[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad weather this weekend ...

Grits and Shins

Unless the weather is extreme, I don't give it a lot of thought.  I will say this though. I don't really shy away from playing a WR on a sloppy field as I think most people do.  My thought is that the sloppy conditions actually favor the guy that knows where he wants to go.  I actually think that the RB's have it more difficult is the slop then anyone else based on them having to try to cut and run away from people so much.

I have no data to back up my thought but it is what I think.

615884[/snapback]

I was just getting ready to reply this same thought. This is my theory as well. It makes sense because the offense has the advantage in normal conditions, so the worse the conditions, the bigger the advantage.

Now grits brought up a good point about weather affecting the QB. I tend to think that by the second half, most good QBs will have adjusted. Just like when you play basketball outside in the wind, you will eventually adjust your shot according to the wind, and if I can do it, an NFL QB certainly can.

Now, all this being said, I'm still benching A. Johnson this weekend. He'll probably go off, *** Murphy and his law!!

This is why I don't draft Favre or Packer WRs anymore.  Games at Lambeau in December have killed me in the playoffs at least twice.

616161[/snapback]

Buffalo's players have done the same to me!!! :D

:D ... as I typed my last post it occurred to me that I might consider finding another kicker this weekend ... there is NO doubt that bad weather impacts the kicking game

615930[/snapback]

Ok..ok...ok, I can't let this one just slide This... is something I never thought I would see on this or any huddle thread..... Grits actually considered the ramifications of, of all things a kicker!!!! :bigshock: What's the deal :D man you goin' soft or something? B)

I've got Kneading and Longwell this weekend, I'll take the one who's used to kicking in the arctic circle.

Ok..ok...ok, I can't let this one just slide This... is something I never thought I would see on this or any huddle thread..... Grits actually considered the ramifications of, of all things a kicker!!!! :bigshock: What's the deal :D man you goin' soft or something?  :D

I've got Kneading and Longwell this weekend, I'll take the one who's used to kicking in the arctic circle.

616633[/snapback]

I only carry one kicker all season long ... I pick him and go with him. Typically I drop him on his off week and pick up a new one. If my current kicker is under-performing I will certainly consider cutting him and picking up another one. So at those times I certainly consider "kicker ramifications" ... I just don't ask you guys to consider it with me ... because as we all know kickers are too unpredictable.

To the case in point ... I may consider picking up a kicker to replace Shane Graham this weekend because of the weather or I may not. I haven't decided yet, hell I haven't even checked to see who is available.

I only carry one kicker all season long ... I pick him and go with him.  Typically I drop him on his off week and pick up a new one.  If my current kicker is under-performing I will certainly consider cutting him and picking up another one.  So at those times I certainly consider "kicker ramifications" ... I just don't ask you guys to consider it with me ... because as we all know kickers are too unpredictable.

To the case in point ... I may consider picking up a kicker to replace Shane Graham this weekend because of the weather or I may not.  I haven't decided yet, hell I haven't even checked to see who is available.

616826[/snapback]

:D Come on Grits. Its Christmas time, lighten up. :D Tis the season to be jolly, you know ...... peace on earth, St Nick, Rudolph, Frosty and all that other crap. Spirts should be high, particularly if you're still worrying about line up issues. Best of Luck, hope you find a kicker who gives you the warm fuzzies. Break out the Yule chear and have some egg nog. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year B)

Edited by GoTs

OK, does a warm weather QB like Brees get more affected that other QB's do?

617587[/snapback]

Brees played @ Purdue.... he's seen plenty of bad weather.

Does the weather change SD's play calling this week?

617587[/snapback]

Rain or shine.....Marty is gonna pound LT like there's no tommorrow.

Brees played @ Purdue.... he's seen plenty of bad weather.

617645[/snapback]

Yeah, but the college football season is pretty much over by early December. And temperatures in central Indiana are typically above freezing at the point.

I still think that Drew may have some difficulties playing in the cold, but that's true of pretty much all QBs.

High winds bother me for QBs, WRs and PKs. I benched Driver against DET because of the wind (although he still managed to do well). I have to stick with Longwell because he is all I have at the PK position, but not overly concerned since he seems to do fine no matter what.

If I have more than one player facing high winds, I'll get as anal as trying to find out how the winds are blowing in relation to the field and how the stadium is during windy conditions (for example, swirling or whatever).

I've got QBs in the list of games, Brees and McNabb, the prospect of some rain or snow doesn't bother me in leaving McNabb in the lineup. Yes...I'm a Cowboys fan and McNabb is the main man in my FF team.

Otherwise I generally just let it rip as usual. Although, in the back of my mind, if I have a fumble or injury-prone player, I may take that into account if we are talking real sloppy or slippery conditions...weighing that against the player's potential to perform. But I don't have to worry about that this year (now I jinxed myself and half of them will get groin pulls or fumbilitis).

Edited by Gunther

Grits I don't have many players in those games, but some that may make a difference. I've got Jags D @ GB and Jets D at home against Seatown... plus i have Longwell or Keading who's heading to a nasty Cleveland area this Sunday.

All things considered I'm leaning towards starting Jets D and Longwell, but could easily flip flop come game time

Grits I don't have many players in those games, but some that may make a difference. I've got Jags D @ GB and Jets D at home against Seatown... plus i have Longwell or Keading who's heading to a nasty Cleveland area this Sunday.

All things considered I'm leaning towards starting Jets D and Longwell, but could easily flip flop come game time

618072[/snapback]

I was going to play Griese instead of Favre anyway.

I can't bench McGahee.

I may still start Jones ... am struggling with him vs James vs OSmith. But weather is not much of a swing factor.

I am considering benching Jimmy Smith. I can go to Hines Ward or TJ Houshmandezwhatever (who is also playing in a cold weather game).

I just picked up Matt Stover to fill in for Shane Graham.

I will stick with Buffalo's defense

I am vey concerned about the weather this weekend as well. I have Farve and Walker with the option of Lelie. I don't have any prior stats to compare this matchup with to make my decision. I know Farve dosen't lose when it's below 34 degrees but how will it effect my receiver. I am worried Green, Davenport and Fisher could be the main focus. The Jags run D is pretty good though, "so I got that goin for me".