[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am thinking of starting Bell over Dom Davis

BIG A

I just hate the match up against the Jags. I realize that Davis will get allot of opportunities, but don't the Jags understand who they need to key on? Bell will get less touches, but he may bust one or two for scores. I have see allot of talk about this, and there is something to be said about going with your studs, but when do match ups trump the stud theory? Thanks for any advice you give me.

Edited by BIG A

I just hate the match up against the Jags.  I realize that Davis will get allot of opportunities, but don't the Jags understand who they need to key on?  Bell will get less touches, but he may bust one or two for scores.  I have see allot of talk about this, and there is something to be said about going with your studs, but when do match ups trump the stud theory?  Thanks for any advice you give me.

630158[/snapback]

Yep, same situation with me. Except I have the BUS, DD, Droughns and Bell, and Julius Jones. UG...what to do?

I'm leaning towards starting the BUS and Bell....I know its not much help...and on second thought, should I start BOTH Droughns and Bell????

Wow, I'm all messed up....

Yep, same situation with me.  Except I have the BUS, DD, Droughns and Bell, and Julius Jones.  UG...what to do?

I'm leaning towards starting the BUS and Bell....I know its not much help...and on second thought, should I start BOTH Droughns and Bell????

Wow, I'm all messed up....

630167[/snapback]

Well, I was lucky enough to pick up Larry Johnson and already have Edge inked for a starting spot. I personally don't like the Bus this week. Wow, you really have some decisions to make. I would go JJ and Bell. I like the Dallas O-line better than the Texans.

I just hate the match up against the Jags.  I realize that Davis will get allot of opportunities, but don't the Jags understand who they need to key on?  Bell will get less touches, but he may bust one or two for scores.  I have see allot of talk about this, and there is something to be said about going with your studs, but when do match ups trump the stud theory?  Thanks for any advice you give me.

630158[/snapback]

An injured guy who's not starting over DD? I don't see why, regardless of the matchup.

An injured guy who's not starting over DD? I don't see why, regardless of the matchup.

630188[/snapback]

That is really good point. Looking at the predictions around the internet suggest that Bell will have a good game, but they all come with a disclaimer. Maybe I don't need to take the chance.

That is really good point.  Looking at the predictions around the internet suggest that Bell will have a good game, but they all come with a disclaimer.  Maybe I don't need to take the chance.

630197[/snapback]

I wouldn't.

If you want to play it safe...go with DD. He should get lots of looks. He is a threat through the air and on the ground.

If you need to hit a homerun, take Bell. Granted...he is injured, but he was injured last week as well...look how involved he got...and look what he did with the touches that he got.

The call is yours, but if it were me...I would play it safe in the FF playoffs.

Good Luck.

Ben

I wouldn't.

630202[/snapback]

The reason the disclaimer is there is because honestly nobody knows. It's a complete crap shoot. There aren't any past experiences to project against, other than college ball of course. I am stuck with the same problem. DD, Goings, and Tatum Bell.

It is literally a flip of the coin. Droughns could have an outstanding game and Tatum may not see more than 5 carries. Maybe he will reinjure his shoulder. Maybe they'll have him work on his blocking and save him for the playoffs.

Since Droughns is starting against Ten I would imagine he will have an awsome game if he is really the starter. I know Shanny says Droughns will be the starter, maybe he's being coy. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I think I am starting DD and Goings.

Good Luck!

Edited by 1badfish

That is really good point.  Looking at the predictions around the internet suggest that Bell will have a good game, but they all come with a disclaimer.  Maybe I don't need to take the chance.

630197[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at JJones' matchup this week with Bell sitting on my bench. But I can't figure out what's going on in Shanahan's head, so I'm leaving Bell on the bench. I'd rather take my chances with a guy I know is going to start and at least get a few yards than someone who may never even get on the field, or who may play two snaps, fumble, and then ride the pine the rest of the game. Even if Bell was the designated starter, I'd be nervous, but given that he's not, I'd say stay away and go with the guys you know are going to start.