[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEED ADVISE QUICK

T-Scorp

What if Hines Ward had done better. Than he could say that although he sent the e-mail, his true intention was what was on the website, and he did not change that.

It's a grey area. He screwed up, and for integrity's sake he should get the Ward start imo.

610082[/snapback]

This guy apparently handles these things via email every week. And his LAST email said to bench Ward and start Evans.

Now had Ward done better and this guy was suddenly saying that he really wanted Ward all along and that's why he never changed it on the site, then I would have a problem.

But his accepted method of informing the league of his lineup said to go with Evans on Thursday, well in advance of the games being played. that means the enitre league knew he wanted Evans ever since Thursday.

To me, so long as this email actually surfaced before the games started, there is no issue. He gets to start Evans.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the teams in my keeper league missed the playoffs by 1 point (tie breaker).

he sets his line up on the Fanball website at work

However, he failed the change his line up on the web.

610033[/snapback]

T-Scorp, based on the information you have provided in your post, you have stated that he sets his line up on a website, but he failed to change his line up on that said website.

That guy, IMO...is SOL.

Gotta be more careful if it is important to him. His mistake, he pays the price.

This guy apparently handles these things via email every week. And his LAST email said to bench Ward and start Evans.

Now had Ward done better and this guy was suddenly saying that he really wanted Ward all along and that's why he never changed it on the site, then I would have a problem.

But his accepted method of informing the league of his lineup said to go with Evans on Thursday, well in advance of the games being played. that means the enitre league knew he wanted Evans ever since Thursday.

To me, so long as this email actually surfaced before the games started, there is no issue. He gets to start Evans.

610195[/snapback]

But the purpose of the e-mail was not to announce changes. The purpose of the e-mail was informational, a confirmation of the starting lineup put in on the web. The two didn't jive because he made a mistake. At least that's how I'm intepreting what T_Scorp is posting. :D

I disagree. The e-mail to the league was not for lineup changes, it was simply for informational purposes. He never made lineup changes via e-mail. He made a mistake, it's his fault, and the commish is to blame for not picking it up as well.

610130[/snapback]

Yes he did.

Last week on wednesday he had Hines Ward as a starting WR, on Thursday his email indicated he was starting Lee Evans instead. However, he failed the change his line up on the web.

He sent out one email on Wednesday and he then changed it on Thursday and then sent no more emails after Thursday.

Now as I originally stated, these things need to be more clearly covered in their league rules but in the absence of being more clearly covered then I see no reason to suddenly stop allowing him to do what he has been doing all along.

The dude puts his own lineup in every week and doesn't have the commish do it? Than if he didn't change his lineup, he gets what he gets.

Is the commish responsible to ask everybody if they want to change their lineups? No.

No player should be allowed to "hedge their bets" by putting in one lineup and e-mailing another.

It seems peculiar that if the guy was actually consciously trying to change is his line-up that he did not mention that fact in his e-mail. something like:

"here is my line-up, I am replacing Ward with Evans.

P.S. Don't ask why I am not also going back to the fanball site to change my line-up there, because I really have no good answer for that... oh yeah, my reason is that I don't have internet access at home. :D "

The dude puts his own lineup in every week and doesn't have the commish do it?  Than if he didn't change his lineup, he gets what he gets. 

Is the commish responsible to ask everybody if they want to change their lineups? No.

No player should be allowed to "hedge their bets" by putting in one lineup and e-mailing another.

610225[/snapback]

The commissioner isn't "asking everybody if they want to change their lineups" ... this owner mailed the entire league with his lineup change.

Well, that is what the original post said.

The issue is that because he does not have internet service at home (he lives in Wisconsin  ) he sets his line up on the Fanball website at work and then emails his lineup to every other owner.

From this, it would appear he has ALWAYS set his line-up using the Fanball site AND not by sending emails. 

As such, it is his problem he did not change to Evans on the site, which is the "official" process.  Your argument only holds water if he had NOT been setting his line-up using the site and had been emailing his line-up changes to the league throughout the entire season.

610179[/snapback]

Not in regards to making changes to his line up after leaving work.

Email is how he does this.

Yes he did.

He sent out one email on Wednesday and he then changed it on Thursday and then sent no more emails after Thursday.

Now as I originally stated, these things need to be more clearly covered in their league rules but in the absence of being more clearly covered then I see no reason to suddenly stop allowing him to do what he has been doing all along.

610217[/snapback]

Isn't your second quote from the week that is in dispute? If so your post holds no water. If not, my theory holds no water.

From what I gather the Evans - Ward ting that happened "last Thursday" is the thing we're talking about, not what happened 2 weeks ago. No?

The commissioner isn't "asking everybody if they want to change their lineups" ... this owner mailed the entire league with his lineup change.

