[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is a sack?

Browns fan

Quick question about what the legal definition of a sack is?

I just lost my Fantasy game by one point -- the point awarded to Richard Seymour Monday night for "sacking" AJ Feeley for a loss of zero yards?!! Can you get a sack if there is no loss of yards?

I've tried searching online for the answer, but I figure you guys can help.

Thanks.

If the QB is tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage.

624950[/snapback]

...AND it was meant as a passing play, which can be a subjective judgment and can had been changed a few times later in the week by the NFL office.

...AND it was meant as a passing play, which can be a subjective judgment and can had been changed a few times later in the week by the NFL office.

625047[/snapback]

that is the key - it is subjectively considered a pass that was aborted by the tackling of a quarterback.

Speaking of sacks...I learned something new this past week. The Giants attempted a 2pt. conversion, and Eli was sacked, but it didn't count in the stat column. I was looking for every possible pt. from my PIT DEF, who layed down to the Gints. :hoppingmad:

I sometimes don't understand the sack thing either. How come you'll see sometimes that a QB has 1 rush for -2 yards? Wouldn't that be a sack instead of a rush? Defensive players are credited with a sack, I think, for forcing a QB to run our of bounds.

Its subjective.

A sack is where the QB is tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage on a passing play.

A QB can be tackled behind the line of scrimmage on a bootleg or up the gut running play and its just a tackle. But if he is looking to throw, then is pressured and doesnt get past the line of scrimmage its a sack.

The 2 pt conversion play does not count toward passing yds, rushing yds, receiving yds, tackles, sacks, ints, fumbles etc.... Its an untimed down that has no statistical benefit to players / fantasy owners except the 2 pts to the players involed in the play, if its converted.

Its subjective.

A sack is where the QB is tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage on a passing play. 

A QB can be tackled behind the line of scrimmage on a bootleg or up the gut running play and its just a tackle.  But if he is looking to throw, then is pressured and doesnt get past the line of scrimmage its a sack.

The 2 pt conversion play does not count toward passing yds, rushing yds, receiving yds, tackles, sacks, ints, fumbles etc....  Its an untimed down that has no statistical benefit to players / fantasy owners except the 2 pts to the players involed in the play, if its converted.

625690[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification Sarge. BTW, you have a PM. :D

If the official league scorer counts it as a sack, it is a sack! Trying to find and fight a definition is Rosie O'Donnell and chicken$hit. They know the rules, we live by their interpretations on a weekly basis.

Stop :bawling: you lost :D !