[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official McNair Watch

reddogs2020

If anybody hears anything regarding McNair's status for the game against NO, please post here.  Thanks!

610091[/snapback]

I know he won't play against NO next week... however there is a chance he might play against OAK :D

Sorry I couldn't resist... :D

Fisher will talk with quarterback about sitting out rest of season

December 14, 2004

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee quarterback Steve McNair could sit out the final three games of the season with a bruised sternum that has kept him from playing the past two games.

With the Titans (4-9) officially eliminated from playoff contention, coach Jeff Fisher said Tuesday that he will talk with McNair in the next few days to decide the immediate future.

The Titans do not have a healthy starter on the offensive line, and face even more shuffling. Center Justin Hartwig tore open the ring finger on his right hand and needed surgery following Monday night's 49-38 loss to Kansas City.

McNair, the NFL's co-MVP last season, bruised his sternum on Sept. 26, an injury that put him in the hospital for two nights. He has aggravated the injury twice, causing him to miss five games and parts of two others this season.

After hurting his chest again in a 31-21 loss at Houston on Nov. 28, McNair said he was tired of the toll playing hurt has taken on his body. Asked three days later if he still felt that way, the 32-year-old 10-year veteran didn't back off his comments that he will decide whether it's time to stop playing football this offseason.

Not even a healthy McNair can help the Titans now. The roster is filled with walking wounded, and the Titans are mired at the bottom of the AFC South for the first time since realignment.

Fisher has said McNair will need up to eight weeks of inactivity for his chest to heal. Sitting McNair for the rest of the season would give the quarterback a five-week head start on deciding whether he wants to return for 2005.

I would be extremely surprised if McNair plays again this year. Why not get Volek some time? He is doing well, and if McNair does want to come back, getting a head start on decent health would be a good idea.

I think he's going to call it quits, myself.