[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEED ADVISE QUICK

T-Scorp

One of the teams in my keeper league missed the playoffs by 1 point (tie breaker).

The issue is that because he does not have internet service at home (he lives in Wisconsin :D ) he sets his line up on the Fanball website at work and then emails his lineup to every other owner.

Last week on wednesday he had Hines Ward as a starting WR, on Thursday his email indicated he was starting Lee Evans instead. However, he failed the change his line up on the web.

Ward scored 3 and Evans scored 13. He lost 10 points and those 10 points would put him in the playoffs. (he won the game anyways).

League is sort of in a tizzy as it effects the playoffs.

Any and all advise is welcome.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with the last message from the owner. Which appears to be the email from Thursday putting in Evans. It seems to be known throughout the league that this owner doesn't have internet access so shouldn't cause too much contreversy.

Every year at playoff time stuff like this come up.

You simply MUST cover this stuff in your rules.

If it is covered then follow what your rules say.

If it isn't then you do indeed have a problem.

Has it been acceptable all along in your league to change lineups via email? If so then you allow the change to Lee Evans, if not then you don't.

Then there's the question of whether or not he emailed the change to everyone in the league.

If he emailed everyone in the league on Thursday that he was changing to Lee Evans, and changing your lineups via email is legal in your league then what's the problem? Let him make the change.

If everyone recieved the email then everyone would know of his change. If he didn't email the change to everyone then you would have another problem.

Of course if his email didn't show up until after the games then you have yet another problem.

Every year at playoff time stuff like this come up.

You simply MUST cover this stuff in your rules.

If it is covered then follow what your rules say.

If it isn't then you do indeed have a problem.

Has it been acceptable all along in your league to change lineups via email? If so then you allow the change to Lee Evans, if not then you don't.

Then there's the question of whether or not he emailed the change to everyone in the league.

If he emailed everyone in the league on Thursday that he was changing to Lee Evans, and changing your lineups via email is legal in your league then what's the problem?  Let him make the change.

If everyone recieved the email then everyone would know of his change. If he didn't email the change to everyone then you would have another problem.

Of course if his email didn't show up until after the games then you have yet another problem.

610069[/snapback]

What if Hines Ward had done better. Than he could say that although he sent the e-mail, his true intention was what was on the website, and he did not change that.

It's a grey area. He screwed up, and for integrity's sake he should get the Ward start imo.

What if Hines Ward had done better. Than he could say that although he sent the e-mail, his true intention was what was on the website, and he did not change that.

It's a grey area. He screwed up, and for integrity's sake he should get the Ward start imo.

610082[/snapback]

It wouldn't matter what his "intentions" were ... what mattered was his last communication to the league ... and it is clear that in his last communication to the league he inserted Evans. The fact that he emailed the entire league and not just the commissioner is a plus for him too.

It sounds to me like his lineup changes have been previously permitted via email so I am unclear as to why this week would be any different.

It wouldn't matter what his "intentions" were ... what mattered was his last communication to the league ... and it is clear that in his last communication to the league he inserted Evans.  The fact that he emailed the entire league and not just the commissioner is a plus for him too.

It sounds to me like his lineup changes have been previously permitted via email so I am unclear as to why this week would be any different.

610093[/snapback]

I agree with this 100%.

It wouldn't matter what his "intentions" were ... what mattered was his last communication to the league ... and it is clear that in his last communication to the league he inserted Evans.  The fact that he emailed the entire league and not just the commissioner is a plus for him too.

610093[/snapback]

I disagree. The e-mail to the league was not for lineup changes, it was simply for informational purposes. He never made lineup changes via e-mail. He made a mistake, it's his fault, and the commish is to blame for not picking it up as well.

I disagree. The e-mail to the league was not for lineup changes, it was simply for informational purposes. He never made lineup changes via e-mail. He made a mistake, it's his fault, and the commish is to blame for not picking it up as well.

610130[/snapback]

You are saying he sent his starting lineup to the entire league simply for informational purposes only ... and this was something he did on a regular basis whether or not he was making lineup changes?

Why else would he send his lineup to the entire league unless he was making a lineup change?

I'm confused, why would he e-mail his line-up to everyone in the league instead of just changing his starting line-up at the website? (If he had access to the internet to use his e-mail, why wouldn't he also have access to the website?)

Did he ever change his line-up this way before?

Why does he even send out e-mails to begin with? Does everyone send out e-mails of their rosters?

He has emailed his lineup each week to all the owners in the 3 leagues he is in. Yes, our rules state you can email your lineup.

He does not have internet at home because he lives in a new development in Hammond, WI and they don't have access yet.

My bad on the Advice/Advise thing (I know better!!)

You are saying he sent his starting lineup to the entire league simply for informational purposes only ... and this was something he did on a regular basis whether or not he was making lineup changes?

Why else would he send his lineup to the entire league unless he was making a lineup change?

610146[/snapback]

I'm just reading what was posted:

The issue is that because he does not have internet service at home (he lives in Wisconsin  ) he sets his line up on the Fanball website at work and then emails his lineup to every other owner.

I agree with this 100%.

610116[/snapback]

I agree with this as well, and go along with the whole "last communication" theory. If I was his opponent gunning for the playoffs, and Hines Ward was the big scorer instead of Evans, I know I would have lobbied the entire league saying - "hey, this guy told us ALL he was starting Lee Evans, and since then has not said otherwise!!!" And if I lost an argument like that it would be my last year in the league.

He has emailed his lineup each week to all the owners in the 3 leagues he is in.  Yes, our rules state you can email your lineup.

He does not have internet at home because he lives in a new development in Hammond, WI and they don't have access yet.

610150[/snapback]

So has he made lineup changes in the past via his email? In other words has he entered one lineup on the website and then changed his starting lineup with a subsequent email in the past.

If he has been allowed to change the lineup he entered on the website with a subsequent email in previous weeks how can you possibly deny him that ability now?

Edited by Grits and Shins

I'm confused, why would he e-mail his line-up to everyone in the league instead of just changing his starting line-up at the website?  (If he had access to the internet to use his e-mail, why wouldn't he also have access to the website?)

Did he ever change his line-up this way before?

Why does he even send out e-mails to begin with?  Does everyone send out e-mails of their rosters?

610149[/snapback]

This is the second year the league has been on the web. In the past we always emailed out line ups in. Some owners, including the commish still do. Old habits just die hard I guess. He thought he had changed it on the web. Didn't notice until Monday morning he hadn't changed it.

Edited by T-Scorp

610146[/snapback]

Well, that is what the original post said.

The issue is that because he does not have internet service at home (he lives in Wisconsin ) he sets his line up on the Fanball website at work and then emails his lineup to every other owner.

From this, it would appear he has ALWAYS set his line-up using the Fanball site AND not by sending emails.

As such, it is his problem he did not change to Evans on the site, which is the "official" process. Your argument only holds water if he had NOT been setting his line-up using the site and had been emailing his line-up changes to the league throughout the entire season.

Edited by gspot

He has emailed his lineup each week to all the owners in the 3 leagues he is in.  Yes, our rules state you can email your lineup.

610150[/snapback]

Since your rules state you can email your lineup, which he did, he gets Evans.