[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I needed a Christmas miracle to make the SB...

Fatman

I entered the playoffs of my highly-competitive 12 team local, made up of people I have been friends with for 10-15 years, as the #2 seed and second highest points. I cruised in the first round of the playoffs and earned a semifinal match with one of my best friends, the guy who won our league last year.

My team started bleeding points in the Washington-San Francisco game. Portis gets stuffed on four carries inside the five, and loses a fumble in garbage time. WAS D has a good game, but their first TD is called back as a forward pass. Going has a decent enough game at night, but Crumpler has a quiet game and loses a fumble. Somewhat of a mixed bag from the Saturday games, but a decent start.

Sunday comes, and I can't decide what to do for my 3rd WR behing DJax and Galloway. I check the weather reports, and eventually I plug in Houshmandzadeh over the now gimpy Derrick Mason, who plays in the afternoon. Sunday NFL Countdown shows me the snow coming down in Cleveland, and I think maybe there's a chace LT doesn't go nuts against the Browns. Wishful thinking. LT dominats for him, and Housh lays an egg, matched only by the egg layed by Darrel Jackson. Not looking good. The afternoon games are a mixed bag - he starts the Titans D, which earns 0 points. Driver has a good game for him, Galloway has a good one for me. Longwell and Clayton are relatively quite for him.

I still had Manning on Sunday night, as well as Stover, so I'm still hopeful. Manning looks like he's going to score on their first possession, but nearly throws two interceptions before kicking a field goal. Stover has one for me, but the rest of the first half if ugly. Not good.

Peyton eventually throws one, but he has a quiet game on the whole. But Stover really kills me. He kicks a FG, but a phantom call gives Billick enough conficence to go for it. I get a point for the PAT. Stover tries another FG, and it's blocked. Then The Ravens have two chances to kick a FG when down by ten, but they go for it each time. At the end of the game, I have a 53 point lead going into Monday night. I wanted to have 80, because...

...he still had Brady, Dillon, Chambers, and McMichael going. I'm listening to the start of the game on the radio, coming home from Christmas shopping, and Dillon runs well to start, followed by an easy Brady TD. Not a good start. Dillon added a TD in the second, and I enter halftime with my lead down to 28.

The second half is queit, with McMichael not doing much and Chambers doing even less. Brady and Dillon are held mostly in check, and I start to feel pretty good about my chances. The Pats mount a drive, but it gets to be 3 and goal from the 2. Then it happens - Brady to Dillon, TD pass, the double points killer. My hear sinks. I'm up by 8.

The Pats drive again in the fourth, and Dillon almost squirts into the endzone, but bumps in the ref and is down at the two. It doesn't matter as Brady throws his 3rd TD, and I'm losing by 2.5 points. Chambers adds a short catch, and I'm down by 3.5. I keep thinking about all of missed chances - the Portis and Crump fumbles, not playing Mason, Stover and the FG troubles - and am resigned to my loss.

Brady, however, will not let me die. For some unknwon reason, he decides to throw up a gift off of his back, and suddenly my deficit is 1.5. A glimmer of hope. The Dolphins drive, and I'm chanting not McMike, not Chris. Dolphins on fourth and 10, and I'm trying to figure out if Brady kneeling will count as negative rushing yardage. Balls up and caught, and suddenly the Pats are down. I need another Brady pick or fumble. 1st down, Brady is sacked, but no fumble. I'm on the phone with the winner of the other bracket, as he wants to know who he's playing next week. And substantial Brady completion will put him over the 2 points, making a pick worthless. Brady drops back, and throws ANOTHER PICK. I nearly *** my pants. Game over.

Yahoo confirmed it this morning as a final:

Fatman - 106.51

Danimal - 105.94

I'm not overly religious, but I now believe in miracles. My only possible chance was two Brady turnovers at the end, and he delivered. Don't let anyone tell you he's not clutch.

I've never used it before, but the only thing I could think of was...

:D

It was by far the most fun/agonizing/uplifting/deflating/thrilling fantasy experience I've ever had. Thanks for letting me share.