[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The GRAND DADDY of 'em all

theeohiostate

Well the entire 4th Quarter was all Vince Young running the ball, and without him runnning the ball, its very doubtful Texas woulda pulled that one out. Frustrated me to watch, but man he is exciting. I agree with you about your wr's. But it all came down to the fact that Michigan couldnt stop Young running. That was the difference.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no cohorts, I call it the way I see it. Big 12 is having an exceptional Bowl Season, but so is the Big Ten. Going 2-1 vs the SEC, 1-1 vs the Big 12 certainly isn't bad.

My Hawks won today, and thats what I'm most excited about. Only 7 losses in the last 3 years, 4 conference losses, 2 Big Ten Titles. I'm pretty excited about next year, with almost everyone on D returning, except for Roth and Babineaux. Those losses hurt. Conference Champions despite being down to their 5th string running back for much of they year. There offense was, Drew Tate drop back, run for your life, and make a play. I'm pumped for next year though.

638973[/snapback]

If they can start getting top-25 recruiting classes, and with Ferentz at the helm, the Hawks could be a perennial contender. Very impressed with Ferentz, except the clock mangement today at the end of the game :D

Well the entire 4th Quarter was all Vince Young running the ball, and without him runnning the ball, its very doubtful Texas woulda pulled that one out. Frustrated me to watch, but man he is exciting. I agree with you about your wr's. But it all came down to the fact that Michigan couldnt stop Young running. That was the difference.

638985[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't know whether or not to look forward to next year or not. Texas has some decent young recievers that should develope nicely, but with Benson going, I sure hope Selvin Young can come back strong from his injury and pick up some slack.

That was as much Tates fault as Ferentz. I was Oprahing screaming. And then it was complete chaos, with the clock starting early and all. Next thing I know, I'm jumping up and down celebrating with my nephew.

Ferentz will have his best recruiting class yet this year. Could be a Top 10 class. Just signed the Top Fullback in the nation this past week.

What good is a fullback, if he has no one to block for. 

Personally Iowa was lucky to escape LSU today, its as simple as that.  they led the whole game, before LSU finally wakes up and scores 14 pts, only to have the final pass of the game win it for the Hawkeyes. 

I simply dont think you can call 3-3 and your Champion getting beat in 2 consecutive Rose Bowls appearances a success.  But I suppose when you were 3-6 last yr in bowls, 3-3 is an upgrade. 

The Big 12 going 4-2 is nto surprising.  I didnt think Tech would beat Cal, but I said it would be a fun game to watch.  I did however think A@M would win in what amounted to a home game and they were embarassed.  They were excited to be there, had the crowd behind them, and flat out got the snot kicked out of them.

639012[/snapback]

ROFL k whatever Sarge. 2 of your wins came against Mid Majors. Iowa or LSU both could hang with anyone right now at this point in the year. I personally think Oklahoma is lucky they beat Texas A & M and Oklahoma State. and clearly your 4-2 effort is an upgrade from last year, but 2 wins came against UTEP and Miami OH. Minnesota ran through the nations 2nd best rushing defense. A defense that didnt give up a 100 yard rusher all year long, and against Minnesota, they gave up TWO. Ohio State KILLED Oklahoma State, a team that YOU said would run the table in the Big Ten. Michigan got beat by Texas. Texas won by 1. Win is a win, but I seem to remember you saying they'd KILL Michigan by much much more than that. Congratulations, that is the Big 12's 3rd victory EVER over the Big Ten in a bowl game. I gave my props to Texas for that win. Texas Tech was indeed impressive over Cal. Oklahoma still needs to play against USC, and I have serious doubts that they can win that game right now after seeing the bowls. Oklahomas 2 big claims to fame combined to lose 71-14 to there Bowl opponents. Bottom line is Iowa won, in arguablly the best bowl game this season, on an amazing play. Once again, I'd like to see Oklahoma lose there first 4 rb's on there depth chart and win their conference. Doubt if old buckle knees White coulda pulled that off.

What good is a fullback, if he has no one to block for. 

Personally Iowa was lucky to escape LSU today, its as simple as that.  they led the whole game, before LSU finally wakes up and scores 14 pts, only to have the final pass of the game win it for the Hawkeyes. 

I simply dont think you can call 3-3 and your Champion getting beat in 2 consecutive Rose Bowls appearances a success.  But I suppose when you were 3-6 last yr in bowls, 3-3 is an upgrade. 

The Big 12 going 4-2 is nto surprising.  I didnt think Tech would beat Cal, but I said it would be a fun game to watch.  I did however think A@M would win in what amounted to a home game and they were embarassed.  They were excited to be there, had the crowd behind them, and flat out got the snot kicked out of them.

