[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Brown Has Medical Evaluation

Trailer Parker

The Titans reporter for a local sports station said that Chris Brown will be going to have his turf toe injury evaluated tomorrow by a doctor in Birmingham to see if his continued playing this year will have a long term effect. Depending on the results of the exam, Brown could sit out the remainder of the year. I will update this post tomorrow and Saturday.

The Titans reporter for a local sports station said that Chris Brown will be going to have his turf toe injury evaluated tomorrow by a doctor in Birmingham to see if his continued playing this year will have a long term effect.  Depending on the results of the exam, Brown could sit out the remainder of the year.  I will update this post tomorrow and Saturday.

615206[/snapback]

Thanks mobile home dude. :D Brown's butt is going to stay firmly planted on my bench.

Edited by Brewer

I would like to see him take the rest of the season off. Both of my reasons are admittedly selfish. I have him in a dynasty league and do not want permanent damage.

I have him and a smith in my $$ league and at least I'd know who to start (unless there's a chance I can start s jackson or t bell).

The results of the medical evaluation:  "Sissy".

615208[/snapback]

Think that is a touch unfair IMHO.

The guy has played. He got 12+ points last week in 1/2 a game. Compare that to some of the other highly touted RB's from last week.

From my long time league:

Martin 10, Westbrook 11, AGreen 9, Barber 7 .....

I would like to see him take the rest of the season off.  Both of my reasons are admittedly selfish.  I have him in a dynasty league and do not want permanent damage.

I have him and a smith in my $$ league and at least I'd know who to start (unless there's a chance I can start s jackson or t bell).

615232[/snapback]

I agree. I have him in two keeper leagues and also have backed him up with Smith. I would just as soon see him rest it, as I believe that is the best treatment for "Turf Toe?" :D

This is not based solely on his turf toe injury. He had hamstring problems all last year that kept him from playing. He left the opener against the Dolphins with an ankle sprain. I believe he had another injury earlier this year. And now he can only play a quarter or two with turf toe. Doesn't seem like a real tough guy. And that was the knock on him when he came out of college too. . .

This is not based solely on his turf toe injury.  He had hamstring problems all last year that kept him from playing.  He left the opener against the Dolphins with an ankle sprain.  I believe he had another injury earlier this year.  And now he can only play a quarter or two with turf toe.  Doesn't seem like a real tough guy.  And that was the knock on him when he came out of college too. . .

615269[/snapback]

Maybe it is the terminology.... injury prone would be better maybe?

Anyone that has had turf toe or a strained hammy and goes out and plays as long as they can (and gets 100+ doing it) cannot be considered a sissy..... but then maybe that's just me.

Hey Captian, Ever had turf toe?

I can tell you personally that is hurts and hurts bad.

And then try and play with it in a football game where you know they are stepping on it whenever they get a chance.

Sometimes the toe swells so bad that they have to wear a shea one or two size bigger just to fit over the two.

Turf Toe is not as sissy as it sounds, just FYI

And The reason he lasts a half is because thats how long the pain shot last and then it goes back to being worse than it was before the game.

Its a vicious cycle

I would like to see him take the rest of the season off.  Both of my reasons are admittedly selfish.  I have him in a dynasty league and do not want permanent damage.

615232[/snapback]

What? You mean when it come to fantasy football, mostly everyone is unselfish? Jeez, what is this world coming to... :D

I understand what you are saying. Turf toe is supposedly very painful. I would be applauding this guy for gutting it out if he hadn't been on the injury list for 2 straight years after coming out of college with the "easily-injured" label. Not a guy that I'd want on my fantasy team or real team.

Hey Captian, Ever had turf toe?

I can tell you personally that is hurts and hurts bad.

And then try and play with it in a football game where you know they are stepping on it whenever they get a chance.

Sometimes the toe swells so bad that they have to wear a shea one or two size bigger just to fit over the two.

Turf Toe is not as sissy as it sounds, just FYI

And The reason he lasts a half is because thats how long the pain shot last and then it goes back to being worse than it was before the game.

Its a vicious cycle

615287[/snapback]

The problem is A Smith cant get as many points in 4 qtrs as brown doesn in 2.

Yeah, I think Chris Brown is a bit of an injury-prone wuss. Not based on this turf toe episode only, but for the myriad of injuries that have plagued his college and pro career. The knock on him coming out of college was that he couldn't play through injuries. Guess what? He hasn't! Plenty of pro running backs have played through hamsting problems, sore ankles, seperated shoulders. I'M SURE HIS TURF TOE IS BAD. My comments were based on his history.

If he misses the rest of this year, he would now have missed 10 FULL games in his 2 year career, plus half of SEVERAL others. Not exactly an iron man.

Edited by CaptainHook

Yeah, I think Chris Brown is a bit of an injury-prone wuss.  Not based on this turf toe episode only, but for the myriad of injuries that have plagued his college and pro career.  The knock on him coming out of college was that he couldn't play through injuries.  Guess what?  He hasn't!  Plenty of pro running backs have played through hamsting problems, sore ankles, seperated shoulders.  I'M SURE HIS TURF TOE IS BAD.  My comments were based on his history.

If he misses the rest of this year, he would now have missed 10 FULL games in his 2 year career, plus half of SEVERAL others.  Not exactly an iron man.

615640[/snapback]

Your right. He's no Iron Man. Can't completely call him a sissy from the Turf Toe, but close. We gutted it out when we had it. From: McCallister, M. Faulk and D. Sanders. :D