[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 15

Hugh 0ne

Thanks Hugh.

Buffalo D VS Cincy on the road

or

Bears D at home against Houston

or

San Diego at Cleveland?

Adding Performance league.

613057[/snapback]

Defenses are tough. Buffalo is the best defense, 3rd in yardage and 8th in points against, but I just can't bench San Diego, also a good defense, against the Browns who managed less than 100 yards in offense last week and have 2 hurt QB's. Start the San Diego Super Chargers.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your help this year. Now to the questions...

Please choose 2 as flex positions:

H. Ward

O. Smith

E. Kennison

D. Staley

T. Bell ( I guess only an option if Droughns is out)

I currently have James and Droughns as my RB's and Clayton, Djax, and CJ as my WR's (

If Droughns is not starting, I will take him out of my starting RB position, would you insert Bell in his place or one of the others mentioned above?)

Thanks again Hugh!

613062[/snapback]

Predictably, the Denver RB situation has become one giant clusterf*ck. Pardon my language. If, for some reason, it looks like Bell will start and Droughns is out, the matchup would be nice and Bell should get the start. This scenario is unlikely in my opinion.

So, instead, I'd start Onterrio for sure. Don't like Kennison as he should see Champ Bailey, and don't like Staley because he's in a RBBC. Not a fan of Ward because Burress is likely out again, but against the Giants he's a good option. Hope Burress suits up and start Ward and Onterrio.

Another WDIS at QB and WR--

T. Green vs. Denver  or J. Kitna vs. Buffalo (assuming he starts)--

Normally would go with red hot Trent Green, but the Cincy offense has been smoking lately. 

1 pt. per 25 pass yds, 4 pts. per pass TD, 0 pts per INT

J. Morton vs.  Den, J. Galloway vs. NO, or Roy Williams vs. MIN

1 pt. per 10 yards Rec. 6 pts per TD

Thanks for your help!!!

613073[/snapback]

Denver pass D: 188 YPG, 12 TD's

Buffalo pass D: 176 YPG, 18 TD's

If Kitna goes, start him. He has the weapons and they Bengals have been lighting it up through the air.

Play the matchup and play Galloway.

Im in a tough spot, I could use advise this week. (I guess i could always use it, just willing to admit it today.)

QB: Vick v CAR, Lefty V GB, Carr (leaning towards Lefty)

Im pretty stuck w/ my RB: Jlew and whoever starts for STL

And at WR: (can start 3) AJohnson, JHorn, JWitten, KColbert

Standard scoring, 1 for 10 ryd w/ 6 for TD and 1 for 20 pyd w/ 3 for TD

You disagree w/ anything?

Thanks.

613086[/snapback]

Gotta go with Lefty here. The Packers secondary is horrendous. Hope the weather isn't a major factor and start Leftwich. Vick is just too unpredicatble, and that Carolina team is hot and playing well on both sides of the ball.

Well, I think Horn is your must start. I know Andre Johnson hasn't been great, but neither Witten or Colbert have great matchups, and they certainly aren't primary targets. Hope Carr gets his head out of his ass and start Johnson along with Horn.

Oops, misread the question. Start 3. So bench Witten.

hey hugh...your thoughts on this WDIS please!

at RB I have S. Alexander/ Deuce/ F. Taylor. I need to start 2. Scoring:

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 126+ ReYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 150+ ReYd

Recpt - Reception 3 points

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuAtt - Rushing Attempt 1 point

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 126+ RuYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 150+ RuYd

My opponent couldn't have 2 better mathcups with LT2 vs. Clev and McGahee vs. Cincy...so there is little room for error on my part! I feel like I have to stick with Alexander so I guess it comes down to Deuce vs. TB or Taylor vs. GB. I think taylor may have the better matchup but the weather plays a factor...Im rambling at this point so I'll defer to your expertise!!!!

Thanks

Hey Hugh. Been a heck of a week in the Fantasy Advice Section, huh? glad you haven't left also.