639012[/snapback]

I guess you after you claimed how the Big 12 had the best D's in the country and most of their teams would go undefeated in the Big 10 and SEC, you consider giving up an average of 30+ point per game a success, i'd be amused by what you'd consider a failure :D

Oklahomas 2 big claims to fame combined to lose 71-14 to there Bowl opponents. 

:D:D

and the other beats a team by 1, who backed it's way into the bowl game B)

and to compound problems for the OU, the Big 12 is giving up 30+ PPG this bowl season and every team that OU faced , in the bowls, their opponents have scored more than OU did against them.

I say USC wins ..........HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEE!!!

Edited by theeohiostate

I suppose you're right, if you lose your first 4 running backs, and have to play most of the season with your 5th string, you wouldn't have anyone to block for. But as you know, players come back. Jermelle Lewis is a very good running back, who blew his acl early on. Albert Young is a very promising back that also blew his acl. Both of them will be back. So there is 2 people to block for, oh yeah, and that Drew Tate guy too.

I suppose you're right, if you lose your first 4 running backs, and have to play most of the season with your 5th string, you wouldn't have anyone to block for. But as you know, players come back. Jermelle Lewis is a very good running back, who blew his acl early on. Albert Young is a very promising back that also blew his acl. Both of them will be back. So there is 2 people to block for, oh yeah, and that Drew Tate guy too.

639034[/snapback]

I agree, Texas should thank their lucky stars it wasn't Iowa they were facing, their D is MUCH better.

My own personal feeling, is Iowa or LSU coulda beat either one of them today. But of course I'm biased. I guarantee, Vince Young wouldn't have ran circles around Iowa like that. Michigan flat out sucks vs mobile QB's. That much is clear.

639037[/snapback]

Yes, Troy Smith made them look just as silly. Even my Bucks D, could have defended much better.

:D  :D

and the other beats a team by 1, who backed it's way into the bowl game  B)

and to compound problems for the OU, the Big 12 is giving up 30+ PPG this bowl season and every team that OU faced , in the bowls, their opponents have scored more than OU did against them. 

I say USC wins ..........HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEE!!!

639032[/snapback]

The team they beat by 1 was the LiL 10 champ, or did you already forget that??? And as for backing into the Rose bowl, I think Texas Tech put that rumor to sleep!!!! UT deserved to be there and they won. I think the LiL 10's (west and north) are just :yay: because the Big 12 has come into "their" house (the rose bowl) and won the two meetings they have been in!!!!! :D:DB)

Put that shiat in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team they beat by 1 was the LiL 10 champ, or did you already forget that??? And as for backing into the Rose bowl, I think Texas Tech put that rumor to sleep!!!! UT deserved to be there and they won. I think the LiL 10's (west and north) are just  :D  because the Big 12 has come into "their" house (the rose bowl) and won the two meetings they have been in!!!!! :D  B)  :D

Put that shiat in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

639048[/snapback]

Lil 10? What confence is that? AH! now i see, it's your avatar. Okay i get it now.

:D

Congratulations Texans fans. Great game! I thought my guys had your guys when they were leading 31-21.

I don't follow the Big 12, so this was the first time I've seen Vince Young play. Cripes almighty!! :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: I can't remember the last time I watched a running QB with such speed!! He makes Michael Vick look like a slow poke. We don't have QBs like Young in the Big Ten (thank God). My guys never do well against QBs who can run, but I never imagined they would give up such a huge game to a QB! They'd blitz him and he run for a score. They'd sit back in coverage and he would nickle and dime pass his way down the field. How does anybody contain this guy?

Vince Young should be a contender for the 2005 Heisman, unless his coach screws up the season someway, some how next year.

I hope you guys will give some credit to Chad Henne. Four TD passes. Great performance for a freshman, huh?

iowa was biatch slapped and Texas just beat Michigan in their bowl. 

:D

Iowa beat LSU..... I know you don't follow college football that much by some of the stupid posts you make but i would figure you might have watched the bowls :D

Can't wait for your departure so we can talk some football FACTS in this forum without all your conference bashing B)

it will be proven Auburn should be in that game vs OU, 

You keep complimenting Auburn like your little sister cheerleads for them :D

Where was this logic last year when clearly LSU and USC deserved to play in the title game?

I guess you think OU should play regardless of the other contenders .

OU would be fortunate to go through the Big 10 or SEC with less than 2 loses.

As a matter of fact it should be OU vs UTAH and USC should be facing Auburn like you said for the title, then i'd give OU a chance otherwise its:

USC 37+ OU 17-

LMAO, I suppose after Cals showing and Texas just beating Michigan, Michigan also backed into that game, since they clearly couldnt beat Texas who backed in.  What a F'n tool.

