link!

608778[/snapback]

FYI -- "DMD" is the operator of this website. You don't need to worry about the authenticity of something he posts (wouldn't be very good business). Tatum might be speaking out of turn himself, but I'm sure he said it if DMD posted it.

a link would be nice, i don't believe this report, everything says he's out for the year, until i hear any differently, i'm going to need a link!

608778[/snapback]

Yeah, DMD! Where's the freakin' link? Why should we just (swiss cheesehead whispering in my ear) Uh, well, uh, lemme get back to ya... :D:DB)

Here is one link for you doubting Thomas's

:D

DENVER -- Broncos tailback Tatum Bell believes his shoulder injury isn't as bad as first thought and insists he could be available for next weekend's game against Kansas City.

Bell, a second-round draft pick from Oklahoma State, ran for 123 yards and two touchdowns Sunday after replacing Reuben Droughns, who fumbled twice early in Denver's 20-17 win over Miami. But the rookie second-round draft choice left in the third quarter after separating his shoulder, and Droughns returned to finish the game.

With the win, Denver improved to 8-5 and stayed tied with Baltimore for the AFC's final wildcard spot. After the game, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Bell's injury was a third-degree shoulder separation, the worst kind possible.

Bell, however, said the shoulder wasn't feeling too bad Monday and considered himself day-to-day.

"That's my mind-set," he said. "Hopefully, I'll be to where I can put pads on and hopefully, I can take it."

Droughns, meanwhile, had the odd experience of reaching the 1,000-yard mark on a day in which he was benched. He said he's trying to stay positive, in anticipation of remaining Denver's featured back. Droughns has run for 62 and 38 yards the last two weeks after surpassing 100 yards in six of his first seven games as Denver's featured runner.

"It's still doing whatever it takes to help my team win," Droughns said. "Whether it's doing it from the bench, coaching someone up, or special teams, or running the rock. Whatever it takes to help the team win, get over the hump we've been facing the last few weeks."

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the self proclaimed world wide leaders in sports. :eek:

608844[/snapback]

It was an AP piece - not an ESPN article

not cool - it's looking more and more like I'll be forced to avoid using both DEN backs this week. given the matchup, that seriously blows.