[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEED ADVISE QUICK

T-Scorp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Grits.

T-Scorp specifically stated that leaguerules permit the submission of lineups via e-mail.

Whether the change was intentional or not, the last submitted lineup via acceptable league methods, which are either directly into the site or via e-mail, was the lineup submitted on Thursday via e-mail that contained Evans in his lineup.

Whether his intention was to start Ward or Evans is irrelevant. Whether he had made changes previously or not is ireleveant. League rules, as posted by T-Scorp, specifically state that lineups can be submitted via e-mail, and this was done on Thursday.

As to the question of how could he e-mail it and not have internet access, well, he could have sent an e-mail from a cell phone or a balckberry or something that could not access the website.

OK, allow me to summarize:

The first and only time this entire year that he made a lineup change via e-mail was this past week, the 8th and 9th of December. For every other week, he sent the e-mail, but the lineup in the e-mail was the same as on the website. This past week, the 8th and 9th of December, the lineups between the e-mail (where he's never made lineup changes before) and the website are different. The later change was made via e-mail, which was to insert Evans into the lineup. That lineup change was not made on the website. Now the owner who has never made an e-mail lineup change all year, says he made one this week? :D Not on my watch.

610276[/snapback]

Ok a minute ago you said that I was referring to 2 weeks ago when I mentioned the Wednesday email and now you are saying that you know without a doubt that the email from the 8th & 9th was the first time he ever changed his line up via email.

How can you know that if you didn't even know the Wednesday email was from the 8th?

OK, allow me to summarize:

The first and only time this entire year that he made a lineup change via e-mail was this past week, the 8th and 9th of December. For every other week, he sent the e-mail, but the lineup in the e-mail was the same as on the website. This past week, the 8th and 9th of December, the lineups between the e-mail (where he's never made lineup changes before) and the website are different. The later change was made via e-mail, which was to insert Evans into the lineup. That lineup change was not made on the website. Now the owner who has never made an e-mail lineup change all year, says he made one this week? :D Not on my watch.

610276[/snapback]

Good summary, I think that was what I was trying to say. :D

I think that sums it up and should end the debate.

I also like your question above-- How does someone send an email, while simultaneously having NO access to the Internet? One may suspect he was intentionally trying to hedge.

Good summary, I think that was what I was trying to say.  :D

I also like your question above-- How does someone send an email, while simultaneously having NO access to the Internet?  One may suspect he was intentionally trying to hedge.

610727[/snapback]

As best I can tell his summary includes information not provided in this post ... where did that information come from?

Good summary, I think that was what I was trying to say.  :D

I also like your question above-- How does someone send an email, while simultaneously having NO access to the Internet?  One may suspect he was intentionally trying to hedge.

610727[/snapback]

Well there you have it, G-spot says it so it must be so. B)

The debate is over. :D

Next time I have a problem to solve I will skip the whole, talk it over thing and go straight to Hugh & G-spot for their ruling on the situation. :D

By the way, you still seem to be ignoring the fact that email lineup changes are allowed in their league.

Well there you have it, G-spot says it so it must be so.  :D

The debate is over. :D

Next time I have a problem to solve I will skip the whole, talk it over thing and go straight to Hugh & G-spot for their ruling on the situation. B)

By the way, you still seem to be ignoring the fact that email lineup changes are allowed in their league.

610741[/snapback]

Nice! I am here for ya Jrick.

Gspot = problem solver (The Wolf)

Hey, with 65 replies, you need to give some credit for trying to stop the madness.

Edited by gspot

If the league is kind of "in a tizzy" why are we assuming it is OK to change the line-up via e-mail only. I don't hink I'm taking a great leap here when I assume that if it were OK to change a line-up just by e-mail there would be no league, tizzy or am I missing something?

If the league is kind of "in a tizzy" why are we assuming it is OK to change the line-up via e-mail only.  I don't hink I'm taking a great leap here when I assume that if it were OK to change a line-up just by e-mail there would be no league, tizzy or am I missing something?

610780[/snapback]

I'm guessing the main problem is that the commissioner didn't catch the lineup change on the email and announced the playoff teams/seeding. Then the owner in question called him to carpet on his line up and now the league is in a tizzy.

I'm guessing the main problem is that the commissioner didn't catch the lineup change on the email and announced the playoff teams/seeding.  Then the owner in question called him to carpet on his line up and now the league is in a tizzy.

610785[/snapback]

If that's what happened then I change my opinion.