I actually have two different leagues that I need help in this week. They are both standard scoring (1 point per 25 Pass, 1 point per 10 yards Rush/Rec, 6 points per TD)

The first one is a QB dilemma. Griese (playing NO) vs. Hasselbeck (playing NYJ). I originally thought Hasselbeck, even though he is going against a tough Jets D. He has been on a roll lately and my opponent has Darrell Jackson. The later is just a bonus. On the other hand, Griese has a benficial matchup against a porous D. What do you think?

The other league has me confused on whether to play Dunn (against CAR) or Taylor (against GB) to go along with Ahman Green and Willis McGahee.  I want to play Dunn, especially because of Duckett's absence and at home in Atlanta. However, Taylor is supposed to be getting more carries and has the potential to do well against Green Bay yardage wise. The only thing that scares me about Taylor is that he plays worse away and the weather in Green Bay could be a factor. Which do you like better? If you don't like either, I guess I can start Bennett instead, but I don't trust him.

And like always, thanks a bunch for your advise; it is always appreciated.

613090[/snapback]

I would ABSOLUTELY start Griese over Hasselbeck.

I would start Taylor. He's been getting a lot of touches. Green Bay is slightly better against the run than Carolina, but the Panthers have been playing much better lately. I think Taylor is a much better option than Dunn.

Playoffs baby!  Hugh One, you helped me get here, now I'd appreciate it if you could help me close it out (but of course I won't hold any recommendations against you, obviously).

I'm planning to start Griese over Brady -- I'm pretty sure you'll agree, but please let me know.  Also, I'm gonna start Owens, Moss, and Houshmandzadeh.  I hope that's a good idea.  Housh has been hot.

My main question is my RBs.  I'm planning to start Onterrio and Chris Brown, but I hate only getting 1/2 game from Brown.  But Tiki hasn't done anything lately and is playing PIT this week, so I think I gotta stick with Onterrio and Brown.  Which two would you go with?  (Their matchups are: Onterrio @ DET, Brown @ OAK, Tiki v. PIT.)  Thanks!!

613091[/snapback]

You got it right on all the counts. At RB, I think a half of Brown will probably be better than a full game of Tiki against the Steelers. Pittsburgh's defense should have a field day.

QB is a no brainer, and I agree with start TJ over Branch.

Good luck. :D

Hugh, thanks for your help this year. My first playoff game is this week. Please help....

Which 2 RB's should I go with?

C Portis vs SF (can I trust him for 1 more week?)

R Droughns vs KC

J Jones vs Phil

C Brown (can't trust him)

O Smith vs Detroit

N Goings vs Atlanta

Also, Should I play Drew Brees or Brett Favre?

Thanks again!

Edited by cowboy

Hi Hugh.

I've got some issues at WR.  Right now I have Mason, J. Morton and Roy Williams on my roster.  I've been starting Mason and Morton.  Mason is injured, Morton has been hit and miss and Williams hasn't done anything in weeks.  T.  Houshmandzadeh (vs Bills) and Galloway (vs Saints) are available on the WW.  I'm thinking of picking up  Houshmandzadeh and starting him in place of Mason (I don't think I can take a chance playing him with this being the play-offs).  I'm thinking of picking up Galloway  and starting him in place of Morton (vs Broncos).  Whatta think?  I really don't want to drop any RB's to pick these guys up.  What two WR's should I drop?  I would drop Morton for sure.  Does Williams have any value the next two weeks?  So I guess the question is, who do you like out of  Houshmandzadeh, Mason, Galloway and Morton the next two weeks? 

Thanks Hugh.

613092[/snapback]

Well, I like your thinking, but if Mason plays, and it doesn't look like the ankle is a major problem, I'd keep him in the lineup. I think both TJ and Galloway are better options than Morton, but I think I'd opt for Galloway because they're paying the Saints.

Forget Williams. He rides pine until Harrington learns how to become a QB again or McMahon replaces Harrington.

Hi again Hugh! I made a great 14 week stretch of picking the correct QB out of Delhomme, Vick, Griese..., but I screwed up last week when it meant the most, and went with Vick for a horrible 10 points. Luckily I held on to win by 4 points and moved on in the playoffs.

I am in deeper poop this week though with my RB's banged up and confused.

First: QB

Delhomme

Vick

Griese

Leaning very hard toward Griese

Second: RB

JLewis or CTaylor @ Indy (decent matchup and Lewis just owes me! doesn't he?)

