[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scoring in Last's Weeks Game

melrich

4 teams make our playoffs. As of Wednesday, Team A finished in 4th place because he outscored Team B by 1 point in year-to-date total points scored. Today when I went to our league site, there was a 1 point scoring change and now Team B is in 4th place and in the playoffs.

Anyone know which players or defense had their score changed yesterday or today? Anyone impacted.....what are the odds of this happening. Team A isn't a happy camper but he's the most obnoxious owner in our league so not too many people are showing him sympathy!!

You could narrow it down a skosh by communicating the players on the adjusted roster so that we might better be able to help you with your dilema.

On the rules front, you should clearly state when a fantasy game officially becomes finalized officially.... meaning of course that changes to NFL stats will no longer be reflected in the FF scores in your league, and by extrapolation, that the winners of your games cannot change after a certain point in time.

I hope my clearly verbiaged eloquent message is able to help you with your query.

:D

Doubt this was it (esp since CBS Sportsline hasn't changed it), but what about the fake field goal by the Bengals for a TD? It's carried as an offensive TD, but isn't that BS? The holder (the punter) reads the DEF and makes the change all by himself and runs in a TD. How is that an Offensive TD?

It's not a big deal ('cuz no one has Cincy DEF in our league), but I still say that is the wrong scoring.

Doubt this was it (esp since CBS Sportsline hasn't changed it), but what about the fake field goal by the Bengals for a TD?  It's carried as an offensive TD, but isn't that BS?  The holder (the punter) reads the DEF and makes the change all by himself and runs in a TD.  How is that an Offensive TD?

It's not a big deal ('cuz no one has Cincy DEF in our league), but I still say that is the wrong scoring.

614957[/snapback]

I don't see that as a defensive TD. You do? :D

A rushing or passing play is a regular offensive play irregardless of personnel or formation on the field. Whether by design or not, the play turned into a regular offensive play, as by rule, a kick must be attempted in order for their to be a special teams play.

In this case, no kick was attempted, so the holder is credited with a rushing attempt and the rushing yards, all by definition something that only the offensive team can be credited for.

You could narrow it down a skosh by communicating the players on the adjusted roster so that we might better be able to help you with your dilema.

On the rules front, you should clearly state when a fantasy game officially becomes finalized officially.... meaning of course that changes to NFL stats will no longer be reflected in the FF scores in your league, and by extrapolation, that the winners of your games cannot change after a certain point in time.

I hope my clearly verbiaged eloquent message is able to help you with your query.

:D

614912[/snapback]

Very eloquently put.....however....turns out it's Keyshawn Johnson...originally he was given credit for 50yds. receiving and he threw an interception. In our league that's 5 pts. for rec. yds. and minus one for the INT. Seems they changed his yardage to 45yds. However, NFL.com lists him still at 50yds.

PLEASE POST A MESSAGE GIVING ME THE STATS KEYSHAWN "OFFICIALLY" HAD IN YOUR LEAGUE. I'VE SEEN BOTH 50YDS AND 45YDS AT VARIOUS SITES. VERY STRANGE.

Very eloquently put.....however....turns out it's Keyshawn Johnson...originally he was given credit for 50yds. receiving and he threw an interception. In our league that's 5 pts. for rec. yds. and minus one for the INT. Seems they changed his yardage to 45yds. However, NFL.com lists him still at 50yds.

PLEASE POST A MESSAGE GIVING ME THE STATS KEYSHAWN "OFFICIALLY" HAD IN YOUR LEAGUE. I'VE SEEN BOTH 50YDS AND 45YDS AT VARIOUS SITES. VERY STRANGE.

615259[/snapback]

MFL has Keyshawn at 50 yds receiving.

Funning you should score interceptions to any player other than QB's. I wonder how many other leagues do that?

Keyshawn caught 2 PASSES for 40 yards, then this:

(:21) (Shotgun) V.Testaverde pass to R.Anderson to DAL 23 for 4 yards. Lateral to K.Johnson to DAL 33 for 10 yards. K.Johnson pass INTERCEPTED by F.Brown at DAL 40. F.Brown to DAL 40 for no gain. Penalty on DAL-K.Johnson, Illegal Forward Pass, declined.

This is probably where the confusion comes from. Is the 10 yards on a lateral part of the receiving yards, is it 10 yards rushing, or is it nothing. FLM software called it 2 catches, 50 yards.

P.S. If you deduct for Ints, maybe Keyshawn would lose some more points on that!! Hmmmm, since it was called an illegal forward pass, but the penalty declined, does that make it a legal one? Hmmm!

