[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Player Do You Want . . .

Balzac

If you could transplant 1 (and only 1) player in the NFL from another team to your home team, who would it be?

Being a Pats fan, my home team doesn't have too many weaknesses, but I'd like to go with a WR - Andre Johnson. Why? He's got all the tools, the size that is lacking in the NE receiving corp and, most importantly, he doesn't waste his time showboating! He's a class act all around and a top-tier WR - I'd love to see him on the Pats.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas has soooooo many needs ... if I can only pick one player it's going to be a QB ... because Testy ain't it and Henson ain't it and Romo ain't it.

Peyton Manning is the obvious choice here ... but believe it or not I don't believe I take Manning. Dallas doesn't have the WRs nor will it ever have the WRs that a Manning needs. I'd probably take a chance with Ben Rothlisberger. I like this kid and he's young and he's big.

But I'd be happy if we could get Kitna or Volek.

Dallas has soooooo many needs ... if I can only pick one player it's going to be a QB ... because Testy ain't it and Henson ain't it and Romo ain't it.

Peyton Manning is the obvious choice here ... but believe it or not I don't believe I take Manning.  Dallas doesn't have the WRs nor will it ever have the WRs that a Manning needs.  I'd probably take a chance with Ben Rothlisberger.  I like this kid and he's young and he's big.

612758[/snapback]

Interesting choice. Smart, has the tools and he doesn't make mistakes - perfect fit for a Parcells-like team that could feature Julius Jones as its workhorse for the next few years. I've got to wonder if such a methodical offensive scheme could work for a team like Dallas that doesn't have the stifling D or punishing O-line that PIT has. Good pick.

once again I would like to applaud Balzac...ive enjoyed reading most of his replies and posts...he is probably my favorite poster here...you attend many Pats games?

sec 140 row 23 seat 17 and 18 are mine

612779[/snapback]

Thanks - I appreciate the comment.

Unfortunately, I can't call myself a real Pats "homer" anymore b/c I no longer live in MA (although I did for 18 years, moved in my college years). I'm in NY and I try to get to the Jets/Pats game at the Meadowlands each year - been there the last 2 seasons to witness consecutive drubbings by my boys - trying to score tickets for this year's contest as well.

I would like to have a tough pounding RB, hmmm maybe Alexander or Tomlinson.

Someone to pound the ball and complement Westbrook.

Edited by NSab

Balzac..Im going to the Meadowlands day after Christmas..went last year too....my ticket cost me 175..dotn know exactly where the seats are cause my boy in NY bought em for a bunch of us..I know they in the 300 sections though...went there last year..rockin my Seymour authentic..had so much *** thrown at me..cause of course I was talkin a bunch of ***..dudes were throwin cookies and pretzels and plastic beer bottles...they arent going to like when I rock the Yankees #11 tee shirt I have that says "R Kelly" on the back though

In Chicago, we would like one of the following:

Peyton Manning

Daunte Culpepper

Gus Frerotte

Michael Vick

Donovan McNabb

Brett Favre

Matt Hasselbeck

Trent Dilfer

Aaron Brooks

Jake Delhomme

Billy Volek

Steve McNair

Jake Plummer

David Carr

Vinny Testaverde

Trent Green

Kerry Collins

Chris Chandler

Mark Bulger

Drew Brees

Philip Rivers

Joey Harrington

Mike McMahon

Byron Leftwich

David Garrand

Tom Brady

Josh McCown

Drew Bledsoe

Luke McCown

Brian Griese

Carson Palmer

Jon Kitna

Kyle Boller

Chad Pennington

Patrick Ramsey

Ben Roethlisberger

Pick a QB....any QB....I don't care which one.

Balzac..Im going to the Meadowlands day after Christmas..went last year too....my ticket cost me 175..dotn know exactly where the seats are cause my boy in NY bought em for a bunch of us..I know they in the 300 sections though...went there last year..rockin my Seymour authentic..had so much *** thrown at me..cause of course I was talkin a bunch of ***..dudes were throwin cookies and pretzels and plastic beer bottles...they arent going to like when I rock the Yankees #11 tee shirt I have that says "R Kelly" on the back though

612805[/snapback]

Had to be the coldest night of the year that game - tailgating was only made tolerable by my boy Jack Daniels (and Onterrio's huge game, which I received periodic updates on). I didn't get much crap for sporting full Pats gear - I think peeps were just too cold to say anything. If I score tix, I'll probably be the only guy in the stadium in a Tippett jersey, so I'll be easy to find outside between gates C & D.

Well, if I only got one choice I would have to bring McNabb home to Chicago.

He’s proven he can win with very little talent around him, and the Bears have plenty of no-talent hacks on offense.

Can we pick a coach?

612809[/snapback]

If you're a STL or MIN fan, then no. It's too much fun for everyone else to rag on Martz's and Tice's bumblings to deprive us of that.

I actually stayed at a friends apt in Manhattan..we watched most of that KC/Vikes game at a bar and ate..we took the bus from Port authority...me and my boys..like 6 of us..had to be moved by security with 3 minutes left cause they thought it was best for our safety..because we were *** talking back and forth all game..I also brought 3 pints of So Co in the hood of my sweatshirt(havent been to a stadium yet where my hoods been searched). Went down to Miami last year too.Wanted to go this year...but the timing with Christmas and everything just isnt right...last year it was heaven in October though...Ill be on the lookout for ya..Ill be rockin my Seymour again probably...like 6 of us takin a limo from Simsbury CT.

If you're a STL or MIN fan, then no.  It's too much fun for everyone else to rag on Martz's and Tice's bumblings to deprive us of that.

612824[/snapback]

Busted. :D

In that case, I'd go with Keith Bulluck. We need a relatively young presence in the middle of the defense. I can't stand Ray Ray like DGF mentioned, so I'll opt for Bulluck.

And if I could pick a coach: Romeo Crennell, come on down. :D

Peyton Manning is the obvious choice here ... but believe it or not I don't believe I take Manning.  Dallas doesn't have the WRs nor will it ever have the WRs that a Manning needs.  I'd probably take a chance with Ben Rothlisberger.  I like this kid and he's young and he's big.

612758[/snapback]

ROMO IS IT!

Look no further than Tony for the QB help Dallas needs.

(havent been to a stadium yet where my hoods been searched)

612828[/snapback]

I always had a hunch you were one of "those" people. Didn't know they had rallies in Yankee land, though. Let alone at an NFL game. Thought it was more of a secret society. :D

I actually stayed at a friends apt in Manhattan..we watched most of that KC/Vikes game at a bar and ate..we took the bus from Port authority...me and my boys..like 6 of us..had to be moved by security with 3 minutes left cause they thought it was best for our safety..because we were *** talking back and forth all game..I also brought 3 pints of So Co in the hood of my sweatshirt(havent been to a stadium yet where my hoods been searched). Went down to Miami last year too.Wanted to go this year...but the timing with Christmas and everything just isnt right...last year it was heaven in October though...Ill be on the lookout for ya..Ill be rockin my Seymour again probably...like 6 of us takin a limo from Simsbury CT.

612828[/snapback]

Simsbury - I lived in Glastonbury for a few years and my parents are still there. CT ain't bad.