[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 15

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to be the first poster. I've never had the "honor" of doing so. 2 bits of advice needed:

1. How can we get rid of Ugly Tuna?

2. How can we get rid of whining newbies?

Thanks Hugh!

Edited by Monsters Of The Midway

Hugh, I really need your help this week...

1st round of the playoffs on the line for me!

Which 2 QBs should I start?

Plummer @ KC

Brady @ MIA

Hamburgler @ NYG

McClown v STL

Boller @ Indy

Another quesrion if you dont mind- should I start C. Johnson (v Buffalo), Jimmy Smith @ GB, or Galloway v NO?

You da man Hugh, any input you have would bre great! :D

G Dawg

Need help at WR

I've got C.Johnson,J. Walker,Lee Evans, and Chris Chambers (Ronald Curry was my other wr until the achilles' blew out).

CJ for sure, then Evans and Walker? (T.J. Housh.... is still avail. Is he worth picking up for the week)?

Thanks

Solo

OK Hugh, I got a hugh matchup this week with a RB dillema. Our league rewards double(12) points for non-traditional TDs ie RB receives a TD. We start 2 RBs with .1 per yd and 2point bonus per 20 yds on a TD, ie 20 yd TD run would be 8 points. Got it? OK, pick 2:

Dunn v CAR

J.J. @ PHI

O. Smith @ DET

J. Bettis @ NYG

Right now, believe it or not, I have Dunn and Onterrio. J.J. is a stud I know, but if Philly gets up early... Plus, with Duckett out, I think Dunn could have a big game. Watcha think?

Alright well at least I'm still alive in one league. Not for big money but bragging rights sure are nice. I didn't really "manage" my team too well this season, but somehow came out 11-3 and with the three-seed entering the playoffs, which start this coming weekend. I won't mince words: my WRs stink, aside from TO. I will probably be competitive with him and my stud RBs... but want every opportunity at scoring big. So here's what I got... need to fill 2 more WR slots, and one RB/WR flex spot.

WRs:

Burleson @ Det (return yards/TDs do not count)

Rice @ NYJ (terrible matchup)

Branch @ Mia (decent matchup w/ Givens out?)

Roy Williams vs. Min (pretty solid matchup... wake up!)

Boldin vs. STL (coming off a great game... great matchup here)

RBs:

S. Jackson @ Ari (great matchup, but will he be healthy?)

T. Bell @ KC (not gonna happen, bummer)

A. Smith @ Oak (Brown's glass toe)

I typically say plug a RB in a RB/WR flex spot, but my options aren't that great at RB, unless Jackson heals and is the starter. At present moment, I'm going with Boldin and Branchat the WR spots and deciding on Williams or Burleson or perhaps Jackson (if healthy and starting) at the flex.

Thoughts? As always, I appreciate your input.

I need to start 2 of the following 5. I have 1 RB spot open and a flex. I have the Denver and Titans RB combos. This a performance scoring with 1pt per reception.

Bonus at 100yds and for long TDs

Bell, Droughns, Brown, A.Smith and Driver.

You know the drill...

McGahee @ Cincy

J Jones @ Philly

Westbrook vs. Dallas

L Johnson vs. Den

K Jones vs. Minnie.

I am ranking them right now as:

L Johnson

K Jones

McGahee

J Jones

B westbrook

But it seems like a heck of a log jam. I love what I have been seeing from LJ, and he gets the start this week.. Frankly, while others seems to get discouraged that it is against Denver, I don't think it matters. The KC line is just so good, and he's showing great speed and vision. K Jones plays the rest of the way. No more doubting. The Westbrook/Jones match-up is tough...I am not excited about either's chances, but McGahee should knife through thatt Bengals front pretty well.

What think you?

I just wanted to be the first poster.  I've never had the "honor" of doing so.  2 bits of advice needed:

1. How can we get rid of Ugly Tuna?

2. How can we get rid of whining newbies?

Thanks Hugh!

612868[/snapback]

I think both will eventually disappear. Problem is that there are dozens of new ones waiting in the wings. :D

Hugh, I really need your help this week...

1st round of the playoffs on the line for me!

Which 2 QBs should I start?

Plummer @ KC

Brady @ MIA

Hamburgler @ NYG

McClown v STL

Boller @ Indy

Another quesrion if you dont mind- should I start C. Johnson (v Buffalo), Jimmy Smith @ GB, or Galloway v NO?

