[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Texas Will Run The Table" - Roy Williams

Kansas State 2000

Austin, TX - Despite a loss Saturday to Arkansas, Texas receiver Roy Williams is talking and talking big -- saying his Longhorns will run the table and win the rest of their games this season.

A report in the Dallas Morning News says the senior wideout told reporters that 13th-ranked Texas would win the remaining ten games of the season -- games that include Top 25 opponents Kansas State, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

Williams took the blame for Saturday's ten-point loss to Arkansas, saying his fumble in the first quarter helped turn the tide in the Razorbacks' favor.

Blame was not limited to Williams however. Linebacker Derrick Johnson and head coach Mack Brown also claimed their parts in the loss.

Texas travels to Houston this Saturday to play the Rice Owls. But, after next week's home game against Tulane, it gets a lot tougher -- Kansas State and top-ranked Oklahoma in back-to-back weeks, then a home game against Nebraska, followed by road trips to Oklahoma State and Texas A&M in November.

If Williams and the Longhorns make good on his prediction, they'll be playing in the Big 12 Championship game on December sixth. But Williams has provided the bulletin board material now for each of the teams in the Big 12 South.

What a bonehead - bulletin board material is right, and it seems a desparate attempt to fire up his teammates. They're gonna wish he'd kept his big mouth shut.

BTW it appears we 3 are the only registered guys on here right now, not counting lurkers.

flatspin:

IF K STATE PLAYED THAT SCHEDULE THEY WOULD LOSE AT LEAST SIX GAMES BUT SINCE NOW OF THOSE TEAMS HAVE A RANKING BELOW 100 THEY WOULDN'T DARE PLAY HAVE THAT DIFFICULT OF A SCHEDULE

Im hardly a KSU apologist, but KSU plays 8 Big 12 games, that is a schedule. Period. Sure they have soem cup cakes, but Marshall proved to be a worthy opponent and KSU with Roberson is still a top 5 team imo. I believe KSU and OU will both beat Texas en route to a rumble in the big 12 Championship. My hope is OU survives undefeated and meets OSU in the National Championship Game.

Well OSU getting there may be far fetched, but I can dream about this ass kicking matchup cant I. brow