[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stokely News!

McBoog

From the Colts Web Site.

Also, wide receiver Brandon Stokley — who has caught 48 passes for 936 yards and nine touchdowns this season — is listed as questionable with a groin injury. Stokley sustained the injury against the Texans Sunday, but he said he didn’t think the field at Reliant Stadium — considered by some Colts players slippery — caused the injury.

“It’s going to be one of those things where it’s going to have to tell me how it feels,” Stokley said. “If it’s not feeling good, you can’t go. If it’s feeling fine, I’ll go. As bad as I want to play, my body will let me go whether I can go or not.”

Of the field, Stokley said, “I don’t think it was that. I was just running down the field and it just knotted up on me.”

Stokley spent four seasons with the Ravens before signing with the Colts as a free agent before the 2003 season.

“If it feels good, I’ll go, because it will be hard to sit this one out,” Stokley said. “But I know I have to do the right thing and be smart about it.”

If Stokley can’t play, Troy Walters would play the Colts’ third-receiver role. Walters missed the first 12 games of the season with an upper arm fracture.

“I think he (Stokley) is going to be fine, but if he’s not, Troy will do a great job,” Dungy said.

The Colts’ injury report reads as follows:

Safety Bob Sanders (knee, doubtful), safety Gerome Sapp (ribs, questionable), Saturday (calf, questionable), Stokley (groin, questionable), fullback/tight end Dallas Clark (arm/shoulder, probable), linebacker Cato June (ankle/thigh, probable), defensive end Robert Mathis (back, probable), Peko (ankle, probable) and defensive tackle Josh Williams (shoulder, probable).

Link

Center Jeff Saturday and right guard Tupe Peko were back in action at practice Wednesday. Wide receiver Brandon Stokley sat out the workout.

Colts coach Tony Dungy expects all three to play, but he said no decision will be made until later in the week. Peko (ankle) has missed the past four games; Saturday (calf) has missed two. Stokley (groin) was injured Sunday during the Colts' 23-14 victory at Houston.

"We'll see how it does as the week progresses," Stokley said.

Stokley has caught 58 passes for 936 yards and nine touchdowns, all career highs. If he can't play, Troy Walters will fill his position.

link

BALTIMORE RAVENS (8-5) AT INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (10-3) 8:35 PM EST

RAVENS

COLTS

#3 WR Brandon Stokley (groin-questionable) saw light work before Thursday's practice. Stokley will increase his chances of playing if he can practice tomorrow. Backup WR Troy Walters would fill in if Stokley can't play.

Backup WR Troy Walters would fill in if Stokley can't play.

615357[/snapback]

So, if Stokley doesn't play, what are the chances that Walters splits time with Clark in the slot? I have a difficult time believing that Walters, who hasn't played a significant role in Indy's offense for over a year, would be out there that often.

I think the Colts would just go to their two-TE sets.  If they went three wide, they would not hesitate to use Walters.

615424[/snapback]

I agree that they'll run their two-TE sets more often than usual if Stokley's out. However, I'm not sure about using Walters. Perhaps my eyes have decieved me, but I've seen Clark lined up in the slot more than a few times. Or maybe those instances were the result of Peyton audibles?

They haven't put Clark in the slot much this year, but it has happened a few times. Not nearly as much as the beginning of last year. I honestly can't remember a single instance of him catching a pass out there. If the Colts are going to use him effectively, they put him on the end of the line. Manning likes Walters. He used him quite a bit until Stokley returned from injury last year. I'm not sure it matters much, as everyone sound pretty optimistic about Brandon playing. I can't imagine him missing a prime time game against his old team, if he can give it a go.

"Wide receiver Brandon Stokley missed his second straight practice on Thursday. He did run prior to practice and Tony Dungy believe he can play on Sunday night. "He felt pretty good [after running]," Dungy told the Colts' web site. Brandon is listed as questionable on the team's injury report with a groin injury that he suffered last week against the Texans."

Will Deion cover him when he plays?

616766[/snapback]

Deion is expected back this week so that's probably the likely scenario.

Under normal circumstances (i.e. a #3 WR with a groin strain, playing on turf, against a very solid defense) you don't even entertain playing him. BUT this Colts offense and Mr. Manning is anything but "normal"- don't forget Stokley played with The Ravens for 4 season before this (and even won aring with them I think)- I'd imagine he'd like to show Ozzie & Billick that they made a mistake by letting him go......

I'm going to watch this situation as long as I can, bt come Sunday at 1:00 (my deadline) I'm probably going to start Stokes over Moulds.

Edited by Marauders11