Iowa coudlnt hang with Michigan when they played them the first time.  Im sick of the exucses, iowa was biatch slapped and Texas just beat Michigan in their bowl. 

Cal who supposedly deserved to be in teh Rose Bowl, couldnt even beat the 4th best team in the Big 12 south, and right now the Big 12 has what 4 wins out of 6 with the big one to go.  Like I said many times, I aint into whos conference is better, but when Texas the #2 team beats your conference Champion and OU shuts Texas Out, I think its clear those 2 for sure would win the Big 10.

Fact is you can twist it any way you like, but these are the only facts that count

Big 12 is 4-2

Big 10 is 3-3

Big 10 Champ was just beat by the runner up in the Big 12 South.

Big 12 is clearly better

Period, end of Story...

And after Tuesday night when another Big 12 teams clips the other so called BCS worthy Pac-10 team, it will be proven Auburn should be in that game vs OU, and th Pac-10 is as weak as the Big East.

639060[/snapback]

what excuse did I make for Iowa? What excuse DO I HAVE to make? Iowa beat LSU. 30-25. Iowa has won 10 games. 10-2. Iowa was Big Ten Champions. Iowa will be in the final Top 10 (the one that counts) for the 3rd straight year. I don't have to make any excuses. Michigan beat us. You're right they did. Where did I say any differently? You're the one trying to diminish Iowa's bowl win, and the Big Ten in general. You're the MORON that said Oklahoma State would run the table in the Big Ten. I don't have to make an excuse for a 10-2 record, a win in the biggest of hte non bcs bowls, and a conference championship. You on the other hand, need to make an excuse for everything. Whether its last years big 12 championship, last years national championship, or the fact that the Sooners *** near lost to A & M and Oklahoma State, two teams that didn't just get beat in there bowls games, but got WAXED. USC 30 Oklahoma 20.

I, unlike some people on this board, am a little more objective. Oklahoma deserves to be in the national championship game IMO. They went through the Big 12, and WON the conference. Last year, they didn't deserve to be in the title game. IM not saying Auburn or USC doesn't deserve to be there this year, cuz both of them do too. It's just a huge mess. If Auburn beats Va Tech, no matter who wins on Tuesday, people will be saying, "Well they shoulda been playing Auburn!" Auburn, IMO, is the best team. But thats just one mans opinion. I think game for game, week for week, the SEC is the strongest of the 3 conferences. You beat teams like Tennessee, Georgia, and LSU in the same season, plus win against your biggest rivals on the road in a game that coulda easily been a let down, you deserve to be there. I don't know what college football has come too, when an undefeated Southeastern Conference Champion, won't have a crack at the national championship. All it is is the preseason hype. Had Auburn started higher, they would be there. Thats the problem with the BCS. If you have a scenario of 3 undefeated teams like this, then its always gonna go to the two teams that were ranked highest in preseason. Unfair? Certainly. But it's just as unfair to say that Oklahoma doesn't deserve to be here, cuz they went undefeated and won their conference. IMO, that makes you national championship material, and worthy of being in the title game.

I think USC got to the Orange Bowl by default, and IMO rightfully so, because they have a right to defend their national championship. Auburn came close to Oklahoma, but Oklahoma started off higher, and went through unblemished, so they are in. Auburn deserves to be their too, they just are #3. It's just a screwed up system. I say, if you aren't gonna have a playoff, stop screwing with tradition, and go back to the old system. But, I'm a traditionalist, and a rare specie nowadays.

I think USC got to the Orange Bowl by default, and IMO rightfully so, because they have a right to defend their national championship. Auburn came close to Oklahoma, but Oklahoma started off higher, and went through unblemished, so they are in. Auburn deserves to be their too, they just are #3. It's just a screwed up system. I say, if you aren't gonna have a playoff, stop screwing with tradition, and go back to the old system. But, I'm a traditionalist, and a rare specie nowadays.

639086[/snapback]

IMO USC didn't deserve a piece of LSU's championship to defend!!.... The AP tucked their tail between their legs and ran this year because the BCS slighted Cal, just like they felt last year...that USC got slighted, so what do they do give USC the AP champ tag WAFJ!!!!!! So now the AP isn't part of the BCS, big deal the AP can go jump off a cliff.....The "writers" are so west coast bias thats it's not even funny!!!!!!!!!

Well TT proved Cal DID NOT deserve to be in the Rose Bowl, and UT proved they belonged!!!! Numbers don't lie, TT and UT both winners deserved to be where they were!!!!!! As for this year the jury is still out, I believe that Aub and OU should be playing for the trophy, but as an OU fan I like the matchup with USC much much better!!!!!

OU 42 USC 24

OU 21 Aub 20