[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Boxing fans out there?

whomper

I absolutely love boxing.What do you boxing fans think of the state of boxing?Who is up and coming?I think Vitaly Klitchsko is a great heavyweight.He has Better skills than his brother and a much better chin.Lennox Lewis hit him with an uppercut that almost took his head off when they fought and he stayed on his feet.Tarver although he beat Jones took a major hit losing in his next fight.Hopkins is a freak of nature .Winky Wright /Trinidad will be a great Barometer of where those 2 boxers are at..Jermain Taylor is really impressive but may need a few more fights before he is ready for Hopkins.Anyone have any boxing comments?

This website is awesome for any boxing fans.It has the records and results of every fight of every professional fighter.

Boxing Archives

Yeah I'm into boxing. I grew up with it somewhat, since my dad boxed. Not really familiar with any of today's up-and-comers unfortunately. I'm mainly into the training aspect now. I like Ross Enamait's type of exercising.

Ross

No Gatti v. Mayweather?  :D

http://www.boxing-central.com/modules.php?...rticle&sid=5877

723482[/snapback]

Thats a bummer..In my post I forgot all about that fight..It will happen one day though..i wonder who they fight now..

I used to love boxing, i think i was 6 the first time i put on gloves and and as most kids that aged tended to do i'm sure i nutted somebody, anyway jokes aside.

It may be wrong for me to say but i think the problem with boxing is the hugh number of pay per views, i get dizzy trying to keep track anymore, remember when no one cared if two 115 pounders kicked the sh!t out of each other for 15 rounds, i miss the old days when mike tyson was knocking people out, and the names like hagler,leonard,hearns,chavez(who i'm sure still is trying to fight), were the kings of the sport.

there are still some remarkable boxers today, but in all honesty if you had to pick the best boxer you ever saw who would it be? mine is Roy Jones Jr. i dont care if he got beat, in his day no one could touch him, sometimes i think he made the matchs last as long as he wanted them to.

I used to love boxing,  i think i was 6 the first time i put on gloves and and as most kids that aged tended to do i'm sure i nutted somebody, anyway jokes aside.

It may be wrong for me to say but i think the problem with boxing is the hugh number of pay per views, i get dizzy trying to keep track anymore, remember when no one cared if two 115 pounders kicked the sh!t out of each other for 15 rounds, i miss the old days when mike tyson was knocking people out, and the names like hagler,leonard,hearns,chavez(who i'm sure still is trying to fight), were the kings of the sport.

there are still some remarkable boxers today, but in all honesty if you had to pick the best boxer you ever saw who would it be? mine is Roy Jones Jr. i dont care if he got beat, in his day no one could touch him, sometimes i think he made the matchs last as long as he wanted them to.

724693[/snapback]

Gatti / mayweather is on again now for June 25th..I agree I miss Mike Tyson or a Mike Tyson like fighter being a knockout artist.Roy Jones was awesome.Its a shame the way he went out but I dont think it really tarnishes his legacy that much.The only thing I didnt like about Jones is how safe he fought from the middle of his career to the present..Ruiz was a risk but he is a stiff.I think Jones shouldve given James Toney a rematch and also fought Hopkins again.His answer was always been there done that but those guys got a lot better since Jones beat them and a rematch wouldve been very interesting.I really always loved Sugar Ray Leonard.He was very Smart and had superior skills..