You da man Hugh, any input you have would bre great!  :D

G Dawg

612878[/snapback]

Believe me when I tell you that this is difficult for me to say, but I'd start Plummer. Your only other viable option is Brady, but with the tough Miami secondary and week rushing defense, I can't see Brady doing much.

Tough call at WR. I think I'd give the nod to CJ at home.

Need help at WR

I've got C.Johnson,J. Walker,Lee Evans, and Chris Chambers (Ronald Curry was my other wr until the achilles' blew out).

CJ for sure, then Evans and Walker? (T.J. Housh.... is still avail. Is he worth picking up for the week)?

Thanks

Solo

612879[/snapback]

Tough call. You're right about CJ, and that would incline me not to start TJ, which would leave me deciding between Evans and Walker. Evans has been hot, that's for sure, but I don't think I trust the rookie enough to start him over Javon.

Tough call. You're right about CJ, and that would incline me not to start TJ, which would leave me deciding between Evans and Walker. Evans has been hot, that's for sure, but I don't think I trust the rookie enough to start him over Javon.

613007[/snapback]

That's how I've felt all week. ***, now i'm in the same ole position. Maybe Chambers on MNF as recommended by a couple others. :D

Solo

OK Hugh, I got a hugh matchup this week with a RB dillema.  Our league rewards double(12) points for non-traditional TDs ie RB receives a TD.  We start 2 RBs with .1 per yd and 2point bonus per 20 yds on a TD, ie 20 yd TD run would be 8 points.  Got it?  OK, pick 2:

Dunn v CAR

J.J. @ PHI

O. Smith @ DET

J. Bettis @ NYG 

Right now, believe it or not, I have Dunn and Onterrio.  J.J. is a stud I know, but if Philly gets up early...  Plus, with Duckett out, I think Dunn could have a big game.  Watcha think?

612880[/snapback]

I don't bench Julius. He's one of the hottest RB's in the league, and he's getting a boat load of touches. Even if they fall behind, Parcells won't abandon the run. With the extra points for REC's, both Dunn and Onterrio are nice options. I'd play Onterrio. Carolina has been playing MUCH better defensively, and I expect the Vikes to bounce back and trounce the Lions.

Fairly standard 12 team performance league. WRs get 1 point per reception in addition to their yardage and TDs. This is the big week, round 2 of the playoffs. If I win this week it's likely I will win the SB ... if the other guy wins it's likely he will win the SB. His team has outscored mine 9 of 14 weeks this year so I really need to try and maximize my output.

I have to choose 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR from the following (I could go 1 RB, 4 WR ... but would you really?).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quarterback: Brian Griese comes off his best game of the year, throwing for 392 yards and three scores against the Chargers. He's scored in every game that he's started and two of the last three games have been over 340 passing yards. Griese threw for 194 yards and one score in the last meeting against the Saints. This was the game when Griese stepped in for the injured Chris Simms and together they had 262 passing yards.

Quarterback: Brett Favre was red hot for most of the year but the last two games he's only managed one touchdown and not exceeded 188 passing yards. While the game in Philadelphia was not a shock to give him problems, the home tilt against the Lions only continued his struggles against a much lesser team. This is Favre's final home game this season and it comes against an opponent tougher than Detroit.

Running Backs: Willis McGahee is proving to be a very shrewd draft pick last year. He comes off a 105 yard, two touchdown game against the Browns and has six 100 yard efforts in the last nine games with nine scores on the season. McGahee is a lock to get at least 24 carries this week and could top 30 totes in an effort to keep the Bengals from catching up. McGahee has two 30+ carry games already this season.

Running Backs: Julius Jones fell off from his torrid pace of the previous two weeks, but he still turned in 88 yards on 23 carries with one touchdown last week against the Saints. Along with the rest of the offense, it was a disappointment. In the previous game against the Eagles this season, Anderson and George combined for only 67 rushing yards on 17 carries and George scored on touchdown.

Running Backs: Onterrio Smith continues to be the primary back and had 14 runs for 56 yards and one score last week with 41 yards coming on four receptions. Michael Bennett was given five carries and ran for 25 yards. Smith will continue as the primary back and needs to improve since the Vikings did not run very well in the last meeting against the Lions. Michael Bennett only had 30 yards while Smith had 27 yards and Moe Williams scored once while only gaining 15 yards in the game.

Running Backs: Edgerrin James doesn't score much anymore - he only has three touchdowns in the last eight games and two of those were in the same game. But he's still a great yardage guy. He's never failed to get at least 100 total yards in any game this season and has four straight games of 100 yards going now.

