[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I had my fantasy golf draft...

Squeegiebo

.... whatcha think of my team? I had the first pick overall, and could not bring myself to draft Vijay. :D

Tiger Woods

Padraig Harrington

Darren Clarke

Luke Donald

Lee Westwood

Justin Rose

Peter Lonard

Brad Faxon

Hunter Mahan

Paul Casey

Kevin Stadler

Stephen Leaney

David Duval

D.J. Trahan

Jose Maria Olazabal

Robert Gamez

Hidemichi Tanaka

David Howell

.... whatcha think of my team?    I had the first pick overall, and could not bring myself to draft Vijay.  :D

Tiger Woods

Padraig Harrington

Darren Clarke

Luke Donald

Lee Westwood

Justin Rose

Peter Lonard

Brad Faxon

Hunter Mahan

Paul Casey

Kevin Stadler

Stephen Leaney

David Duval

D.J. Trahan

Jose Maria Olazabal

Robert Gamez

Hidemichi Tanaka

David Howell

691952[/snapback]

I use Yahoo for my golf league and their rules are different, but your team looks good.

Every year we end up with a "Team Europe" in my league. Just happened to be me this year. I ranked my top 180 or so before the draft, and every time it cam back to me, the higest dude left on my list was some non-American. I felt like I was in the Tailgate - dudes kept asking me why I hate America. B)

At least I am looking good for the Open Championship. :D:D

Well, at you least you got your token American with your 1st pick.  :D

Looks like a solid squad Squeegie, good luck this year.

Just for the record though, I would have taken Vijay at #1.  :D

692033[/snapback]

Your boy, the Breasted One, went third and Els 4th, which kind of surprised me, considering that I had seriously considered Els as #1.

fantasy golf = watching flies lipolymphohemangiomas hemihypertrophy!!!ck?

692334[/snapback]

Why must you hate the things you don't understand? Are you turning into a typical Republican?

Besides - what the heck else am I supposed to do in the football offseason: fantasy baseball? :D Golf is more exciting to watch than that crap.

Why must you hate the things you don't understand?  Are you turning into a typical Republican?

Besides - what the heck else am I supposed to do in the football offseason: fantasy baseball?  :D  Golf is more exciting to watch than that crap.

692508[/snapback]

Typical Republican? F U you devil worshiping baby killer. :D

Why must you hate the things you don't understand?  Are you turning into a typical Republican?

Besides - what the heck else am I supposed to do in the football offseason: fantasy baseball?  :D  Golf is more exciting to watch than that crap.

692508[/snapback]

Fantasy AFL (Arena Football League ) The weak qbs produce like manning and scores are in the 100's combined. Fantasy Nirvana.

Edited by Los Gigantes

.... whatcha think of my team?    I had the first pick overall, and could not bring myself to draft Vijay.  :D

Tiger Woods

Padraig Harrington

Darren Clarke

Luke Donald

Lee Westwood

Justin Rose

Peter Lonard

Brad Faxon

Hunter Mahan

Paul Casey

Kevin Stadler

Stephen Leaney

David Duval

D.J. Trahan

Jose Maria Olazabal

Robert Gamez

Hidemichi Tanaka

David Howell

691952[/snapback]

:D

I don't know anyone in a golf league but if anyone ever has an opening in their league....let me know!

692964[/snapback]

I wish I had learned this sooner - we're down 4 teams this year and could have used you!

I'll keep you in mind for next year's league if you're still interested. :D

692508[/snapback]

I was asking, not stating.

i would have taken vijay at number one. he plays in more tournaments than any other golfer, not too mention, his number one status. the international contingent you went with will hurt you in alot of tournaments, unless you get euro pts. as well. duvall won't find his game in the forseeable future, but i think you drafted him really late anyway so no loss there. i love paddy even though he hasn't won on american soil. he shouldbreak through with a win somewhere this yr. and is a solid top ten finisher despite never winning. goodluck....i wish i had gotten into one.

the international contingent you went with will hurt you in alot of tournaments, unless you get euro pts. as well.  ....  i love  paddy even though he hasn't won on american soil.  he shouldbreak through with a win somewhere this yr. and is a solid top ten finisher despite never winning. 

694301[/snapback]

I think you are right - as we only do PGA events (except for the majors and some of the WGC events), I will struggle to field a full lineup in some of the minor events. However, this is a total points league, and points = dollars earned. So if a dude is gonna finish high on the money list, it doesn't really matter to me that he does it only playing 15 or 18 events.

My higher draft picks were influenced by Golf World magazine's preseason top 30, which has Tiger 2nd, Harrington 8th, Donald 17th, Clarke 18th, Westwood 23rd, and Mahan 27th. I certainly hope they're right - as this is an 8-team league (down from 12 last year :D ) and having 6 of the top 30 would be hugh.

What are the lineup restrictions for each week?

695691[/snapback]

We play 5 each week, and we usually pick our lineups after the first round is complete (except for the majors and the match-play championship). There is no penalty for not having 5 guys in the event - it would be the same as if you had guys who did not make the cut (i.e., you get 0 points for those slots).

We have an add-drop every 5 weeks, so I will have the opportunity to dump some of the Euros and pick up some guys who play in more events, should some of the rookies show that they're worth a roster spot.

Donald is a good pick. You definitely should not have a difficult time picking a lineup for the British. Some of the U.S. tournaments, however, may be tough. At least you can add/drop if needed. Easy to say now, but I think this is Phil's year, and I think I would have taken him #1. Any of the four you mentioned would be a safe bet, however. I am in a league where you pick a 5-man lineup each week, with the same scoring as yours. Difference is you share players with everybody else, but can only use an individual player eight times during the 26 week season. We go from Pebble Beach to the PGA Championship in August, just to give us something to do when there's no football. Instead of spending time at the beginning of the season ranking the players, I spend about an hour each week picking players based on past performance in that tournament, as well as who's hot currently, etc. It's a lot of fun and gives me an added element to follow when watching golf, which I enjoy watching anyway.

This week, I elected not to choose Phil, and went with Singh, Howell, Love, Furyk, and Lehman. Looks like I have some catching up to do, as almost everyone picked Mickelson.

Sounds like a cool league. :D But I do like having the draft, and having a unique team. It makes it feel a little more like fantasy football. B)

Ours goes from Pebble Beach through the Tour Championship, about 40 weeks. :D

I agree about Phil, and I was very happy to get him 4th last year. I would have been happy with any of the top 4, and actually tried to trade down when I drew #1, but the only people willing to trade were the ones with the last and second-to-last picks. :D

Down Goes Frazia is also in a league, and we frequently seek each others' advice in this forum regarding lineups. I hope you'll join in the golf talk this year! :D