[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Over

DexterDew

I want to thank everybody here at the Huddle and the Message boards for all the help, advice and posts of information this football season :D

I lost in the Semi's with Volek when my guys Alexander, MaGahee, Johnson all had sub par games. My mistake was benching Burleson, but that wouldn't have been enough anyway... even if Holt and Alexander didn't fumble AND the IND Int didn't step out at the five yard line... I lost 159 to 211 :D I still finished in third, and had two high mans, no low man, and will get my money back and then some B)

What i found great about this sight and forum (enough so that i won't tell my league) is the statistical breakdowns by the position, the ease of schedule, the free agent reports, the trash can and the commentary of the weekly matchups.

My only suggestion to DMD would be to have a home and away FF point breakdown, maybe even turf and grass. I don't want this to become like baseball statistical breakdown with lefties vs righties, late inning pressure situation, BA with runners in scoring position, etc.... but there are some breakdowns that would be beneficial in picking a weekly lineup.

To all of you in the forum here... i have to say, y'all made me laugh and think. I really appreciate the posts from hometown papers and other sources. It really helped :D I liked the discourse when it stayed above-the-belt. We may all disagree from time to time (the always start your studs and weather doesn't matter), but that is the purpose of the forum: a free exchange of ideas and opinions.

Good luck to all of those still standing!

Dexterdew of Locho Ocho

7-6 regular season. 1-1 playoffs. Third Place overall.

Now this is a horse of a different color. This guy lost in the second round of his playoffs and he still thanks the Huddle for a job well down and for helping him get there. :D

Yes the Huddle does deserve a big thanks. DMD and WW as well as all the guys that keep the homer info flowing on the MB. It's been a bit of a crazy year for me and I have had to rely on the MB this year more than ever and I am also thankful to everyone.

This site costs some insanely low amount of moolah for what you get out of it.  :D

626424[/snapback]

Whole heartedly agree! Best bang for the buck for FF. Great articles and the awesome strength and sharing of the membership. DMD and WW has a winner on their hands...but I (and many others) have known that for many years. Great work!

Now if only the forums went pay again our Utopia would be complete. :D

626658[/snapback]

No question about it.

In the age of negativity we live, its nice to see genuine appreciation.

However, DMD does get get paid to bring us the great site and format. A fantasy football web site supporting multiple full time jobs.

Boy, maybe they should thank us, no?

Where do I sign-up?

I want to thank everybody here at the Huddle and the Message boards for all the help, advice and posts of information this football season B)

I lost in the Semi's with Volek when my guys Alexander, MaGahee, Johnson all had sub par games. My mistake was benching Burleson, but that wouldn't have been enough anyway... even if Holt and Alexander didn't fumble AND the IND Int didn't step out at the five yard line... I lost 159 to 211 :D  I still finished in third, and had two high mans, no low man, and will get my money back and then some :D

What i found great about this sight and forum (enough so that i won't tell my league) is the statistical breakdowns by the position, the ease of schedule, the free agent reports, the trash can and the commentary of the weekly matchups. 

My only suggestion to DMD would be to have a home and away FF point breakdown, maybe even turf and grass.  I don't want this to become like baseball statistical breakdown with lefties vs righties, late inning pressure situation, BA with runners in scoring position, etc.... but there are some breakdowns that would be beneficial in picking a weekly lineup.

To all of you in the forum here... i have to say, y'all made me laugh and think.  I really appreciate the posts from hometown papers and other sources.  It really helped :D  I liked the discourse when it stayed above-the-belt.  We may all disagree from time to time (the always start your studs and  weather doesn't matter), but that is the purpose of the forum:  a free exchange of ideas and opinions.

Good luck to all of those still standing! 

Dexterdew of Locho Ocho

7-6 regular season.  1-1 playoffs.  Third Place overall.

626271[/snapback]

It sounds like you're suggesting that you lost because you didn't have turf vs. grass or home vs. away stats.

Clue #1 - You don't need an excuse to lose. You could still lose if you knew what every player ate for lunch or if they got out of the right or left side of the bed in the morning. :D

It sounds like you're suggesting that you lost because you didn't have turf vs. grass or home vs. away stats.

Clue #1 - You don't need an excuse to lose.  You could still lose if you knew what every player ate for lunch or if they got out of the right or left side of the bed in the morning.  :D

627108[/snapback]

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains"

I'm not blaming the wonderful people at the Huddle for my loss. They were like the crib sheet that helped me play the odds.... and if I know that Holt sucks on grass (which he did this year) I am more likely to play another WR.

Once you set your lineup, though, all that is left is celebrating and/or second guessing (and drinking).

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains"

I'm not blaming the wonderful people at the Huddle for my loss.  They were like the crib sheet that helped me play the odds.... and if I know that Holt sucks on grass (which he did this year)  I am more likely to play another WR. 

Once you set your lineup, though, all that is left is celebrating and/or second guessing (and drinking).

627138[/snapback]

Ahhhh, drinking. Not much else to say, just looking forward to my next beer.

Clue #1 - You don't need an excuse to lose.  You could still lose if you knew what every player ate for lunch or if they got out of the right or left side of the bed in the morning.  :D

627108[/snapback]

I didn't take it that way at all. Sounds like he is just making a suggestion. Not saying I agree with it but he certainly doesn't sound like he's blaming the huddle... Just the opposite...