CBrown or ASmith @ Oakland (great matchup, but for only a half) Brown owes me too Dammit!

DBlaylock vs Denver (half a back at best)

Wgreen vs SD (Yikes!)

MMoore (does he even dress any more?)

Also, I'm very worried about Eddie Kennison this week (If Champ matches up against him) The only guys I can get my hands on are Quincy Morgan or Troy Walters if Stokley is out. - would you start either of them over Eddie?

I think I know who to go with , but I'm just screwed. Please find a way to build my confidence in these guys. Thanks very much for your help this year. Let's get me to the Super Bowl next weekend!

Edited by Dickerson

Hey Hugh,

Thanks for the advice, but now there's a new possible starting QB for me (to go along with...gulp...Plummer): I picked up Kitna. I saw you recommended him, do you see him doing that much against Buffalo? Also if he goes and I start him, should I also start Chad Johnson?

Sorry to be a pain, I appreciate all your hard work!

Gdawg

I need to start 3 of the following players:

WR - J. Smith @ G.B.

WR - R. Smith @ K.C.

WR - B. Stokley vs. Bal.

WR - A. Johnson @ Chi.

RB - R. Johnson vs. Buf.

RB - C. Brown @ Oak.

relevant League scoring:

1 pt per 10 total yards for RB & WRs

3 point bonus for over 150 total yards (RBs only)

1pt per reception (WRs only)

Thanks Hugh!

613107[/snapback]

Jimmy Smith - MUST START - just hope there's no blizzard in GB

Rod Smith - I think you start ANY and ALL WR's going against KC.

Stokley - banged up, tough matchup, bench him

A. Johnson - as cold as the other side of the pillow. Bench please.

R. Johnson - Very tough matchup. Not a bad option, and depending on what happens with C. Brown, he'd be next in line.

C. Brown - If he starts, start him. If he doesn't, start Rudi.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Curtis @ Seahawks

Dom @ Bears

Larry @ Broncos

Thanks Hugh.

613113[/snapback]

Dom. I know how good LJ has looked, and it looks like Blaylock is out, but to me he is still unproven and you have other, very good options. CuMar shold do well, but he's slowed significantly the last 5 games, so maybe his old legs are getting tired.

I think all 3 should do well, but I would start Domanick Davis.

Ok, one more time but not the usual question.  I am starting Mcnabb over Favre without question.  Of the remaining slot for RB I have either Dunn or S. Jackson.  For defense I have ARZ vs STL or Houston vs. Chicago.  I think I will start Dunn and the Texans D.  Do you have any other thoughts?

613182[/snapback]

I think you've got it right. On all three counts.

HUGH DOG,

It’s playoff time and I could use your two cents.

RB (for flex … pick one)

J. Jones (away @ Eagles)

N. Goings (away @ Falcons)

WRs (start two):

Holt (away @ Cardinals)

Stokley (home vs. Ravens)

Housh (home vs. Bills)

Burleson (away vs. Lions)

DEF (pick one)

Philly

Chargers

SCORING

A Yahoo league with points for TDs and yardage.

MY THOUGHTS

Holt and Housh at WR and Chargers DEF against the Browns. I scored huge in another league last week with the Bills vs. Browns. Do I go to the well twice?

Thanks for all the help!!!

613188[/snapback]

Julius Jones. Just hope the Boys don't get blown out and abandon the run.

I stay away from Stokley because of the injury and the tough matchup. You have to start Holt, even with Chandler throwing. I think TJ is a better opton than Burleson.

I start SD. They're playing an offense that is in shambles.

Hugh,

A few tough choices this week.

Your favorite question: Plummer @ KC or Breese @ Clev.

I have RMoss and Clayton starting at WR, need one more:

RWilliams vs Minn. -  Lions passing attack horrible, but so is Minn pass D

Plax @ Giants - If he is healthy enough to go, will Ben throw it?

Burelson @ Det. - 2 WR, same team tough one.

Crumpler vs Carolina - cooled off some and is a TE.

Also, Bears (vs Hou.) or Redskins (@ SF) D this week.

Thanks as always.

