[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The GRAND DADDY of 'em all

theeohiostate

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take away Young's TDs and Michigan wins going away. What's the point? ST is part of the game.

Besides Texas still could've stopped Michigan after conceding bad field position. They didn't.

638900[/snapback]

The point is that Texas' D is a lot better than the score indicated. Thesoontobeleavingthehuddle has been slamming Big 12 D's. I wonder how much yardage the D actually gave up.

The point is that Texas' D is a lot better than the score indicated.  Thesoontobeleavingthehuddle has been slamming Big 12 D's.  I wonder how much yardage the D actually gave up.

638911[/snapback]

Better than the score indicated. I'd agree. A lot better, I don't think so. Michigan drove the ball all game with ease and converted scoring opportunities into TDs.

Congrats to Texas, they aren't nearly as over rated as i thought.

The D in the Big 12 must be a concern for Homers as they are giving up about 33 PPG this bowl season and here comes USC after OU.  They should be able to score at will.

638916[/snapback]

As a Texas fan I really dislike OU, but you are sooooo wrong. OU has the best D in the Big 12, and one of the best if not the best in the nation. If you think USC will score at will, you either haven't watched OU much, or you are blinded by your hate. I'm not saying OU will shut them out, but no way USC scores at will.

As a Texas fan I really dislike OU, but you are sooooo wrong.  OU has the best D in the Big 12, and one of the best if not the best in the nation.  If you think USC will score at will, you either haven't watched OU much, or you are blinded by your hate.  I'm not saying OU will shut them out, but no way USC scores at will.

638927[/snapback]

I watched as OU gave up 35 to A&M and OK St., as i also watched Tenn and OSU shut those teams out.

Way to go Vince Young and Texas, on your first ever trip to Pasadena! We called off the rain just for the parade and the game - hope you enjoyed your stay. Now the rain can come again, ruining the rest of my weekend.

Great game....hope all the 4 BCS bowls are close games....

As a Texas fan I really dislike OU, but you are sooooo wrong.  OU has the best D in the Big 12, and one of the best if not the best in the nation.  If you think USC will score at will, you either haven't watched OU much, or you are blinded by your hate.  I'm not saying OU will shut them out, but no way USC scores at will.

638927[/snapback]

I really don't have a good feel for this game. My initial thought was that USC would win in a blowout, because of their firepower. But Oklahoma has the ingredients that they were missing last year(solid running game, good defense). How good that defense really is, will be known in a couple of days.

Besides, USC has shown plenty of vulnerability on defense itself and Lindell White is doubtful for the game. This may end up being one of the best title games ever.

I watched as OU gave up 35 to A&M and OK St., as i also watched Tenn and OSU shut those teams out.

638932[/snapback]

OU gave up 14 pts in each game on Special Teams. 21 pts on defense without both of its current starting Corner Backs. Well, A Walker burned his redshirt at half of the A@M game on Nov 6 and OU hasnt giving up a TD on defense since.

BTW, 1 dimensional Texas just ran right through the big 10 Champs in thier bowl.

I hate texas, but if I have to root for them once, to get rid of your sorry ass. Id gladly do it.

Pack your bags, OU is going to bring home the ADT Crystal Trophy.

OU gave up 14 pts in each game on Special Teams.  21 pts on defense without both of its current starting Corner Backs.  Well, A Walker burned his redshirt at half of the A@M game on Nov 6 and OU hasnt giving up a TD on defense since.

BTW, 1 dimensional Texas just ran right through the big 10 Champs in thier bowl. 

I hate texas, but if I have to root for them once, to get rid of your sorry ass.  Id gladly do it. 

Pack your bags, OU is going to bring home the ADT Crystal Trophy.

638947[/snapback]

I guess Special Teams points don't count :D

Really, we all know you root for Texas in your sleep.

USC 37+ OU 17-

Congratulations to Vince Young. One Man wrecking crew. That was Michigans big question mark coming in. They have been horrible against the mobile QB's. Any other QB but Vince Young on that Texas team, and Michigan wins. Thats a credit to the kind of spectacular game Young had.

As for the D's, I'd say both D's played great at times, and were horrible at other times.

NO I DON'T THINK SO!!

I beleive what you thought was the Texas would KILL Michigan and OK ST. would KILL OSU and A&M would KILL Tenn...........1 out of 3.      You think?  :D

These teams would all have 3+ losses in our conference

638890[/snapback]

:D I don't understand that last sentence. Texas just beat the Big 10's "best" team. Oklahoma State had 4 losses this year and A&M had 3 losses this year. How does this make you feel so proud by saying they would have 3+ losses in "your" conference?

