[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why I'm not a big fan of

Monsters Of The Midway

In two different leagues, I started the season in one of them with a 3-5 record and a 3-6 record in the other. Through the process of trades and scouring the waiver wire, I have put together monster win streaks in both of them and have made it to the League Championship in both!

I know some of you guys are huge proponents of leagues that do not allow trades but, I'm sure glad I'm not a part of any of them this year! :D

So, before the season, you put together crappy teams, but once you can "read'n'react" to what's happening in the NFL on a week-by-week basis, THEN you can get good players?

Frankly, this is why I love my no-trade (auction) main money league. It takes a lot more skill to call your shots in August and win in December than to work the phones and WW all year. Besides, when it comes time to post your championship team, and you have to list like half the NFL, what fun is that?

Peace

policy

So, before the season, you put together crappy teams, but once you can "read'n'react" to what's happening in the NFL on a week-by-week basis, THEN you can get good players?

Frankly, this is why I love my no-trade (auction) main money league.  It takes a lot more skill to call your shots in August and win in December than to work the phones and WW all year.  Besides, when it comes time to post your championship team, and you have to list like half the NFL, what fun is that?

Peace

policy

624524[/snapback]

Yeah I agree, I love the fact that my major money league doesn't allow trades. We actually go so far as to limit each team to 8 waiver wire moves all year. I really like it because you have to come prepared for the draft. Basically the league is won or the favorites are determined right after the draft and I like it that way. Kind of separates the guys who know what they are doing from the ones who don't. Nothing worse than being in first and watching the guy in 2nd pull off some monster deal that is unfair but doesn't constitute collusion. I'm also a big proponent of a no playoff system as well. Trades suk if you ask me.