[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sugar bowl

Sgt. Ryan

Wow, I have to say I never expected OU to be sweating this. But 35-7 will do that. My guess is they still get in the game as they lost to the best(highest rated) team of the 3 - 1 loss teams and they dominated all yr and will remain very high in all the computers and won't fall any lower than #3 in either polls and will have the highest SOS of the 3 and will be the only of the 3 teams with quality win pts.. Seems my boys from Norman were a lil over confident and KSU came in and kicked our ass all over the field.

And as sad as this comment is to say, OU helped itself big time in recruiting. Texas not making a BCS game yet again, even though they are ranked #6 in the BCS will send the swaying recruits in Texas who are on the fence between the 2 schools to OU. When Texas cant get to a BCS bowl, let alone a Championship game, recruits are seeing Mack Brown is only a great coach in Feb. This has been well documented in Dallas papers this week. Never thought anything good could come from an ass whipping like this.

Ive been humbled as a fan of this team. But Ive got enough class to give credit to KSU and stick around and take whatever spew that comes my way. I dont make excuses and say yeah but we beat such and such or we are better than such and such. Im shocked at the way OU lost and if they don't make the Sugar Bowl, I definately wouldnt cry fowl.

Listen, OU and LSU are virtual locks, but....

The Notre Dame loss really hurts USC. If LSU AND Boise St wuin tonight, LSU will end up 5 SOS spots higher than USC. If Boise St loses, then LSU would still be in if ranked aheaqd of USC in 6 of the 7 computers, and they will be, or if Georgia stays in the BCS top 10, which is questionable.

For USC to get in, OU would need to lose and drop to 2nd in the polls behind USC yet ahead of LSU. If OU drops to third, OU and LSU still go to the championship.

What makes that unique is that if Oklahoma loses drops to third and USC becomes #1 in both polls, USC still will not play for the championship.

The #1 team in both polls sitting out of the championship game. This is what the BCS is for?

Look for USC to stomp on Michigan in the Rose Bowl as #1 while OU and LSU battle it out for the B©S Championship.

Of course, the college football gods will protect the BCS by having USC lose.

Yuke

Sgt. Ryan:

My guess is they still get in the game as they lost to the best(highest rated) team of the 3 - 1 loss teams and they dominated all yr and will remain very high in all the computers and won't fall any lower than #3 in either polls and will have the highest SOS of the 3 and will be the only of the 3 teams with quality win pts..  Seems my boys from Norman were a lil over confident and KSU came in and kicked our ass all over the field. ...

Nice to see you humbled. OU sucked and swallowed after the first series tonight. A friggin joke! No heart at all!

So guess what, we don't need to hear why OU should still go to Nawlins. OU lost bad (on neutral ground no less), so shut up and take what ever the computer gives you.

go-time:

Sgt. Ryan:

My guess is they still get in the game as they lost to the best(highest rated) team of the 3 - 1 loss teams and they dominated all yr and will remain very high in all the computers and won't fall any lower than #3 in either polls and will have the highest SOS of the 3 and will be the only of the 3 teams with quality win pts..  Seems my boys from Norman were a lil over confident and KSU came in and kicked our ass all over the field. ...

Nice to see you humbled. OU sucked and swallowed after the first series tonight. A friggin joke! No heart at all!

So guess what, we don't need to hear why OU should still go to Nawlins. OU lost bad (on neutral ground no less), so shut up and take what ever the computer gives you.

OU lost in Kansas City, I wouldnt call it neutral ground, and where the game was played had nothing to do with why OU lost. OU was beaten to the punch on offense and defense on virtually every play. Heart had nothing to do with it. OU miscues and great play from KSU is the reason the score is what it is. Im not even saying OU should go to NO, but I think they still will. And Im sure we Sooner fans will take whatever the computers give us. :D

Having no heart would be what the OSU LB did to the Wisconsin QB as they were about to lose that game.

