[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO to have surgery

giantsfan

Now everyone will see what McNabb is w/o Owens and that is AN AVERAGE QB!

622940[/snapback]

Peyton Manning would look average with this group...don't kid yourself....

622962[/snapback]

Two statements I agree with. So why is it that Vick gets so much crap when he has one of the worst WR groups in the league and he still wins games...........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes the Eagle fans feel any better, Reid said that if Owens did play in the Super Bowl and caught his 15th TD for the year that he would wear the tights.

Maybe not a lot of consolation there though...

622777[/snapback]

No. It's not. :bawling:

Really?  My initial thought is that McNabb is more likely to play now, so the team can adjust without T.O.  I know it's only one guy, but all the WRs will be affected moving up in the rotation.  I could be off in my rationale, but it makes sense to get them as many reps as possible with McNabb in game situations.

622918[/snapback]

Everything I've heard said that with all the injuries they've gotten from TO to H. Thomas, to all the injuries they've gotten the past few years means they are a little wary and will not push it for no reason the last 2 weeks. I'd be VERY shocked if McNabb played the full game this week, and even more shocked if he even played at all in their last game. I'd steer clear of Eagles the last 2 games. They are VERY gun shy injury wise and I believe they will be sure to get no one else hurt. Like Westbrook I bet sits a lot also.

You are such a homer.  Dominated :D

624528[/snapback]

From week 2:

First downs: Vikes 25, Beagles 19.

Total Yards: Vikes 410, Beagles 317.

TOP: Vikes 37:53, Beagles 22:07.

If not for the phantom TO TD, we'd have had ourselves a win.

Homer, yes. But at least I know what I'm talking about.

:curtsey:

of course McNabb will be average...expect more running from him..

623528[/snapback]

Yeah- McNabb has pretty much sucked his whole pre- T.O. career when he had James Thrash and Co. to throw to :D

hmm, last 3 regular seasons- if this is "average" what's good?

2003- 19 total TD's, 3,600 total yards

2002- 23 total TD's, 2,800 total yards in 10 games.

2001, 27 total TD's, 3,700 total yards

oh yeah and a 30-12 record as a starter in that time span.

Edited by Marauders11

From week 2:

First downs: Vikes 25, Beagles 19.

Total Yards: Vikes 410, Beagles 317.

TOP: Vikes 37:53, Beagles 22:07.

If not for the phantom TO TD, we'd have had ourselves a win.

Homer, yes. But at least I know what I'm talking about.

:curtsey:

624556[/snapback]

If Tom Brady doesn't throw a pick last night Miami wouldn't have won- weak argument. You lost and that's really all there is to it.

If Tom Brady doesn't throw a pick last night Miami wouldn't have won- weak argument. You lost and that's really all there is to it.

624574[/snapback]

So in your opinion, an INT and a blown call are equivalent? Interesting logic. I also didn't say we should have won. You put those words in my mouth. I said dominated. And I posted the game stats which would suggest the same thing.

I have no like for the Vikes or the Eagles so I come at this from a totally impartial POV. EVERY year the Vikes stink after Thanksgiving. This year they have been awful recently losing to Chic and at home to a Sea team that hadn't beaten even a decent team ALL year. This past Sunday they were lucky to win in regulation when Det, who is a BAD team, screwed up an extra point. With all that said there is NO way I can see Minny winning in Philly. I think Minny will win this Friday and win the division, but if Carolina is the 6 seed I think Atlanta, GB, and Carolina in that order ALL have a clearly better chance to win on the road outside in cold weather in Philly than Minny does. To me even with the division Minny is the 5th best team in the NFC, and maybe 4th if NO or St. Louis gets the 6th seed over Carolina in terms of ability to win AT PHILLY. If they played in Minny they could beat anyone, but outside in Philly I say they are the 5th team. Just being honest.

Edited by giantsfan

So in your opinion, an INT and a blown call are equivalent? Interesting logic. I also didn't say we should have won. You put those words in my mouth. I said dominated. And I posted the game stats which would suggest the same thing.

624585[/snapback]

They are all EXCUSES- tomato-tomaato.

FWIW, IMO, the Vikes do suck. That being said, if they happen to play a good game, I think without TO in the lineup they have a legitimate chance to best the Eagles. That also being said, I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here. First beat Green Bay and Washington, and then we'll go from there.

FWIW, IMO, the Vikes do suck. That being said, if they happen to play a good game, I think without TO in the lineup they have a legitimate chance to best the Eagles.

624614[/snapback]

That's what being a fan's all about. What fun would it be if you thought your team had no shot? :D

FWIW, IMO, the Vikes do suck. That being said, if they happen to play a good game, I think without TO in the lineup they have a legitimate chance to best the Eagles. That also being said, I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here. First beat Green Bay and Washington, and then we'll go from there.

624614[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying. Would I be SHOCKED if Minny beat Philly if they got there? I wouldn't be shocked. But again if Carolina gets in I like 1. Atl 2. GB 3. Carolina 4. Minny. That's the order I think they can win in Philly not the order of who I think is best to worst in terms of overall team. But your last line is right Hugh. Win Friday and clinch your division then we'll talk.

That's what being a fan's all about.  What fun would it be if you thought your team had no shot? :D

624621[/snapback]

Believe me, being a Viking fan isn't fun no matter how you slice it. :D I do try to refrain from blinding homerism though, which runs rapant in these parts.

Two statements I agree with.  So why is it that Vick gets so much crap when he has one of the worst WR groups in the league and he still wins games...........

623184[/snapback]

I've only argued his accuracy and fantasy value...

McNabbs accuracy was pretty bad before but has only shown that side in spurts...Vick hasn't shown he'll be making strides after at least another full season of play...

Where is all this Minny talk coming from - on the Radio today, someone was plugging Minn as class of the NFC.

This is the same Minnesota that was a blown snap from possibly losing to Detroit this past week....the same Minny that has just SUCKED the last 5 weeks or so.

I know the Eagles took a big step backward and may be screwed, but I don't see how Minn ends up becoming anywhere near the favorite - hell, win a game after October that matters...

Yeah- McNabb has pretty much sucked his whole pre- T.O. career when he had James Thrash and Co. to throw to  :D

hmm, last 3 regular seasons- if this is "average" what's good?

2003- 19 total TD's, 3,600 total yards

2002- 23 total TD's, 2,800 total yards in 10 games.

2001, 27 total TD's, 3,700 total yards

oh yeah and a 30-12 record as a starter in that time span.

624573[/snapback]

no...but he's been accustomed to having a wide open field all season and has been able to pick defenses apart...

now he has to make up for that with running and working with less weapons

but as I've been saying to locals who are a cleenex box away from crying....

last year we took some big hits before the playoffs...and made it to the NFCC after losing our best RB and people on defense...

we are already better than last years team at full strength at this point without TO...

but people have had so much of TO crammed down their throats that they've forgotten this team has done well without him....we just made it look easy WITH him....

and if we made it to the SB...I'd only want TO near the red zone because he still poses a threat physically....we don't want to damage him...so we'll just have to rely on what we have to gain the proper field position..

Oh that's right T.O.P wins games, I forgot.  Geezzz and here I am all stupid and stuff.  Your Vikings are soooo weak a blown extra point can't keep them from wilting (again!)

625010[/snapback]

:D Very good comeback. Factual, well thought out, full of insight. Excellent.