Wide Receivers: Joey Galloway and Michael Clayton have teamed up for a nice duo lately. Galloway has scores in both his last games and at least 63 yards in each. Clayton comes off the best game of his young career when he logged nine catches for 145 yards and one score against the Chargers. He only has four touchdowns on the season but has been rock solid staying over 60 receiving yards in almost every week. Joe Jurevicius has disappeared lately, only catching two passes for 33 yards last week and none the week before that. Back in the previous meeting with New Orleans, the Bucs were still using Charles Lee who had 76 yards on four catches while Michael Clayton totaled 61 yards on four receptions with neither wideout scoring

Wide Receivers: Jimmy Smith comes off an 85 yard, six catch game against the Bears with one touchdown but that's been his best game in the last month and his only score. Even against the Vikings, Smith only managed 68 yards on four catches. Leftwich is spreading the ball around well enough to water down what individual receivers can do. Last week added yet another receiver to the equation. The rookie Reggie Williams had four catches and his first NFL touchdown. Troy Edwards had a nice game against the Steelers in week 13 but went back to only 30 yards last week.

Wide Receivers: The lone positive from last week was that Anquan Boldin had nine catches for 109 yards though he still has yet to score a touchdown this season. Larry Fitzgerald only had 47 yards on four catches and the addition of Boldin to the roster didn't serve to free him up. Evidently it just sucked away his production since Fitzgerald has not done anything since week 11.

Wide Receivers: T.J. Houshmandzadeh has been one of the hottest wideouts in the NFL over the last three weeks and in two games against NE and BAL had 22 catches for 316 yards and one touchdown. Chad Johnson has scored in each of the last four games while never falling below 80 yards in any of those matchups. Palmer has established nice chemistry with this duo and even Kelley Washington has been a contributor. He only has a high of 47 yards in the last three games but has scored in each one. The passing attack with Palmer has been top notch lately and the wideouts are the main beneficiaries.

Wide Receivers: Drew Bennett comes off a game for the ages when he had 12 catches for 233 yards and three scores and was literally exhausted by the fourth quarter (not to mention very heavily covered). That gives Bennett six scores and 357 yards in the last two games. He only had two touchdowns in the previous twelve weeks but there is no chance we will remember that next summer. Derrick Mason scored once last week and has touchdowns in four of the last five games. He turned his ankle but remained in the game though was very limited. Barring later practice information, the assumption is that he plays this week with some residual effects from the ankle sprain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huddle projections in blue below:

BFavre vs JAC ~ 220 yards, 2 TDs

BGriese vs NO ~ 250 yards, 2 TDs

Favre has not got the job done the last 2 weeks but I have managed to win anyway. I can't see how I will NOT play Griese this week. Do you concur? Although I am a little concerned that TBB will run the ball and Griese's numbers will be down AND Favre often finds ways to play well against the good defenses.

EJames vs BAL ~ 130 combined yards, no TDs

WMcGahee @ CIN ~ 140 combined yards, 2 TDs

JJones @ PHI ~ 100 combined yards, 1 TDs

OSmith @ DET ~ 120 combined yards, no TDs

WMcGahee is the no brainer IMO ... I can't possibly take him out of the lineup, right? After that it's tough. I'm tempted by OSmith ... but I just don't know if I can trust the up and down Minnesota offense and I don't know if I can trust Tice to run O. I am afraid that Philly gets up early on Dallas and Richie is on the field more than Julius because Dallas is out of the running game. And Edge gets Baltimore, plus he doesn't score TDs. I am really wrestling with this choice. First I was going with O ... then I decided he doesn't get enough touches and I don't like the Minnesota backfield. Then it was James because maybe Baltimore will be more worried about stopping the pass and James will benefit. Then it was Jones because it's likely he will get 25 to 30 touches. I am at a loss here.

MClayton vs NO ~ 100 yards, 1 TD

JSmith @ GB ~ 100 yards, 1 TD

ABoldin vs STL ~ 100 yards, 1 TD

TJ Houshmandezadeh vs BUF ~ 90 yards, 1 TD

DMason @ OAK ~ 60 yards, no TDs

Okay I'm thinking I'll bench Mason because of his gimpy ankle. I can't really bench Clayton, he's on fire right now.

I like Jimmy Smith against GB ... but Lefty is spreading the ball around AND what if the weather is a factor? How will Lefty fair in the cold?

Boldin seems to be coming on and caught 9 balls last week.