613210[/snapback]

So difficult. As you know, I am not a Plummer fan. And Brees has slowed a bit, and Cleveland's pass defense is not horrible.

But even I can't pass up on this:

KC pass defense: 270 YPG, 27 TD's.

CLE pass defense: 196 YPG, 14 TD's.

You just can't pass that up. And while I refuse to flat out say it, I think you know who I'd start. :D

Ugly last WR option. Burress might not play, but if he goes and is healthy, he has a nice matchup, but only if he's really close to 100 percent.

Forget Roy, forget Crumpler, leaves you with Burleson.

Washington has a VERY good defense. San Fran is a very bad team. Do the math. Start the Redskins.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

hey hugh...need help sorting out my RBs if ya don't mind.

i need 3....scoring in sig.

mcgahee @CIN

pittman vs NO

james vs BAL

a. green vs JAX

c. taylor @IND

t. bell @KC

they're pretty much ranked in order of how i like em....pittman and mcgahee seem pretty obvious....but what do you think about my third? with all the attention this week on manning, do you think james can sneak in there and have a solid game against a great defense? your thoughts on these guys? 'preciate it...

Edited to add a flex question as well, if you don't mind....thanks

Gonzo vs DEN

or

E. Parker @CLE

thanks in advance :D

613234[/snapback]

I agree. Pittman and McGahee are the no-brainers. Edge has a tough matchup. Green has been average. Taylor is probably a non-factor with Lewis likely to be back. Bell would be a nice option, but ONLY if Droughns doesn't go, and that is not likely.

So I think you have the right 3.

And start Gonzo. He's been very consistent.

Good luck. :D

Hi Hugh....

I am debating which QB to start this week from my QBBC bunch....

Leftwich vs Green Bay - Bad defense for Green Bay...but they are talking 8 degrees and high winds...kind of like last week, but worse...I'll be there in person freezing my butt off. I don't think they expect snow, just cold.

or

Brady versus Miami - Not liking what he did against them last time

or

go to the waiver wire and pick up either Griese, Kitna or Volek

I also need to pick 2 WR's......

Horn versus Tampa Bay - Tough defense

Walker versus Jacksonville - Tough defense and maybe bad weather

Lelie versus KC - Good matchup...but will Plummer be on..

J. Smith versus Green Bay - Weather issues once again and Lefty's been spreading the ball.

I was leaning towards Horn and Lelie....

I appreciate your input and advice Hugh!!

Hey Hugh, Thanks in Advance.

First week of the playoffs, I don't seem to have any 100% RB's except JJ who has a pretty tough matchup against Philly.

Here we go, I need two:

Droughns vs. KC - like the matchup but he doesn't seem to have much confidence anymore

JJ vs. Philly - Has been on fire, but tough matchup

Lewis vs. Indy - Getting healthier will probably start. Balt. will probably run, run and run some more to keep the Indy O off of the field.

Brown vs. Oak - Another good matchup but Brown can't seem to play a full game.

Looks like JJ is the definite, although I am not so confident with that matchup. I really can't seem to decide between Droughns and Lewis although I am kind of leaning towards Droughns.

I posted a WDIS about this yesterday, at the time I was leaning towards JJ and Lewis after the responses I have pretty much decided JJ for sure and am now questioning between Lewis and Droughns. Thanks again Hugh!

looks like you got a lot on your plate Hugh, I hope you can get to this:

Ok, first playoff game, need soem serious advice:

WR: Clayton or Stokley. May be a non-question if Stokley is injured, but who do you like if he's healthy (he'll be playing his old team, BAL)

RB: lots of confusion: I got Larry Johnson (Looks good and Blaylock looks out); Chris Brown (if he can ever finish a game); Nick Goings (no longer has a nice matchup);and Droughns and Bell (probably gotta be Droughns, but Bell has me worried)

I'm thinking Johnson and Droughns, but I'm worried about Brown because if he doesn't play much I don't have another afternoon RB to sub in.

finally, should this be the first week I don't start the Baltimore Defense? (I could pick up the Washington D (vs. 49ers), AZD (Vs. Chris Chandler) or Hou (vs Chi)

thanks for the advice.