[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Keeper

MrRoboto

Ended the season with Derrick Mason, Plaxico Burress, Rod Gardner, Nate Burleson and Lee Evans. Had planned on keeping Mason, but now he is going to the fantasy wasteland of WRs known as Baltimore. Burress may end up with the G-men and Gardner might get traded to Minnesota according to recent reports. Based on all the variables involved regarding Burress and Gardner, which WR should I keep for next season?

Ended the season with Derrick Mason, Plaxico Burress, Rod Gardner, Nate Burleson and Lee Evans.  Had planned on keeping Mason, but now he is going to the fantasy wasteland of WRs known as Baltimore.  Burress may end up with the G-men and Gardner might get traded to Minnesota according to recent reports.  Based on all the variables involved regarding Burress and Gardner, which WR should I keep for next season?

724336[/snapback]

I like the idea of Burress in NY ... Gardner doesn't impress me ... Kyle Boller worries me, as does Losman ... So, maybe it's "Way to go, Plaxico" ...

Ended the season with Derrick Mason, Plaxico Burress, Rod Gardner, Nate Burleson and Lee Evans.  Had planned on keeping Mason, but now he is going to the fantasy wasteland of WRs known as Baltimore.  Burress may end up with the G-men and Gardner might get traded to Minnesota according to recent reports.  Based on all the variables involved regarding Burress and Gardner, which WR should I keep for next season?

724336[/snapback]

Well, lets start with who not ot take. That would be Plaxico he might end up with the G-Men but they have no o-line so hurried passes are instore for him. If he goes to the Vikes keep him. Mason is a better Wr but on a worse offensive team hard choice out of the two. I would say keep this guy if he was still in Tenn. No- Burlrson and No Gardner.

So the best of what you have is L. Evans yes, the young Qb is a question mark but he has the best upside. Eventhough I don't like Plaxico at all I think he is in the next best position for balls thrown to him via Manning or Boller.

Next train of thought....

We determine our draft order by the total 2004 points of our 3 keepers and only 1 can be a RB. These are the final points based on our scoring system:

Derrick Mason 248

Nate Burleson 228

Lee Evans 187

Rod Gardner 140

Plaxico Burress 130

Knowing that I can move up or down a few draft spots based on the player I keep, who would you take now?

DON'T KEEP MASON!!!! The combination of Kyle Boller as a starting QB and a healthy Todd Heap means mediocrity for Mason. I really do think Lee Evans is the most talented of this group, and while his #s may be down this year, they'll improve as Losman does. However......I gotta go with Burleson here. He totally shined when Randy was out last year. I think he has a very big TD potential as well......he's something like 6th all-time in the verticcal jump at the NFL combine--45 inches. Somethin just tells me this kid is gonna be huge.

I'll go against the grain here - Evans. It's a keeper league, there are question marks to every w/r on your list and Evans showed some real promise. It also depends where you are made to keep him, what rd.? In my keeper if I kept him he'd be an 8th. rd. pick because I got him out of FA. In the 8th. it's a very good pick but, if you have to keep him high then obviously it's not.

I'll go against the grain here - Evans. It's a keeper league, there are question marks to every w/r on your list and Evans showed some real promise. It also depends where you are made to keep him, what rd.? In my keeper if I kept him he'd be an 8th. rd. pick because I got him out of FA. In the 8th. it's a very good pick but, if you have to keep him high then obviously it's not.

731664[/snapback]

Our keepers count as the 1st 3 rounds...we only based our draft selection on the total points from our keepers. Keeping Burress would knock 47 points off my total keeper value and might move me up a spot or 2.

Our keepers count as the 1st 3 rounds...we only based our draft selection on the total points from our keepers.  Keeping Burress would knock 47 points off my total keeper value and might move me up a spot or 2.

732203[/snapback]

I'm just not a Burress fan but, I would have to say I would need to know where he landed before I kept him.

DON'T KEEP MASON!!!!  The combination of Kyle Boller as a starting QB and a healthy Todd Heap means mediocrity for Mason.  I really do think Lee Evans is the most talented of this group, and while his #s may be down this year, they'll improve as Losman does.  However......I gotta go with Burleson here.  He totally shined when Randy was out last year.  I think he has a very big TD potential as well......he's something like 6th all-time in the verticcal jump at the NFL combine--45 inches.  Somethin just tells me this kid is gonna be huge.

729383[/snapback]

Man, I didn't know he could jump like that!