610231[/snapback]

I know that. This was to show how absurd the situation is. A commissioner isn't required to check lineups. The players do.

The guy puts his own lineup into the system. He doesn't ask a commish or anybody else to do it for him. It's his own responsibility to do so unless the duty was passed to somebody else. It hasn't.

The guy gets the player he put in his lineup. Simple.

Edited by MikesVikes

Isn't your second quote from the week that is in dispute? If so your post holds no water. If not, my theory holds no water.

From what I gather the Evans - Ward ting that happened "last Thursday" is the thing we're talking about, not what happened 2 weeks ago. No?

610239[/snapback]

No.

Everything in T-scorp's post is from this past week.

I think you are mis-reading it.

The Wednesday & Thursday that he is referring to is Wednesday December 8th & Thursday December 9th.

He made the change to Evans 1 day after submitting the original lineup that had Ward in it.

The key is this: he sets his line up on the Fanball website at work and then emails his lineup to every other owner.

The email is informational, the lineup he enters at work. He needs to be held to his official lineup submission through work, as he does every given week.

Reason: look at the debate: 'well he informs everyone of his changes so let it happen it's prety clear.' -or- my take which is one place for a lineup.

He created his own grey situation where he could choose to form an argument for starting either Ward or Evans based on his error AFTER playing is over. That is not fair to the other 11 owners. However his lineup was submitted 100% of the time from weeks 1-13 is how is should it should be played out.

We can enter lineups as following: through the website, in person with the commish, on the phone with the commish via email to the commish.

In other words, we make sure owners are locked out of online chagnes at our deadline, and all other request route through the commissioner. The easiest thing to do in ANY league should be entering your starting lineup. No restictions on means of communicating it other than the time cutoff.

Keep It Simple, Stupid. KISS.

Read it; learn it; live it.

Edited by Pope Flick

Not in regards to making changes to his line up after leaving work.

Email is how he does this.

610235[/snapback]

:D

So, how can someone with no internet access at home use email when they are at home?

The guy submits his lineups on the website. This week he failed to make his changes on the website that he submits his lineups each week.

Unless the email stated, "commish make this change for me", he didn't do his due dilligence and he's stuck with Ward.

I know that.  This was to show how absurd the situation is.  A commissioner isn't required to check lineups.  The players do.

The guy puts his own lineup into the system.  He doesn't ask a commish or anybody else to do it for him.  It's his own responsibility to do so unless the duty was passed to somebody else.  It hasn't.

The guy gets the player he put in his lineup.  Simple.

610244[/snapback]

Unless it has been acceptable for him to make changes to those lineups via email all along, which it apparrently has been.

No.

Everything in T-scorp's post is from this past week.

I think you are mis-reading it.

The Wednesday & Thursday that he is referring to is Wednesday December 8th & Thursday December 9th.

He made the change to Evans 1 day after submitting the original lineup that had Ward in it.

610258[/snapback]

OK, allow me to summarize:

The first and only time this entire year that he made a lineup change via e-mail was this past week, the 8th and 9th of December. For every other week, he sent the e-mail, but the lineup in the e-mail was the same as on the website. This past week, the 8th and 9th of December, the lineups between the e-mail (where he's never made lineup changes before) and the website are different. The later change was made via e-mail, which was to insert Evans into the lineup. That lineup change was not made on the website. Now the owner who has never made an e-mail lineup change all year, says he made one this week? :D Not on my watch.

:D

So, how can someone with no internet access at home use email when they are at home?

The guy submits his lineups on the website. This week he failed to make his changes on the website that he submits his lineups each week.

Unless the email stated, "commish make this change for me", he didn't do his due dilligence and he's stuck with Ward.

610263[/snapback]

I don't know about his Internet Access. I just know that the guy who started this thread made it sound like making changes to lineups via email is acceptable in his league.

This guy did that on Thursday and then sent no subsequent emails. So you go with his Thursday email.

I would bet money that his opponent would be saying go with Thursday's email had this guy originally submitted Evans on Wednesday and then sent an email Thursday to switch to Ward.

OK, allow me to summarize:

The first and only time this entire year that he made a lineup change via e-mail was this past week, the 8th and 9th of December. For every other week, he sent the e-mail, but the lineup in the e-mail was the same as on the website. This past week, the 8th and 9th of December, the lineups between the e-mail (where he's never made lineup changes before) and the website are different. The later change was made via e-mail, which was to insert Evans into the lineup. That lineup change was not made on the website. Now the owner who has never made an e-mail lineup change all year, says he made one this week? :D Not on my watch.

610276[/snapback]

Where T-Scorp tell you all this?

And how do you get around the fact that the rules specifically allow for lineups to be emailed in?

So if he hadn't entered any lineup on the website and emailed a lineup in on Wednesday with Ward ... then followed with an email on Thursday with Evans you would have dis-allowed the second email?