[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl Favorites...

Royal 88s

Colts 31

Eagles 27

625896[/snapback]

My Aunt swears up and down that the football Gods will never let an Irsay win a Superbowl. She cried for days when the Colts left and got her Ravens season tickets the first day old Colts season ticket holders where able to. You think I'm annoyed about the Colts move, I'm the easy one.

She jokingly told a coworker this a few years back on the eve of the Colts/Jets playoff game. The next day she said that obviously the football Gods where more upset than she had thought.

Still, I think the AFC wins it this year, and if the Colts can manage to get the big game :D, they'll be the favorite.

My Aunt swears up and down that the football Gods will never let an Irsay win a Superbowl.  She cried for days when the Colts left and got her Ravens season tickets the first day old Colts season ticket holders where able to.  You think I'm annoyed about the Colts move, I'm the easy one.

626163[/snapback]

So, I see that bitterness runs in the family. :D:D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Colts - 38

Atlanta - 24

To automatically assume that Indy will have to play in NE & Pitt in consecutive weeks in the playoffs is taking for granted that NE will beat whoever they face in the 2nd RD.

I think I'm right about this but if I'm not I'm sure EVERYONE will tell me.

With a win this week against SD Indy will be the #3 seed in the AFC. That means if they win their 1st rd playoff game that they would have to go to Pitt for Rd 2. If NE loses in rd 2 and Indy wins then the AFC Championship would come back to Indy, Right?

So all it takes is 1 Playoff loss for NE and for Indy to advance to the AFC Championship Game and then Indy will get to play the AFC Championship Game at home. That could totally happen.

For anybody that doesn't think so just look at what happened Monday Night.

So the Road to the Super Bowl for Indy, may or may not go through NE, if the win this week against SD.

Colts - 38

Atlanta - 24

To automatically assume that Indy will have to play in NE & Pitt in consecutive weeks in the playoffs is taking for granted that NE will beat whoever they face in the 2nd RD.

I think I'm right about this but if I'm not I'm sure EVERYONE will tell me.

With a win this week against SD Indy will be the #3 seed in the AFC. That means if they win their 1st rd playoff game that they would have to go to Pitt for Rd 2. If NE loses in rd 2 and Indy wins then the AFC Championship would come back to Indy, Right?

So all it takes is 1 Playoff loss for NE and for Indy to advance to the AFC Championship Game and then Indy will get to play the AFC Championship Game at home. That could totally happen.

For anybody that doesn't think so just look at what happened Monday Night.

So the Road to the Super Bowl for Indy, may or may not go through NE, if the win this week against SD.

626396[/snapback]

Not quite. If the order is Pitt, NE, Ind, and SD, and there are no wildcard upsets, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. Indy @ NE and SD @ PITT.

For anybody that thinks Indy doesn't have a problem playing in NE, look at week 1, the AFC Championship, or Peyton's era @ NE.

Not quite.  If the order is Pitt, NE, Ind, and SD, and there are no wildcard upsets, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3.  Indy @ NE and SD @ PITT.

For anybody that thinks Indy doesn't have a problem playing in NE, look at week 1, the AFC Championship, or Peyton's era @ NE.

626448[/snapback]

Ok I though I might be wrong on who plays whom, I always screw that up.

So just substitute NE with Pitt in my above scenario and the AFC Championship can still come back to Indy.

And they may still not have to play in Pitt & NE in consecutive weeks. Which is what I was actually getting at anyway.

And I never said that Indy doesn't have trouble winning in NE.

In fact for Indy, winning in NE is almost as hard as winning in Miami is for NE.

Ok I though I might be wrong on who plays whom, I always screw that up.

So just substitute NE with Pitt in my above scenario and the AFC Championship can still come back to Indy.

And they may still not have to play in Pitt & NE in consecutive weeks. Which is what I was actually getting at anyway.

And I never said that Indy doesn't have trouble winning in NE.

In fact for Indy, winning in NE is almost as hard as winning in Miami is for NE.

626566[/snapback]

Correct, given there is no wildcard upsets, if Indy beat the Pats and SD beats Pitt, Indy would host SD for the AFC Championship (if the seedings end up as most predict). 1 of those 2 things could happen, but probably not both.

Correct, given there is no wildcard upsets, if Indy beat the Pats and SD beats Pitt, Indy would host SD for the AFC Championship (if the seedings end up as most predict).  1 of those 2 things could happen, but probably not both.

626577[/snapback]

Oh I know it's a longshot but sometimes longshots come in. Especially in a conference as wide open as the AFC is this year.

Anyone of the top 4 seeds could come out of this conference.