[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Player Do You Want . . .

Balzac

I guess one of the major reasons I also like Stroud is the difficulty the Colts have running against Jax. They don't seem to have that problem against the Pats, except for that one yard. . .

More than willing to debate, but when you come off saying, "maybe that's why were (sic) better than everyone else." You come off as an blind-ass homer. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain...no those same people would not say that Andre Johnson is better than Randy...but Randy doesnt fit into New Englands financial philosophy and is a potential Terry Glenn waiting to happen.

as far as the whole Seymour/Stroud debate? I didnt know it was against the forum rules to start or carry on a debate

613469[/snapback]

What does the part about Terry Glenn mean?

SOrry I got in this so late but for the Seahawks, the obvious would be someone like Julius Peppers, but I've got to say the guy I wish would be a Seahawk more than anyone would be Brian Westbrook. Simply the most fun player to watch in the NFL.

but Randy doesnt fit into New Englands financial philosophy

613469[/snapback]

The thread didn't ask: "Who would you take if they'd fit under the salary cap?" It asked who you would choose. Colts are loaded at DE, Seymour's officially listed position. In my opinion, they need help at DT. Stroud has a ton of potential, and is just as good as Seymour, but plays DT full time.

JRick..what I mean is..potentially pissing off Belichick and earning a suspension

Captain..can you find me a game..outside of this years opener(which we were breaking in Vince Wilfork in the middle) where Edge has had success against us since Seymours rookie year in 2001?

"Colts are loaded at DE, Seymour's officially listed position. In my opinion, they need help at DT. Stroud has a ton of potential, and is just as good as Seymour, but plays DT full time."

Seymour is just as dominant inside in the 4-3. Belichick prefers to use him on the edge.

Seymour is just as dominant inside in the 4-3. Belichick prefers to use him on the edge.

613488[/snapback]

I think it's funny you still haven't figured out how to use the "Quote" feature. :D

And playing on the edge improves his sack numbers. Stroud has been just as dominant from inside. From my perspective, playing both teams, Stroud is more disruptive. Seymour is no slouch! Personal opinion! I'll take Stroud over Seymour, you take Andre Johnson over Randy Moss.

Edited by CaptainHook

How can you predict something like that?

613504[/snapback]

You can't, but I don't think you'd find anyone who would say that Moss doesn't have a history of being a problem off the field (much like Glenn was). Granted, Moss has been much better for the bulk of the past 2 seasons, but AJ has never had an issue. To be honest, when I initially thought of WRs from a talent perspective who would be nice for the Pats I naturally thought of TO and Moss right off the bat - since they both have histories of being an off field distraction, I went with the guy who I thought was next in line as far as talented, large bodied receivers goes - AJ. The fact that he's an all-around class act sealed it for me.

Hey Mo the question was "which player would you want..."

why can't the good Captain want Stroud, whether you agree or not it's who the Captain wants.

I remember once in college I was told that my answer to an essay question that started out "In your opinion..." was wrong.

I told the professor that I thought that question must have been a freeby because I didn't realize that "My Opinion" could be wrong. The "facts" of my opinion might be wrong but my opinion was my opinion, how could I have gotten that questin wrong. Unless of course the Professor meant to word it as, "In the opinion of your Professor...".

That's kind of how this thread is starting to sound.

I think Balzac should have phrased it as such,

In Mo's Opinion who would you like to have on your team?

JRick you dumb***..you cant...what you can do is use his past behavioral problems and try to think some things through...Moss just wouldnt really fit in with this organization

"And playing on the edge improves his sack numbers. Stroud has been just as dominant from inside. From my perspective, playing both teams, Stroud is more disruptive. Seymour is no slouch! Personal opinion! I'll take Stroud over Seymour, you take Andre Johnson over Randy Moss."

yeah it should improve sack numbers..but hes not a natural or prototypical end...but Belichick uses him to his advantage because he is good enough to play out there..it helps playing against the run on the edge when you have him out there and allows Romeo Crennel to send a linebacker on passing downs....but hey we agree to disagree..its opinions...just debating thats all..I really could care less about using some quote feature..I have no problem quoting anyone

You can't, but I don't think you'd find anyone who would say that Moss doesn't have a history of being a problem off the field (much like Glenn was).  Granted, Moss has been much better for the bulk of the past 2 seasons, but AJ has never had an issue.  To be honest, when I initially thought of WRs from a talent perspective who would be nice for the Pats I naturally thought of TO and Moss right off the bat - since they both have histories of being an off field distraction, I went with the guy who I thought was next in line as far as talented, large bodied receivers goes - AJ.  The fact that he's an all-around class act sealed it for me.

