[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATTENTION ALL ILLINI BASKETBALL FANS

Chargerz

Flat, sleepwalking, tired....they looked all that over the weekend. However, due to them having a relentless defense and the 3 guard look not many can match up with, they didn't have anybody that could hang with them. They would not have won several conference championships (ACC/Big12/Pac10--SEC-maybe) with the way they're currently playing.

I don't like the fact Dee Brown's shot isn't going down as he drew the collar today and only made 2 yesterday.

They are very vulnerable, but should cruise to the Sweet 16....I hope!  :D

732493[/snapback]

I'm sure they ARE tired. I hope 3 days rest will help. Weber's mom dying is probably draining too. I think Weber will have them UP for the final four.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they ARE tired. I hope 3 days rest will help. Weber's mom dying is probably draining too. I think Weber will have them UP for the final four.

732510[/snapback]

That and the cakewalk they got getting there....

Flat, sleepwalking, tired....they looked all that over the weekend. However, due to them having a relentless defense and the 3 guard look not many can match up with, they didn't have anybody that could hang with them. They would not have won several conference championships (ACC/Big12/Pac10--SEC-maybe) with the way they're currently playing.

I don't like the fact Dee Brown's shot isn't going down as he drew the collar today and only made 2 yesterday.

They are very vulnerable, but should cruise to the Sweet 16....I hope!  :D

732493[/snapback]

This is what I freakin saw in the Ohio St game and quite a few others this season. Gil I totally agree they are VERY vulnerable in the tourney. They keep playing like this and they will be the team to get surprised by Cinderella. I was not impressed with the win today! The D looked good but Brown has to start hitting shots and Dammit they have to stop standing around on offense. They start the game out looking like the freakin Globetrotters with their passing but you get to the second half and something changes.

Illini please prove me wrong but I got a bad feeling about this. :D

I totally agree they are VERY vulnerable in the tourney. They keep playing like this and they will be the team to get surprised by Cinderella.

732632[/snapback]

I REALLY hope you're wrong. :D

Guest dabears

Dee was very upset with his performance and his 18 misses of 23, 3 pointers. He made it a point to focus on them and get out of the slump at Monday's practice. At one point during his 3 point shooting, he made 14 in a row, including some of his long rangers... Looks like he will be going into the tourney with confidence.

Atta boy! I was worried :D

Dee was very upset with his performance and his 18 misses of 23, 3 pointers.  He made it a point to focus on them and get out of the slump at Monday's practice.  At one point during his 3 point shooting, he made 14 in a row, including some of his long rangers...  Looks like he will be going into the tourney with confidence.

Atta boy!  I was worried  :D

736141[/snapback]

Yeah, even Weber commented on needing "improved guard play" in his ESPN interview this week! That's probably the first time all year that he had to say THAT!!!!

Guest dabears
Yeah, even Weber commented on needing "improved guard play" in his ESPN interview this week! That's probably the first time all year that he had to say THAT!!!!

737334[/snapback]

Yeah, he also busted on McBride during the quick TV interview after the Big Ten win. He basically went player to player, praising them etc, and then said something like, yeah McBride finally got one to sink...

I was like booooooya! I don't like McBride, I think he is over-rated. Everyone, including coach, fans and himself, expected and still expect a lot more from him. I keep saying he's another Illinois bench player.

Guest dabears

Well, they had glimpses of fire and hot streaks. Quite a few fast breaks.

I still say they ain't winning shhhiiiaat if they continue to play like this IMO!

Well, they had glimpses of fire and hot streaks.  Quite a few fast breaks.

I still say they ain't winning shhhiiiaat if they continue to play like this IMO!

739283[/snapback]

And the competition only gets tougher!! :eek:

They're are going to have their hands full with Nevada. :D

740668[/snapback]

Yeah, I hear they have a 6'11'' center that's a load in the paint!!!! :eek: