[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you could only keep one

Tommyknocker

10 team, inflated performance scoring league. 1 pt per reception 1 pt for every 5 carries, 1 pt for every 10 yds rushing and recieving extra pts for yds per carry and yds per reception. We keep 5 players with no time limit or draft compensation, limit no more than 3 players at any one position. Can start 0-3 RBs.

OK with all that being said my other backs are Duece M and Shaun A. So which of the 2 Jones boys would you keep?

Right now I'm leaning towards Kevin. Any thoughts?

You'd be making a huge mistake in keeping Kevin Jones over Julius Jones. JJ should be a top-5 RB next season. Kevin got a little hot at the end of the season, but did nothing to merit keeping him, unless your other choices were Pittman and Barlow, for instance.

JJ should be a top-5 RB next season. 

656039[/snapback]

I don't know that I'd go that far yet, actually I know I wouldn't, but I would definitely keep Julius over Kevin...Parcells loves to pound the ball with the run and Jones showed towards the end of the season that he can carry a 25-30 carry a game load. Mariucci has never really shown a strong commitment to the run.

I don't know that I'd go that far yet, actually I know I wouldn't, but I would definitely keep Julius over Kevin...Parcells loves to pound the ball with the run and Jones showed towards the end of the season that he can carry a 25-30 carry a game load.  Mariucci has never really shown a strong commitment to the run.

656154[/snapback]

Shoulda said "could" instead of "should". :D

I personally have the 2005 RBs ranked as such:

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Davis

4. McGahee

5. Holmes

After that, you could consider Portis (rebound year?), Dillon, Edge, Lewis, or as I noted, Jones. With two of the top-5 RBs having injury history (Holmes, McGahee), one who had a slight fumbling problem this past season (Davis), and another which may not be playing for the same team (Alexander)... you never know who could slide into that elite set.

Shoulda said "could" instead of "should".  :D

656273[/snapback]

I can agree with that then. :D

I personally have the 2005 RBs ranked as such:

1.  LT

2.  Alexander

3.  Davis

4.  McGahee

5.  Holmes

After that, you could consider Portis (rebound year?), Dillon, Edge, Lewis, or as I noted, Jones.  With two of the top-5 RBs having injury history (Holmes, McGahee), one who had a slight fumbling problem this past season (Davis), and another which may not be playing for the same team (Alexander)... you never know who could slide into that elite set.

Yep, there was another thread about the top picks next year and I agree completely...it's going to be very hard to rank the RBs next season based on so many big names having off years, and a few young guys turning it on towards the end of the year. After LT and Alexander, you could make a pretty good argument for any one of about 10 guys as the next RB taken. I tend to look first at guys who catch a lot of passes, and judging by where you put Dom, it looks like you feel the same way.

Edited by Skrappy1

Hands down...JJ over KJ.

Good Luck. Keep them both if you have a borderline keeper that you can drop instead of one of them.

Ben