[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newbie Huddler Mentoring program

ABearWithFurniture

Since it's the off-season and so very many of us seem to have nothing better to do...I thought it might be a good idea to offer up some type of mentoring program for the newbies that are sure to grace our forum in the coming months...

Please feel free to throw in your ideas on how we can make these individuals feel more 'special' and adapt to our way of life here in these threads a wee bit faster...here's a few suggestions just to get things rolling...

A. Each Newbie is given a 'big brother/sister' Huddler mentor upon first posting. This mentor is responsible for the introduction/indoctrination of issues near and dear to the heart of the Tailgaters, and fostering within the Newbie a sense of respect and commitment for drunken, unruly, and disorderly conduct befitting the true spirit of the Tailgate.

B. Emphasis should be set on the newbie obtaining long-term Huddler status through post-padding, random thoughts/reflections, totally irrelevant theories/stories, and basically how not to make a total fool of themselves unless it's absolutely necessary.

C. Responsibility of the mentors - The mentor should be committed to helping the newbie formulate his/her own specific posts and be a teensy bit respected, able to halfway spell/articulate, and be somewhat secure in his/her thought process, and thus not threatened by the views of more senior Huddlers who are sure to pounce upon anything they deem to be a weakness. A mentor should also be devoid of compassion and intolerent of any views that do not agree with their own, and try to instill these traits deep into the psyche of the newbie.

D. Responsibility of the newbie - Newbies should demonstrate a commitment to the following: 1) Assume responsibility for his/her own Huddler development. 2) Actively irritate anyone with a lower member number and step on the toes of members with a higher member number; and 3) Deny vehemently that you are not an alias.

With that being said, I think we should start this program off on Killer Joe...and his mentor should be Az...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that being said, I think we should start this program off on Killer Joe...and his mentor should be Az...

716726[/snapback]

Don’t you think Clubfoothead would be a better choice? BTW – Killer Joe is already a veteran… not quite right.

Can Czarina be my mentor and can I have Squeegie as my mentee'?

(this type of thing does involve paddling, right?)

716792[/snapback]

I'm tellin' your wife. I feel sorry for those european women who's 'merican men's take advantage of dem.

Dammit, RR, what happens in the tailgate, stays in the tailgate.  You know that!

716807[/snapback]

Dis ain't Vegas! :D

Edit for:

Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...! ;-P

So how's cum ya didn't play poker w/ me? HUH?

Edited by rocknrobn26

Another rule could be.

Do not, under any circumstance, let your political affiliation known, until after you read at least 100 political threads. After reading those 'debates' you will recognize the fact that not even once did the left agree with the right and vice versa regardless of how well the argument was presented. You will then learn which side has the better posse to help you with your argument. Of course there is no winning an argument because of the reason stated above.

Oh and when you feel cornered in the debate with nowhere to turn just post the following:

"Why do you hate America?"

Edited by Puddy

Dis ain't Vegas! :D

Edit for:

Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...Nyah...!  ;-P

So how's cum ya didn't play poker w/ me?  HUH?

716816[/snapback]

tried to find you and couldn't (I even looked under all three of my pokerroom accounts and still no RR to be found anywhere--and then you left)

AND, I suck at poker anyway

tried to find you and couldn't (I even looked under all three of my pokerroom accounts and still no RR to be found anywhere--and then you left)

AND, I suck at poker anyway

716819[/snapback]

If you REALLY suck.......glad to have ya! :D

I was waitn' under Keg's table.

apparently not many newbies are coming? I guess they dont want to be picking up marbles with their a$$es for skins.

716831[/snapback]

SHUT IT!

Dman noobie tools runnin' yer yapper. Hey wait, yer only like 15, so Spain would love you... :D