[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Eagles sitting this weekend?

goose228

Every fantasy expert in town is saying that McNabb and Westbrook are going to get benched. Reid knows that the only way to win without Owens will be to get his players in a groove going into the playoffs. Maybe MAYBE they get benched in Week 17, but this week he's got to see what they can do. It probably doesn't really "help" McNabb that much; he'll pass less but run more. Westbrook could be the f-n man though. This guy was THE guy last year without TO.

Ried did not sit McNabb last year when they had similar situation. In Week 17, Nabb had 242 passing yds, 3 passing TDs, 16 rushing yds, and 1 rushing TD.

Ried did not sit McNabb last year when they had similar situation.  In Week 17, Nabb had 242 passing yds, 3 passing TDs, 16 rushing yds, and 1 rushing TD.

626955[/snapback]

IIRC, PHI had to play balls out last year, right? I think they had to win OR DAL had to lose for PHI to get in. Since DAL was playing later in the weekend than PHI, PHI played to win. So the situation is different this season.

But I'm keeping my eyes peeled on any news out of the PHI camp (or Huddler Eagles homers) regarding McNabb's status.

Seems like they'd want to keep him in this week to adjust w/o T.O. in the line up, but I have no clue.

Edited by Gunther

IMO, no way McNabb sits this week. If he were to sit, it would be 4 weeks of inactivity (from last week through their first playoff game). Plus, since T.O. is out for the playoffs, I think A.R. will want to get some continuity going between McNabb and the rest of the WRs. They basically have to find a new identity for the playoffs. I haven't heard Freddie Mitchell's name all year, and that can't continue if they hope to go to the SB. McNabb will play, and I will definitely be starting him!

Edit for grammar.

Edited by Brentastic