And having 3 - 1 loss teams in the BCS will create controversary regardless of what two teams go to the big game. But OSU wont have a single say as they have 2 loses :rolleyes:

Sgt. Ryan:

go-time:

Sgt. Ryan:

OU lost in Kansas City, I wouldnt call it neutral ground, and where the game was played had nothing to do with why OU lost. OU was beaten to the punch on offense and defense on virtually every play. Heart had nothing to do with it. OU miscues and great play from KSU is the reason the score is what it is. Im not even saying OU should go to NO, but I think they still will. And Im sure we Sooner fans will take whatever the computers give us. :D

Having no heart would be what the OSU LB did to the Wisconsin QB as they were about to lose that game.

And having 3 - 1 loss teams in the BCS will create controversary regardless of what two teams go to the big game. But OSU wont have a single say as they have 2 loses :rolleyes:

YOU forgot The Ohio State university cheats in classroom too...Please..1 WORD FOR YOU BARRY

Sgt. Ryan:

go-time:

Sgt. Ryan:

YOU forgot The Ohio State university cheats in classroom too...Please..1 WORD FOR YOU BARRY EVER READ BOZWORTHS BOOK..lol..pure gangstas.

Sgt. Ryan:

OU lost in Kansas City, I wouldnt call it neutral ground, and where the game was played had nothing to do with why OU lost.

I don't know the distances, but I'm guessing KC is 75-90mi from Manhattan and my point was that the game wasn't a KSt home game. Maybe it was close enough to be a virtual KSt home game (I'll defer to you).

Side note: does that infer anything about the size or travel propesity of Sooner fans? (My only visibility into Sooner Nation strength is from the OU/TX and old OU/Neb rivalry games, from which I assumed "Sooner Nation" travelled well/widely. Maybe not, or maybe this game just didn't warrant the trip.)

Sgt. Ryan:

OU was beaten to the punch on offense and defense on virtually every play.  Heart had nothing to do with it. OU miscues and great play from KSU is the reason the score is what it is.

I disagree completely and whole-heartedly. OU was obviously up/ready and ran right down the field on their first drive. It looked like OU was going to dominate. Then KSt smacked 'em in the mouth and OU looked stunned. Kst did it again and OU just kept taking it...they did not answer...they gave up. That is my definition of a lack of heart.

I'm not saying it isn't possible for lesser teams to beat better teams on any given day, I'm saying when a team with superior talent/coaching/etc. (which everybody seems to think OU had) doesn't at least answer back in part, they just gave up...which again, is my definition of no heart.

IMO, to say otherwise is admitting that KSt is the superior team in talent/coaching/etc. and the game result wasn't a fluke, but is how we should have expected things to turn out. ...and that sure isn't what I've heard you and others say all year (or for that matter, how I saw/see those 2 teams stacking up).

Sgt. Ryan:

Resorting to name calling doesn't reflect well on you Sarge. Doing it weakly, reflects even worse.

Heart had anything to do with Reynolds' choke job. Isn't it more accurate to say that action resulted from him having no brain, no self control and/or no class. Either way, Reynolds is 1 guy and not a whole team...and we were talking about a team not having heart, not one player.

Sgt. Ryan:

And having 3 - 1 loss teams in the BCS will create controversary regardless of what two teams go to the big game.

Agreed...and like most fans, let's hope it spawns a 8-team playoff system in 2006. cool_thu

Sgt. Ryan:

But OSU wont have a single say as they have 2 loses    :D  

Absolutely agreed (and an astute observation on your part). However, since this is a Sugar Bowl thread, we weren't talking about the Buckeyes.

Also, sadly the 3 one-loss teams only have a partial say themselves and are left hoping for a little help to gain an outright NC.

Sgt. Ryan:

Should we even bring up Woody.  Get real.  Im not going down this road.  Those days are long gone. Man as a Cowboy Homer, I get ripped for living in the past.  OSU fans are worse than Dallas fans about that.

I'm with you on this one.

Woody was our great one (with baggage) and I was more than happy to ignore the bad in favor of the good. It just added spice, right.

I'm sure you're the same way with Barry.

...ahh if only we could relive the good ol days.