[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle on the Diamond

Down Goes Frazia

Seeing as Beach has the inter-board sign-up going..... I guess it's time to get the huddle league going as well.

Returning squads should get first dibs on a franchise then we'll take it from there on new owners. Trojan has ran this the past couple years but no longer frequents the huddle so as defending champion :D ..... I'll take the reigns here & get it going.

16 teams - head to head with 6 offensive & 6 pitching catagories. We can tweak them once we get the league owners set. I'm also interesting in making this a small money league....... maybe $10-$20 per team....... not sure what everyone elses thoughts are on that.

At any rate..... list your name here if interested.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yahoo

688434[/snapback]

I'm in one league thru Yahpoo already... was hoping to get into a league on ESPN. Once you buy a team, you're allowed to read all their "premium" articles. Non-owners must pay like 20 bucks or something. Lame.

I'll still consider it... :D

Thanks.

Freebie league, or not?

690076[/snapback]

It's currently a free league and has been all along. Personally, I'd like to add a small fee.... say $20. :D It's a l-o-n-g long baseball season, and only the hardest of hardcore have the ambition to run a baseball squad that long for free. :D the group we had last year was outstanding & competed to the bloody end, but for me, having a small prize @ the end is something I'd like to consider.

I'd be willing to do the legwork & collect the fees as I have a active paypal account. either way, the league will go...... just thought having a small prize pool would make it more fun. B)

Thoughts on having a $20 entry fee ?

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

It's currently a free league and has been all along. Personally, I'd like to add a small fee.... say $20. :D It's a l-o-n-g long baseball season, and only the hardest of hardcore have the ambition to run a baseball squad that long for free. :D  the group we had last year was outstanding & competed to the bloody end, but for me, having a small prize @ the end is something I'd like to consider.

I'd be willing to do the legwork & collect the fees as I have a active paypal account. either way, the league will go...... just thought having a small prize pool would make it more fun. B)

Thoughts on having a $20 entry fee ?

693810[/snapback]

$20 sounds good.......how many spots in the league are open??

$20 sounds good.......how many spots in the league are open??

693823[/snapback]

good question. :D There will be a few for sure..... I'm still waiting to hear from some returning players here....... gonna give it a few more days.

also want to get everyones thoughts on making it a small $$$$ league.

good question. :D There will be a few for sure.....  I'm still waiting to hear from some returning players here....... gonna give it a few more days.

also want to get everyones thoughts on making it a small $$$$ league.

693838[/snapback]

Is this a full redraft, keeper, etc. whats the maximum roster positions.

Sorry if this was covered before and I missed it.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Is this a full redraft, keeper, etc.  whats the maximum roster positions.

Sorry if this was covered before and I missed it.

693842[/snapback]

full redraft.... no keepers. I believe we had 20 roster spots. :D

12 catagories

offensive - runs, HR's, RBI's, SB's, AVG., fielding pct.

pitching - wins, K's, ERA, saves, holds, WHIP.

this is what we used last year....... it can be tweaked of course. 16 teams, weekly head to head and an open roster as long as you can field a offensive lineup.

starting lineups - C, 1B, 2b, 3b, SS, 3OF ( or 1 LF, 1CF, 1RF ) & utility

pitching

6 pitchers total in starting lineup - 2 starters - 2 relievers - 2 utility pitchers ( setup, closer or starter depending on your rotation that day )

Edited by Down Goes Frazia