Ok a minute ago you said that I was referring to 2 weeks ago when I mentioned the Wednesday email and now you are saying that you know without a doubt that the email from the 8th & 9th was the first time he ever changed his line up via email.

How can you know that if you didn't even know the Wednesday email was from the 8th?

610706[/snapback]

I don't. I'm assuming, based on the minute amount of information T-Scorp has provided us with. If my assumptions are correct, then I think the point I am trying to make, makes sense. However, we all know what they say about assuming.

I agree with Pope Flick. If the owner had Internet access after sending his e-mail to the league (and it appears that he did), then it's his fault for not making the change, and he should be obligated to keep Ward in his lineup. Otherwise, how can he prove he didn't have 2nd thoughts about Evans and decide to keep Ward in his starting lineup after all? For that matter, what if Ward had scored 13 this week and Evans had scored 3? Would the owner get away with saying that he decided to start Ward after all, even after sending the e-mail? I'm guessing he would. And this is why I believe you have to hold him accountable to the lineup that was submitted on the Internet. It's not fair to the other owners to let him profit from his ambiguity.

I agree with Pope Flick.  If the owner had Internet access after sending his e-mail to the league (and it appears that he did), then it's his fault for not making the change, and he should be obligated to keep Ward in his lineup.  Otherwise, how can he prove he didn't have 2nd thoughts about Evans and decide to keep Ward in his starting lineup after all?  For that matter, what if Ward had scored 13 this week and Evans had scored 3?  Would the owner get away with saying that he decided to start Ward after all, even after sending the e-mail?  I'm guessing he would.  And this is why I believe you have to hold him accountable to the lineup that was submitted on the Internet.  It's not fair to the other owners to let him profit from his ambiguity.

610844[/snapback]

What you all need to do is stop assuming things.

The simple fact is that this league has allowed this owner to submit lineups and changes via email all along. T-scorp even elaborates in a later post that other owners are doing it as well.

The fact that it is an accepted practice would indicate that you go with the last legal lineup received. Which was the Thursday email with Evans in the lineup.

All of the assumptions or speculations are moot.

The owner gets Evans.

As I said earlier, his opponent would probably have no problem allowing the Thursday email if it were sitting Evans in favor of Ward instead of the other way around.

He has emailed his lineup each week to all the owners in the 3 leagues he is in.  Yes, our rules state you can email your lineup.

He does not have internet at home because he lives in a new development in Hammond, WI and they don't have access yet.

My bad on the Advice/Advise thing (I know better!!)

610150[/snapback]

Why does this continue? They need to change the rules if they want to go solely by web site submissions for any week. Well, IMHO...as many have stated already.

If he would have stuck with the submitted lineup based on better performance, then you could ***-slap him with the same ruling, his email trumped his lineup submission.

What ended up happening with all this T-Scorp? Has this owner done this before as Grits has asked (web-submitted lineup disagreeing with a later email he sent for any given week)?

Fellow Huddlers,

I am sorry that I did not offer any further post yesterday. I was with clients until late last night.

I have read through most of the posts and will try and answer/clarify your additional questions.

The owner in question (it is not me by the way) is in three leagues and has limited access to the internet at work and no access from home. Every week he sets his lineups early in the week via Fanball's websites. He always emails his line ups later in the week to let other owners know his line ups. (this practice stems from an incident last year when he told the commish "in person" to make a lineup change and the owner he was playing squaked about it.)

He normally matches his web line ups to the email line ups. From time to time he will indicate he may make changes and emails those changes if they occur.

Our league rules state you can set your line up on the web, email it to your opponent and the commish or both. We have never had this specific problem arise but in the past owners have emailed changes to the commish/opponent and the commish makes the changes.

The week in question is week 14 and the lineup was set on the web on 12/8 and the email was sent 12/9.

The basic cause for the issue(IMO) is twofold. 1) The owner did not recheck his line up Thursday or Friday to make sure the lineup was correct. He thought he had changed it on the web. He knows he does not have internet access so Friday is the last day for him to check lineups. 2) The commish did not confirm the line up change made by the email. I do not blame him for this as he is not our babysitter.

I do thank each and everyone of you for your advice and opinions. I apologize for leaving everyone hanging...it was not my intent to start a fire and run. Once again work gets in the way of fantasy football!

The commish was on vacation until today so I have no clue what his solution is. I know he uses the Huddle so maybe he saw this already.

Thanks again.