[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons vs. Eagles

broncosn05

He's not pulling for Atlanta, he just lives in Philly , you have to be one to understand.

I see that Joe Thiesman is picking the Falcons and Patriots. That makes me all the more confident in my picks the other way.

I like the Eagles to frustrate Mike Vick, maybe pick a pass or two, and win handily 27-17.

If you're so sure why aren't you putting your avie and sig on the line???

660339[/snapback]

You know, I make an ash of myself on a semi-regular basis during the season here in the Huddle. I see no need to inflict further public humiliation on myself. Plus, when you get right down to it, I don't care as much about who wins as much as I care about having a Superbowl that holds my interest past the first half.

[Aren't the Lambs considered a "Passing" team?

I think that particular "Passing" team got their butts handed to them by the Falcons, just this past weekend.] Quote

Notice I said with a good offensive line. The "Lambs" have Orlando and that's it. Tra Thomas and John Runyun will handle the ends (which is the heart of ATL DEF) and the RB will help double, leaving McNabb enough time to pick ATl apart. ATL will struggle against a good defense this week. The Eagles have enough speed to contain Mr Vick.

Edited by Eagle2003

The Eagles, Phlli, and Eagles' Fans suck. Atlanta 17 - The much maligned and marginally talented Eagles 3.

You guys are becoming the Buffalo Bills of the NFC championship game. I cna't wait to watch the Eagles' Fans to have to wait another year before they lose in the NFC Championship game, for the FIFTH TIME. MAybe next year you guys can lose to the Saints, that way the whole NFC South will have kicked your d*icks into the dirt when it matters the most (second most, actually).

I'll say the opposite of BigScore- PHILADELPHIA must break out in a big lead or they lose. In the close playoff games they choke. They know what the Buffalo Bills are to the SuperBowl they are to NFC Championship Game.

The Bills are remembered more for their losses because it was during the SuperBowl. Believe me, the Eagles know their recent history. Maybe the fans throughout the country don't pay attention to it as much, but their local Philly fans sure do. There's a lot of pressure on them to get into the SuperBowl.

I'm hoping they do get that big lead and get that adrenaline flowing like they did last week.

GO EAGLES!

Tra Thomas and John Runyun will handle the ends (which is the heart of ATL DEF)

660489[/snapback]

I think you are selling DT Rod Coleman and his 11.5 regular season sacks + 1 play off sack a little short aren't you?

The entire Falcon front four is strong, not just the ends. If the Eagles concentrate solely on the DE's Kerney, Smith & Hall, then Coleman & Jasper will feast on McNabb.

Throw in a blitz or two from Brookings and Williams and with Thomas & Runyan focusing on trying to contain and block the DE's, McNabb will be eating a lot of snow covered turf this weekend.

You are probably not really famaliar with Atlanta's D, but their isn't a weakness amongst the front four or their linbackers. The way to beat the Falcons is through the air and even that isn't easy.

Especially considering the predicted weather.

The weather projected for this game, is the one thing the Eagles did NOT want. It definitely favors the Falcons for both their Offense & Defense.

I'll say the opposite of BigScore-  PHILADELPHIA must break out in a big lead or they lose.

661114[/snapback]

Good post Tega. If Philly jumps out to a big lead, turn out the lights, the party is over.

Atlanta is NOT a team built or geared, to come from behind.