[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ferguson clotheslined!

Savage Beatings

His legs were flailing about right after it happened (maybe involuntarily if he was unconscious), but I would think his spine is ok if that was happening.

621243[/snapback]

that makes sense.......that was a hit there.......

brings me backk some of the jack tatum memories

They show Del Rio on the sidelines laughing. Pretty classless.

621237[/snapback]

Saw the whole thing. That hit was nasty. For a few minutes there, I was wondering if Ferguson had a broken neck and was paralyzed.

Del Rio is a big walking male genital for standing there laughing about whatever. He is a former player, too. I would think he of all people could understand the seriousness of what happened! :D

Saw the whole thing.  That hit was nasty.  For a few minutes there, I was wondering if Ferguson had a broken neck and was paralyzed. 

Del Rio is a big walking male genital for standing there laughing about whatever.  He is a former player, too.  I would think he of all people could understand the seriousness of what happened!  :D

621366[/snapback]

I did notice his smirk and thought that it was pretty classless myself. But then after awhile I just assumed that he couldn't possibly be laughing at Ferguson laying on the ground. But now hearing everyone else's opinon I'm now thinking that he really was laughing at that..... Reminds me of when the Philly fans cheered when Michael Irvin was laying on the turf at Veteran's..... :D

Edited by Piles

Just a strained neck for fergy.  He'll be ok.

621546[/snapback]

Thanks for the update!

Link for the update on the Packers' site..

Update On Robert Ferguson

posted 12/19/2004

Robert Ferguson

: Packers-Jaguars Game Center

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson suffered a sprained neck with 4:41 remaining in Sunday's game vs. Jacksonville. He will be kept at Bellin Hospital in Green Bay overnight for observation and further evaluation.

Ferguson has movement and sensation in all four of his extremities and is resting comfortably, according to Packers head trainer Pepper Burruss.

An evaluation will be made throughout this week by the team's medical staff relative to Ferguson's availability for Friday's game at Minnesota.

Edited by Gunther

Darius said he's seen players stay in the game for hits worse than his.

"It was not intentional, I was just trying to make a play," he said. "I've done that in the past when I know I couldn't get an interception, I swung up, trying to get the ball. That's a technique."

What an ass :D

EDIT to add:

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said he was looking at the pass rush and didn't see the hit, so he declined comment.

I'll give Del Rio the benefit of the doubt since he was not aware of how bad the hit was.

Edited by A Little Bit Special

Football is a contact sport. Anyone that decides to make a living playing football should consider that. Butkus, Lambert, Tatum, etc... clothes lined and punched people in the face every Sunday. Dan Dierdorf made it seem like he chopped Ferguson's head off with a machette. He is ok and Darius deserves a fine, but should not be labeled a dirty player.

Football is a contact sport. Anyone that decides to make a living playing football should consider that.  Butkus, Lambert, Tatum, etc... clothes lined and punched people in the face every Sunday.  Dan Dierdorf made it seem like he chopped Ferguson's head off with a machette. He is ok and Darius deserves a fine, but should not be labeled a dirty player.

621840[/snapback]

I agree. At full speed funny things happen. If Darius was 6" lower and hit him in the chest he would have been on everyone's plays of the week. I am not saying he shouldn't be fined, but this a a full contact sport and nasty things are going to happen when two grown, athletic men throw their bodies at each other.

I agree.  At full speed funny things happen.  If Darius was 6" lower and hit him in the chest he would have been on everyone's plays of the week.  I am not saying he shouldn't be fined, but this a a full contact sport and nasty things are going to happen when two grown, athletic men throw their bodies at each other.

621894[/snapback]

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/rev/dec04/285684.asp

I hope this link works (edit, small picture on right-local paper actually has 4-photas of hit on front page).

I am sure all you Viking fans would be screaming suspension if that was Randy Moss on the receiving end of this obvious intentional hit.

Edited by Men In Tights