Sign in to follow this  
theeohiostate

54-10

:bigshock:

I had predicted 37+ for USC and 17- for OU, I'd say that counts as correct.

So what is the highest score by one team in a Bowl? There is still 9:48 to go in the game in this one!

Out coached and completely out played. To think that sarge posted just yesterday that USC only has 2 players that could start at OU. Well, OU doens't have a single player or coach that could start for USC. What a thrashing...

So what is the highest score by one team in a Bowl? There is still 9:48 to go in the game in this one!

642960[/snapback]

Hawaii had 59

642960[/snapback]

nebraska stomped all over my Gators in the 95 championship game. They put up 62.

nebraska stomped all over my Gators in the 95 championship game.  They put up 62.

642979[/snapback]

I thought he was asking for this year?

I thought he was asking for this year?

642982[/snapback]

No, I was not clear on that, sorry. I meant all time. I tried to find the answer quickly, I've seen some high scoring games but not during the bowls. I came across a Georgia Tech beatdown of Cumberland for 222-0, though it was not a bowl game:

John Heisman (for whom the Heisman Trophy is named) once coached Georgia Tech to a 222-0 win over tiny Cumberland College.

The game took place on October 7, 1916, and gave Heisman a chance to redeem himself. He was also coach of the Tech baseball team, which had been embarrassed by Cumberland by a score of 22-0 one year before.

In football, Cumberland was heavily outmatched by a Georgia Tech team that would go on to win the national championship the next year. The records that were set in this game are too numerous to list, but here are a few highlights:

Tech scored on every possession, with 63 points in each of the first two quarters. Jim Preas attempted 18 point-after-touchdown kicks, all in the first half, and converted every one of them. Cumberland never garnered a first down, and their longest play of the day was a 10-yard pass play. Too bad for them, it was fourth down and 22 yards to go at the time.

Ramblin' wreck, indeed.

^^Although that is a moot point, USC is taking it easy and will not surpass Hawaii's score for this year. Just thinking this might have been a game where they were getting close to the record.