I'm a Big Ten fan, and this was the Big 12's best win over hte Big Ten ever. 2nd place Texas over First Place Michigan in the grand daddy. Once again, lets give Vince Young some more cred, guy couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, but he is a heckuva runner, and ran circles around a good Michigan team. Give Texas some credit.

:D I don't understand that last sentence.  Texas just beat the Big 10's "best" team.  Oklahoma State had 4 losses this year and A&M had 3 losses this year.  How does this make you feel so proud by saying they would have 3+ losses in "your" conference?

638954[/snapback]

As usual you have misread a statement as i was referring to another statement that didn't involve you but your main man and then you came to his rescue and they would all have 3+ loses and not 0.

Clear enough? When someone is not talking to you, why butt in? Does Sarge pay you to protect him or something?

Thank the Lord for Jan 4th when both of you clowns will be gone :D

Edited by theeohiostate

I'm a Big Ten fan, and this was the Big 12's best win over hte Big Ten ever. 2nd place Texas over First Place Michigan in the grand daddy. Once again, lets give Vince Young some more cred, guy couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, but he is a heckuva runner, and ran circles around a good Michigan team. Give Texas some credit.

638958[/snapback]

I wish I could find the post but, I do recall making a comment (and yes bandwagon boy, sarge did agree with me) that Michigan did not have an answer for Vince Young. There isn't a mobile QB like Young in all of the Big 10.

BTW GWPFFL, appreciate you showing integrity by giving credit where credit it due. I'm certainly not a Texas fan but, am rooting for the Big 12. Awfully big of you unlike some of your cohorts.

Anyone else notice the farther into the bowl season we get the more incoherient thesoontobeleavingthehuddle gets?

638956[/snapback]

:D

For once we agree, Sarge and Midway confuse me as well. B)

But wait no futher than Jan 4th as they'll both be gone, and you'll have a NEW SHINY sig line to wear :D

As usual you have misread a statement as i was referring to another statement that didn't involve you but your main man and then you came to his rescue and they would all have 3+ loses and not 0.

Clear enough?  When someone is not talking to you, why butt in?  Does Sarge pay you to protect him or something?

Thank the Lord for Jan 4th when both of you clowns will be gone  :D

638959[/snapback]

Hey pot! Have you meet my friend kettle?

I wish I could find the post but, I do recall making a comment (and yes bandwagon boy, sarge did agree with me) that Michigan did not have an answer for Vince Young.  There isn't a mobile QB like Young in all of the Big 10. 

BTW GWPFFL, appreciate you showing integrity by giving credit where credit it due.  I'm certainly not a Texas fan but, am rooting for the Big 12.  Awfully big of you unlike some of your cohorts.

638963[/snapback]

Ah, yes. Such a big man. As i see you going around and giving praise to other conferences like Sarge :D

Get your hipocritical Athena outta here. No one needs to be patrionized by you!

Ah, yes.  Such a big man.  As i see you going around and giving praise to other conferences like Sarge  :D

Get your hipocritical Athena outta here. No one needs to be patrionized by you!

638968[/snapback]

Show me where I praised any other conference other than the Big 12...

Go for it! I'll be waiting.

I have no cohorts, I call it the way I see it. Big 12 is having an exceptional Bowl Season, but so is the Big Ten. Going 2-1 vs the SEC, 1-1 vs the Big 12 certainly isn't bad.

My Hawks won today, and thats what I'm most excited about. Only 7 losses in the last 3 years, 4 conference losses, 2 Big Ten Titles. I'm pretty excited about next year, with almost everyone on D returning, except for Roth and Babineaux. Those losses hurt. Conference Champions despite being down to their 5th string running back for much of they year. There offense was, Drew Tate drop back, run for your life, and make a play. I'm pumped for next year though.

Vince Young some more cred, guy couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, but he is a heckuva runner, and ran circles around a good Michigan team. Give Texas some credit.

638958[/snapback]

He actually had a desent passing game today, he went 16 of 28 for 183 yds 1td and 1 int. I saw atleast three flat out dropped balls. His receivers are laughable. Give him some receivers, and you will see some better passing numbers. Look at last year when he had Roy Williams. With the exception of last years OU game and the Holliday Bowl, he was a stud last year.