[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Shanny playing games again?

goose228

Is this more SHAN_AN_AGINS by Shanahan?? First Bell has a 3rd degree seperated shoulder and could be done for the season...to now he could be available to play on Sun. Is Shanahan just trying to throw off KC by not letting them know which RB style to prepare for?...Or is Bell really alright?

Tatum Bell, RB DEN

News: According to reports, Tatum Bell (shoulder) might be available for Week 15 based on his threshold for pain.

Analysis: Bell suffered a third-degree separation of his left shoulder in Week 14

via cbssportsline.com

Edited by goose228

I think 3rd degree is the least hurt one so to speak. So if he can play with the pain maybe he can play. That's what Shanny said in terms of if he can deal with the pain Bell can go.

610903[/snapback]

oops...I had it wrong then...I was thinking 3rd degree was a more serious injury.

sorry

oops...I had it wrong then...I was thinking 3rd degree was a more serious injury.

sorry

610909[/snapback]

It may be the more serious one. I was asking really. I'm not sure either. So you may be right. Either way Shanny did say the injury can be injected and if he can deal with the pain he can play. BUT at this point gun to my head I say he's out and Droughns starts.

I'd love to be able to use one of the DEN backs this w/e, but I plan on staying away unless we hear definitively that Bell is out. Good thing I've got Julius to fall back on . . .

I'd love to be able to use one of the DEN backs this w/e, but I plan on staying away unless we hear definitively that Bell is out.  Good thing I've got Julius to fall back on  . . .

611055[/snapback]

So have I, but he's in Philly. I'd rather use a fulltime Denver back against KC.

So have I, but he's in Philly.  I'd rather use a fulltime Denver back against KC.

611091[/snapback]

That's my intent (to use Droughns if Bell is out), but Rueben has looked flat out awful these last 2 games and he's got that neck stinger to boot. My gut's telling me to stay away no matter what happens, but my head isn't listening.

From Fanball.com:

Running back Tatum Bell suffered a third-degree shoulder separation on Sunday, casting doubt on his availability for the rest of the season. "I really don't know [the severity], but a third-degree separation isn't good," head coach Mike Shanahan said after the game. "That's as high as it goes."

I can't imagine that Bell will play if he's actually got a 3rd degree separation - that ***e hurts.

I agree with Balzac. I don't see Bell playing this week either. Droughns will get the start IMO. But who knows what will happen. Say he fumbles again does that mean we see Hearst? Is Hearst even on the team anymore? I think it is a very touchy situation that I would prefer not to have to deal with but it's either that or Tiki against Pittsburgh and Eli... Btw, I would start Jones in a heartbeat. You can run on that Philly defense and their D-Line is hurt. Only thing to worry about is Dallas getting down big and throwing but I think they run no matter how far they are down...

I can't figure why the Rat would be pulling gamesmanship on his starting RB. Against K.C. does it really matter? Stay far away from this situation is you can.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=80203

there it is

For one thing, his arm is not in a sling, as one would expect it to be after suffering a third-degree shoulder separation. His shoulder didn't even have any tape on it as he ventured through the locker room on Monday afternoon.

Not only was a sling not present, it wasn't even considered after he injured the shoulder on the Broncos' second possession of the third period in the 20-17 win over Miami.

"We didn't even talk about a sling," said Bell, who ran for 123 yards and scored twice before falling to injury. "I didn't even ask for one, and they didn't say anything to me about one."

With proper protection, Bell feels as if he can play at Kansas City.

-

He has alot to prove and if he can go out there he will. Rube is also a little banged up himself.

Edited by MrTed46

I had a 3rd degree shoulder seperation and shattered collarbone several years ago. It required surgery and 12 weeks in a sling. I doubt that he will be playing this year. I self medicated with mass quantities of beer, and could barely play cards for the first 3 weeks.

Edit to clarify, "if he really has a 3rd degree seperation."

Edited by Brewer

Unfortunately Brewer you are not in the NFL with superior doctors and medicine.

We'll see wha happens. I happen to like Tantum Bell and hope he does play. I am anti-Rube!

611369[/snapback]

I had a pretty well known orthopedic surgeon, and as I said, lots of beer. However, the 3rd degree seperation was explained to me as being a total seperation of the ligaments which hold the shoulder in place. I needed 3 pins to be inserted to hold the shoulder in place while everything healed. It sounds to me as if the degree of seperation has been overstated.

"I asked (Antonopulos) to go back over the last 15 years or 20 years and tell me the people that were able to play the following week with a third-degree separation," Shanahan said. "He went through about 10 or 15 guys that were able to play the following week. So that was a little encouraging."

One of those players was Terrell Davis, who fought through a shoulder injury late in the 1997 season to help lead the Broncos on a playoff run to their first world championship.

So this injury could stand a referendum on Bell's ability to play through pain. He missed time with finger, rib and hamstring injuries earlier in the year.

-

I guess it depends on the situation.

Edited by MrTed46