613517[/snapback]

I have absolutely no problem with who you want on your team Balzac.

I just have a problem with Forever Sucking Mo Lewis's attitude toward other peoples choices.

JRick you dumb***..you cant...what you can do is use his past behavioral problems and try to think some things through...Moss just wouldnt really fit in with this organization

"And playing on the edge improves his sack numbers. Stroud has been just as dominant from inside. From my perspective, playing both teams, Stroud is more disruptive. Seymour is no slouch! Personal opinion! I'll take Stroud over Seymour, you take Andre Johnson over Randy Moss."

yeah it should improve sack numbers..but hes not a natural or prototypical end...but Belichick uses him to his advantage because he is good enough to play out there..it helps playing against the run on the edge when you have him out there and allows Romeo Crennel to send a linebacker on passing downs....but hey we agree to disagree..its opinions...just debating thats all..I really could care less about using some quote feature..I have no problem quoting anyone

613523[/snapback]

Hey Forever Sucking Mo Lewis, you seem to be missing the point. No one ever f-ing asked you what you thought.

This thread was intended for people to express who they wanted on their team. Regardless of whether or not anyone else agreed.

And I'd bet a years salary that if given the chance the Patriot's Organization would sign and play Randy Moss so fast your f-ing head would spin.

And within 2 games jacka$$ses like yourself who have been bad mouthing him would be singing his f-ing praises for being the highest scoring NE player in FF.

As I said earlier Dallas has soooo many needs that I'm not sure that any ONE player would fix anything ... although I think Big Ben would be a big step in that direction. The problem with getting a Big Ben in here is that without a line to protect him and without WRs to throw to and without a defense to stop the other team ... I'm not sure it would accomplish a whole lot.

As I said earlier Dallas has soooo many needs that I'm not sure that any ONE player would fix anything ... although I think Big Ben would be a big step in that direction.  The problem with getting a Big Ben in here is that without a line to protect him and without WRs to throw to and without a defense to stop the other team ... I'm not sure it would accomplish a whole lot.

613539[/snapback]

Mr. Grits & Shins I really hate to have to repeat myself but I feel strongly about this so I am going to...

TONY ROMO is the answer to our QB problems.

I have absolutely no problem with who you want on your team Balzac.

I just have a problem with Forever Sucking Mo Lewis's attitude toward other peoples choices.

613525[/snapback]

Never thought there was a problem - just dropping my opinion in every once and a while. Moss is better than any WR the Pats have ever had, no doubt - I just dig AJ's attitude and I happen to think that he could be every bit as good as Moss in a year or two.

J Rick..you seem to be missing my point as well...I seemed to think that maybe another player(at the same position) would be better off for someone elses team. I didnt know I wasnt allowed to express my opinion and give reasons as to why. again, didnt know debating was illegal here

second

ask anyone who really knows about the Patriots organization(maybe you know someone personally) and ask them if they think the Patriots would jump at the chance to sign Randy Moss...then read Patriot Reign...then come back and talk to me....I personally have no problems with him..great player and he entertains me

Mr. Grits & Shins I really hate to have to repeat myself but I feel strongly about this so I am going to...

TONY ROMO is the answer to our QB problems.

613542[/snapback]

And what exactly makes you think that? All the times we've seen him come in when we were getting killed or in mop up duty?

Ed Reed to the Colts.

613562[/snapback]

I think currently injured safety Bob Sanders will be in the same mold. I thought about Reed, but Sanders is very, very, very promising. . .

Edited by CaptainHook