The last 3 weeks TJ has been the best in the league.

So if I start Clayton I have to pick 2 more from JSmith, Boldin and TJ.

I'm thinking I'll bench TJ and Mason ... do you concur?

That's how I've felt all week.  ***, now i'm in the same ole position. Maybe Chambers on MNF as recommended by a couple others. :D

Solo

613017[/snapback]

:D Don't start Chambers. 37 yards and a TD in their first meeting. The Pats will shut down a horrendous Dolphins offense on MNF. 5 for 47 and 0 TD's last week. FWIW, I think Chambers is a very good WR, but playing for the Dolphins is killing him.

Thinking about picking up Galloway.

I have been starting Pinkston latley and he's been good, not great.

E. parker is certinly turning it on latley and with K.mac hurt should see a good amount of looks this week again.

who would you start/pickup?

Parker, Galloway or Pinkston?

Team 2 on sig.

Hugh One- first rd. of playoffs- need some QB,WR advice

QB-Need 1

lost Bulger- have 3 to choose from for week 15---

Bledsoe @Cin

Collins vs. Tenn

Palmer vs. Buff- or possible grabbing Kitna late if Palmer can't go-

WR- need to play 2 of these-

Burleson @ Det.

L.Fitz vs. Stl.

TJ Housh vs. Buff---

Galloway vs. NO-- not a pretty group I know--

thanks in advance---

W

pass- 50yd=1,TD=6,Int=-2

rec- 25yd=1,every 3 catches=1,TD=6

I love when I get to this before the post number hits 400. I appreciate your time with this especially since people have taken care of the only other person you could count on for input. :D

I need two RBs from Julius Jones @ Phil; Portis @ SF; Dunn v CAR; O Smith @ DET

Portis is in so Jones(hot hand, bad matchup), Dunn(Cool hand ok matchup) as a number 2. Pretty sure Smith sits but Bell is available on WW and may play @KC. Which two would you start?

Also I have a DST problem. I have BALT, who even though is my stud D I don't think ASYS applies when they face Manning at home 2 tds shy of a record. And its the ESPN Sunday Night game. Indy is a good scoring DST but Balt has turned their O around a bit. Should a pick-up ARI v STL and hope for sacks and TOs or take MINN @ Det and hope for the same? Or should I sit tight?

Alright well at least I'm still alive in one league. Not for big money but bragging rights sure are nice. I didn't really "manage" my team too well this season, but somehow came out 11-3 and with the three-seed entering the playoffs, which start this coming weekend. I won't mince words: my WRs stink, aside from TO. I will probably be competitive with him and my stud RBs... but want every opportunity at scoring big. So here's what I got... need to fill 2 more WR slots, and one RB/WR flex spot.

WRs:

Burleson @ Det (return yards/TDs do not count)

Rice @ NYJ (terrible matchup)

Branch @ Mia (decent matchup w/ Givens out?)

Roy Williams vs. Min (pretty solid matchup... wake up!)

Boldin vs. STL (coming off a great game... great matchup here)

RBs:

S. Jackson @ Ari (great matchup, but will he be healthy?)

T. Bell @ KC (not gonna happen, bummer)

A. Smith @ Oak (Brown's glass toe)

I typically say plug a RB in a RB/WR flex spot, but my options aren't that great at RB, unless Jackson heals and is the starter. At present moment, I'm going with Boldin and Branchat the WR spots and deciding on Williams or Burleson or perhaps Jackson (if healthy and starting) at the flex.

Thoughts?  As always, I appreciate your input.

612884[/snapback]

Yep, it's a bit of a cluster you know what.

Here's some comments: Boldin is a must start. Getting better with each and every game, and a great matchup. No-brainer here. I think Jackson is also a no-brainer here depending on how the health pans out, because he has a great matchup. I don't like Branch because of a tough Miami secondary and week rush defense and too many options. Rice isn't a good option either. So, Burleson or Williams? Tough. Williams hasn't done dick in a long time, and I think the Vikes bounce back against the Lions. Go Burleson. Boldin, Jackson and Burleson.

Thanks for all your help this year. Now to the questions...

Please choose 2 as flex positions:

H. Ward

O. Smith

E. Kennison

D. Staley

T. Bell ( I guess only an option if Droughns is out)

I currently have James and Droughns as my RB's and Clayton, Djax, and CJ as my WR's (

If Droughns is not starting, I will take him out of my starting RB position, would you insert Bell in his place or one of the others mentioned above?)

Thanks again Hugh!