Glad I'm not your league's commish! :D

Edited by BeachBum

Yardage on a lateral is considered receiving yardage if the play was originally a forward pass, and it is considered rushing yardage if it originated as a rush.

So, he should get he 50 yards receiving, and lose points for the INT, assuming you take points away for INTs.

Georgemoe - do you give points for rushing yardage to QBs, or passing points to a RB who throws the ball on an option? If they are eligible for the positives points for a play, they must be held accountable for the negatives as well.

MFL has Keyshawn at 50 yds receiving.

Funning you should score interceptions to any player other than QB's. I wonder how many other leagues do that?

615294[/snapback]

We do ... the scoring is exactly the same across all positions with one exception. RBs get .5 per reception, WRs get 1 per reception and TEs get 2 per reception.

So in our league when Vinatieri threw his TD the owner that started him (against me :D ) got 4 points ... had it been and INT he would have got -1 for the INT.

Edited by Grits and Shins

In our league (and I thought most) its DEF/Special Teams combined.

I do consider that a Special Teams TD, not an offensive TD.

It was the punter (as holder) who ran it in.

615048[/snapback]

Do your league rules state that it is a special teams play if a kicker/punter is on the field or are in FG/punt formation? If not, it is a offensive play as the ball was not attempted to be kicked.

Edited by Big John

Do your league rules state that it is a special teams play if a kicker/punter is on the field or are in FG/punt formation?  If not, it is a offensive play as the ball was not attempted to be kicked.

615649[/snapback]

I don't think it could be considered a s/t td. 4th down, the off. is in control of the ball. The only points given on the play would be an individual player that you carry as a kicker. If it were considered s/t on a FG then s/t would be given FG points, IMHO.

In our league, there is only one 'true' Special Team formation: the kickoff team which lines up against a defense.

Punts, FG's etc are offensive formations, that line up against the Defense.

The TD pass the Vinatieri threw this year netted him the TD pass points and the little yardage it provided, but that wasn't enough for a point.

If you think a FG unit isn't offense, you've got a problem. Also, punts are the same way because they can be faked and those fakes can go to a receiver, and there's no reason that receiver should be deined yardage simply because of the presence of the kicker.

I guess I see everyone's point here.

Like I said, it's not a factor in our league (only in the side bet I have w/ someone that the Bengals D/ST would be better, FFL-wise than the Eagles, a bet I'm winning by the way {can you say big whippdee-doo})

Our league rules are lacking, we've always said it's how the website scores it.

You bring up a good point about fake punts thrown to receivers, that is an offensive play.

We will reconvene this conversation when someday someone stops after a catch and drop-kicks the ball thru the uprights for three points!

We found a scoring discrepency on CBS sportsline that changed the outcome of one of our games, in turn changing the outcome of 2 teams making the playoffs or not. Sportsline has not fixed the problem however so the scoring on it is still wrong. We had to manually fix it.

The issue deals with Denver's defense. We score 1 point for a forced fumble in our league, and 1 point for a fumble recovery. Sportsline shows that Denver had 2 forced fumbles last week, which is wrong. After reviewing Stats Inc., and reviewing the play by play, there was actually just 1 FF and no fumble recoveries, so sportsline is giving denver's defense 1 extra point than it should be.

Anyone else notice this?

We will reconvene this conversation when someday someone stops after a catch and drop-kicks the ball thru the uprights for three points!

615825[/snapback]

The receiver will receive credit for the distancehe ran from the line of scrimmage, put get the points for the made FG, for the distance of it.

We found a scoring discrepency on CBS sportsline that changed the outcome of one of our games, in turn changing the outcome of 2 teams making the playoffs or not.  Sportsline has not fixed the problem however so the scoring on it is still wrong.  We had to manually fix it.

The issue deals with Denver's defense.  We score 1 point for a forced fumble in our league, and 1 point for a fumble recovery.  Sportsline shows that Denver had 2 forced fumbles last week, which is wrong.  After reviewing Stats Inc., and reviewing the play by play, there was actually just 1 FF and no fumble recoveries, so sportsline is giving denver's defense 1 extra point than it should be.

Anyone else notice this?

616001[/snapback]

No I did not notice that, but I do see that if you look at the player stats for the Bronco DST today, it shows there was only one forced fumble for Week 14. Tallying up the scoring based on our rules also shows that the points they show as being scored in Week 14 does not take into account any fumble recovery. So the scoring may not have been changed in your situation, but it is correct on the site as far as seeing it on the stats page. I think Sportsline freezes scoring on Thursday or Friday during the week following the games.