[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Patriots Sig Line Bet

Menudo

Well, there is no reason wasting any time with this one, lets get a bet going. I will update this post as the pariticipants come in and the particulars change. Here is what I propose.

The Rules:

The team that loses wears the opposing teams official logo from NFL.com as their Avatar, as well as, a sig line produced by the winning team from the end of the game on Sunday, Jaunary 23rd every day until exactly one week following the Super Bowl. (Sunday, February 13th)

The Participants:

Steelers: Menudo, Steeler, Pigskin Junkie, Skippy, Sam, SteelBunz

Patriots: Ugly Tuna, redknightsgoingdown, Ben-waa, Scrambled, msaint,

Viniatieri Is God, SuperBalla, Rellen13, nhoops, georgemoe,

Balzac

The Patriots sig, if the Steelers win:

I, insert foolish Pats fan here, delcare that the Pittsburgh Steelers are clearly the class of the AFC and in two weekends will show that they are the class of the NFL. We should have learned our lesson when they destroyed us earlier this year, but we were blinded by our homerism. We had our run, and it is now OVER !!! Ben Roethlisberger is the greatest young QB to ever step on an NFL field. Tom Brady and his butt chin and handbag doesn't even compare to the greatest, Big Ben. We were completely stupid to think that Corey Dillon could make a difference. He pales in comparison to the Bus and the Duce. We thought our Bill was the mastermind, but that moniker has been taken by Bill Cowher. No one can argue with a 17-1 record, about to be a 18-1 that this Steeler's team had one of the best season's in the history of the NFL. Considering their youth, I see a major dynasty in the making for the Steelers, and the Pats run has officially ended. All Hail the AFC Champions, the Pittsburgh Steelers. WE'VE GOT A FEELING, PITTSBURGH GONNA WIN THE SUPER BOWL !!!! Triple Yoi and Humhah !!!!!!!!!!!

The Steelers sig, if the Patriots win:

I, (insert name), wholeheartedly pledge my undying support and love for the reigning SB Champions, the New England Patriots. I realize that no matter how much the Feelers attempt to imitate the Patriots, they will forever fail to equal their talent. I will go to bed every night, snuggled up with my Tom Brady comforter set, staring at the Adam Vinateri poster on my ceiling, and gazing at the full size cut out of Corey Dillon, and tell myself that everything is OK…the Stalers simply got beat by a better team. Deep inside, I am comforted, since I know that the Black and Gold would not have won even if they had made it to the Big Game. I vow not to complain about poor officiating/stupid rules, and will not make never-ending excuses as to the reasons for Stinksburgh’s defeat…I will not follow the same path as the Raiders fans of 3 years ago, and the Colts fans of last week. The only thing that I will share with said teams is that we all got defeated by the best team in football. Simply put, the Squeelers got outplayed by the next dynasty of the NFL. The Patriots already own 2 rings, and are soon to make it 3.

You see, I was once a blind Steelers fan, but my eyes have been opened…and I can see everything so clear. I have come to realize that the wheels on “The Bus” eventually stop going ‘round and ‘round. Flat tires can only be repaired so many times. He simply can’t run on a first class defense like the Patriots. I now know that the Pats merely kept Dillon out of the game with an “injury” in order to falsely build the Stallers confidence. I would like to give back the “Offensive Player of the Year Award” on behalf of the undeserving man that we call Little Ben. Despite having the best completion % in the AFC…I know that in order to be considered a real QB, you have to throw the football more than 8 times per game. Furthermore, I would like to officially go on the record as stating that the man we call our "QB" is without a doubt the most overrated player in the NFL today, and could not carry Tom Brady's jock strap in a suitcase.

In conclusion, I promise to carry my "Terrible Towel" in my pocket everywhere I go. It will be used as the most expensive snotrag that I have ever purchased…$19.95 well spent. The only time that I will wave that stupid cloth above my head is when I need to dry it. It shall wipe my tears for years to come.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

C'mon Pats fans, come get some........ :D

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team that loses wears the opposing teams official logo from NFL.com as their Avatar, as well as, a sig line produced by the winning team exactly one week following the Super Bowl. (Sunday, February 13th)

657659[/snapback]

I'm in.

But you need to reword this because it could be interpreted to mean the losers have to wear the sigline only for that day. The spirit of the bet is clear to everyone except welchers, but it should probably be changed to remove any loopholes.

I'm in....

I would like to reraise you though.

Loser never shows his face around here no more.  Where the system operatators delete your account.

Pick your poison. Either bet i'm in....just clarify it for me.

Ugly :D Tuna

657980[/snapback]

These are friendly wagers so I do not accept the "reraise".

Figures....

I say walk the walk if you want to talk the talk!

658029[/snapback]

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about how confident I am that the Steelers will win. No matter how confident I am I wouldn't wager my huddle membership on something I have no control over.... it's a dumb thing to do... no wonder you thought of it.

Figures....

I say walk the walk if you want to talk the talk!

658029[/snapback]

You are too weird Tuna. I'm not on either side, but I don't want to see anyone leave forever(except maybe you for being so weird) because of one game.

From ESPN News:

QBs who have faced the Patriots twice in the same season, since 2001 (incl playoffs)

W-L:

1st Game: 5-8

2nd Game: 0-13

Completion %:

1st Game: 59.7

2nd Game: 56.3

Pass YPG:

1st Game: 236.6

2nd Game: 218.6

TD-INT:

1st Game: 17-14

2nd Game: 11-22

Passer Rating:

1st Game: 80.5

2nd Game: 62.9

0-13 !!! 62.9 QB rating is exactly what Manning got on Sunday.

Mmmmm can u say "fresh QB".

If the Steelers lose....you all wear my current SIG!  With some praise to Ugly Tuna thrown in it....

658132[/snapback]

Actually, the Pats participants as a whole should come up with the SIG. Of course, so far, you are the only one.

Edited by Menudo

I thought Pats fans would be all over this.

What's a matter Colonel Sanders, chicken ??????    :D

657947[/snapback]

As for your offer, here is what I wrote in another post:

No go there Tuna, I'm not interested. There is enough riding on this game for me. I will do a sig / avatar bet with any and all Pats fans. I have always been a fan of the Huddle, but I didn't post a whole lot. Recently, I've started liking this place more and more. I am not going to risk banishment against someone like you. Go ahead and do your predictable "Why aren't you confident in your team, you know the Pats are going to win, blah, blah, blah" Fact is, I am very confident in my team, I think they have a great shot at winning, but I am not delusional like someone I know. I am just as sure that there is a chance they will lose. This is going to be a great game and a close one. I think the close game with the Jets was a good thing and the Steelers get it done. I will start a sig / avatar bet post in the near future. Thanks for the offer Tuna.

I'm so confident, that I would make a outrageous bet like that.  I guess your not that confident in you team as you once thought.  Vegas even likes the Patriots!

658044[/snapback]

Not too hard to make outrageous bets when you have no intention on honoring them if you lose. :D

As I posted in the keggerz "Should I stay or should I go now?" thread:

Would you people please stop with the "loser to leave the site forever" bets? Either bust out the wallet & have a 3rd party hold the funds for a wager or make a sig line bet with specific enough ground rules to make it meaningful (period of time, # of posts required, etc.).

This is getting to be ridiculous.