[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's pretty sad

borge007

won almost single-handedly week 14 ff games. Those owners must have alot of skill!! :D  I'm not one!! :D

610983[/snapback]

i am bennett owner and i think it does take alot of skill as bennett has been hot and cold all year. also up until 2 weeks ago volek (when he played) was locked on mason not bennett and when mcnair was in there bennett was always dropping passes, so if you are me you really do have to think about starting bennett.

also don't be bitter 'cause your head was up your a$$ when bennett was on waivers as there is more of you and less of us. B)

It's different in that Peyton is a must start each and every week.  Who starts Bennett on a weekly basis???? :D

611139[/snapback]

i had to start him every week! my wr corp was so weak early on due to injury he was one of the only possibilities when calico had gone down.

It's different in that Peyton is a must start each and every week.  Who starts Bennett on a weekly basis???? :D

611139[/snapback]

Adjusting your lineup according to injuries and matchups is the skill factor in FF, isn't it? Otherwise we'd all just set a lineup at the start of the year than come back three months later to see how they were getting on.

Peyton is a no-brainer start, but there's only about a dozen of those at most - all the other players are options.

He was started in both of my local leagues.

One team started Bennett and M.Robinson with Driver and Branch on the bench. This guy's top 2 receivers are out for year - all his current WR's came off of the waiver wire. Bennett made the difference in the game.

Other team started Bennett, R.Moss and Wayne with a bench of Fitzgerald and a bunch of other useless scrubs. No choice but to play Bennett really judging from the garbage on the bench. Team had already won before Bennett took the field anyway.

Bennett's been pretty hot as of late but nobody would've predicted such a hugh game. The other Titan Rec's getting hurt and the usual early departure of C.Brown left few other choices to throw to.

Bottom line - Fantasy football is better than 50% luck - Unless you are on the winning side that had Bennett going for ya...Then it's all skill! :D

It's not abnormal on any given week for some fringe player to have a big week. Like Bennett in this case. Me thinks the timing with regard to playoffs is why this topic was started. Why not throw Volek in the same category?

611202[/snapback]

O.K.-Same deal with Volek. A few years back, a team in our league got the last spot with a 4-9 record. Guess who had 4 TD Toomer! Same "skill" as Bennett and Volek. Would anyone start Volek over P. Manning or Bennett over T. Holt in week 14? I think not! :D

I don't think it's sad at all. I think it's awesome that someone had the guts to put him in their lineup at such a critical point in the season. A guy in my league started him yesterday in the first round of our playoffs. Everyone knows he is Volek's go-to guy. I just takes balls to actually put him in the lineup. Great job to those who won because of that move.

O.K.-Same deal with Volek. A few years back, a team in our league got the last spot with a 4-9 record. Guess who had 4 TD Toomer! Same "skill" as Bennett and Volek. Would anyone start Volek over P. Manning or Bennett over T. Holt in week 14? I think not! :D

611230[/snapback]

I'm in a 14 team league and we start 3 WR's.

I've proudly started Holt, Javon Walker, and ,since week 7 when I traded Lee Suggs for him, Drew Bennett. I crushed my first round opponent 180-121 and have advance to the round of 4. :D

I try to avoid pinning my hopes on a WR that suddenly gets hot in one week, but with Volek hooking up with Bennett deep in Week 13's game and with all signs pointing to Volek starting against KC, with their terrible pass D, I just had to take the chance. My guess would be many others saw it this way as well.

I try to avoid pinning my hopes on a WR that suddenly gets hot in one week, but with Volek hooking up with Bennett deep in Week 13's game and with all signs pointing to Volek starting against KC, with their terrible pass D, I just had to take the chance. My guess would be many others saw it this way as well.

611472[/snapback]

this was my reason. :D

I have Walker/Harrison as my weekly starters. My third WR has been Clayton unless I found a better match-up. Bennett was it this last week too bad I didn't sit Walker :D. FF is part luck/skill/and having the balls to start an unlikely stud of the week. If it weren't for me taking a few upside picks I don't think I'd be leading my league as my QBs all year have been McNair/Griese/Delhomme and the occasional start on good matchups like Vinny going off one week, and Volek a few times.

A flipside example... The Bennett owner benched him this week for Owens & Driver. Woulda won with Bennett and clinched a playoff spot but lost instead. Now, this team needs to beat the Manning & Alexander owner to get in, otherwise he's out. At the time, I thought nothing of his decision to start Owens & Driver.

Wonder what he'll do this week.

won almost single-handedly week 14 ff games. Those owners must have alot of skill!! :D  I'm not one!! :D

610983[/snapback]

Sour grapes!

That's all there is to it.

Whether it was the lucky result of having no one else to start or simply playing a hunch the point is they played Bennett and they got to enjoyu the results.

It was no less of a win for the Titans just because Volek and Bennett were doing it instead of McNair & Mason.