[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How close am I...

Baron

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wench,,,, Seminoles and broncos are our resident juveniles. Both of them are many years short of legal drinking age. Just FYI. Baron.... in a 14 team league, it's not bad, but aint great either. You lack a true, proven stud at every position. I think in 2006, 2007, it should develop into a good team. Since it's a team built for the future, I'd stock up on guys in the rookie draft, like Benson. get a couple players like that, including a WR, and then just fill the remaining holes with third tier players. You might, with some luck make the playoffs if you manage this team for the "now", but you'd be better off building it, IMHO.

Wench,,,, Seminoles and broncos are our resident juveniles. Both of them are many years short of legal drinking age. Just FYI. Baron.... in a 14 team league, it's not bad, but aint great either. You lack a true, proven  stud at every position. I think in 2006, 2007, it should develop into a good team. Since it's a team built for the future, I'd stock up on guys in the rookie draft, like Benson. get a couple players like that, including a WR, and then just fill the remaining holes with third tier players. You might, with some luck make the playoffs if you manage this team for the "now", but you'd be better off building it, IMHO.

738936[/snapback]

Rovers saves the day...

Wench,,,, Seminoles and broncos are our resident juveniles. Both of them are many years short of legal drinking age. Just FYI. Baron.... in a 14 team league, it's not bad, but aint great either. You lack a true, proven  stud at every position. I think in 2006, 2007, it should develop into a good team. Since it's a team built for the future, I'd stock up on guys in the rookie draft, like Benson. get a couple players like that, including a WR, and then just fill the remaining holes with third tier players. You might, with some luck make the playoffs if you manage this team for the "now", but you'd be better off building it, IMHO.

738936[/snapback]

Thanks Rovers. My problem is, that I have to cut a player off the very same position to draft another one. No problem at WR, I would easily cut Robinson for Mike Williams or Edwards. But whom would you cut, if I had a shot at Benson? Brown, Barlow or KJ? (Please always keep in mind that it's a TD only scoring system) :D

I got broncos all po'd! :D

Baron, the first guy I'd cut at RB is Barlow. He has alienated his O line with his comments, and plays on a team that wont be good for at least two years, IMHO. the guy had a few good games at the end of '03. Last year he was losing carries to Hicks. Rattay is not a good QB, and it will take a while for whatever rookie QB the 49er's draft to develop.

The cream of the crop in this draft is Brown, Benson, Williams and Edwards, Id jump on any one of them, and a few more. TD only leagues are much harder to predict than combination performance leagues, and has a larger luck quotient too, I think. That is why I don't play in one.

Thanks Rovers. My problem is, that I have to cut a player off the very same position to draft another one. No problem at WR, I would easily cut Robinson for Mike Williams or Edwards. But whom would you cut, if I had a shot at Benson? Brown, Barlow or KJ? (Please always keep in mind that it's a TD only scoring system)  :D

739220[/snapback]

Baron - sorry to have distracted those reading your thread - I deserve a

good flogging for that. I can't see SF scoring too many TDs to begin

with, let alone what Barlow will have to share with the rest of the

team. In my opinion it's not even a big risk to drop Barlow for a

rookie in a dynasty league.

Rovers - being a newbie, I didn't want to offend the wrong person too

early on. I've been staying out of the tailgate for that precise

reason.

good flogging for that.  I can't see SF scoring too many TDs to begin

team.  In my opinion it's not even a big risk to drop Barlow for a

early on.  I've been staying out of the tailgate for that precise

reason.

739326[/snapback]

Just keep hiding in here, you will be safe Wench :D

good flogging for that.  I can't see SF scoring too many TDs to begin

team.  In my opinion it's not even a big risk to drop Barlow for a

early on.  I've been staying out of the tailgate for that precise

reason.

739326[/snapback]

Captain's, No probelm, seminoles and broncos actually know something about football, but I thought i'd flag ya when the subject of breastes came up, they are like 14 or so. I actually know a guy who got arrested for discussing anatomy with teenagers! :D Yup, arrested!

As far as not offending anyone here, not even the Virgin Mary on her best behavior could do that! I've seen yer posts, your cool...you wont have any more trouble than anyone else here does! :D Some of the folks in the tailgate absolutely rip each other to shreds, and declare friendship. Very disfunctional group! Others become some sort of arch enemies! it's actually pretty entertaining.

Just tell skins you love him. That's a good place to start! :D

I'm sure with you on Barlow.... I laughed last year when he got drafted late in the 1st round in my local.

Baron, I just traded Driver and Wistrom in my dynasty league for 2.1 and 2.16. (16 team league, performance/scoring with IDP) I hope to draft Fason at 1.9, Williamson at 2.1, maybe Crowder at 2.9 and most likely another WR at 2.16. So, I am rebuilding too. I like this draft, it's deep at WR and RB. While I cant get the top 3 RB's or top 2 WR's, I think some of the rest will develop. So, I'm handing out advice I've taken myself. Like you, I inherited this team this year.

Of course, Broncos, I also think there's a lot of talent in his year's rookie class. And Williams is a hot commodity if he lands in the right situation. This guy's a threat down the field.

741161[/snapback]

:D

sorry about the thread turning into a wierd avy discussion.

Captain's, No probelm, seminoles and broncos actually know something about football, but I thought i'd flag ya when the subject of breastes came up, they are like 14 or so. I actually know a guy who got arrested for discussing anatomy with teenagers!  :D  Yup, arrested!

As far as not offending anyone here, not even the Virgin Mary on her best behavior could do that!  I've seen yer posts, your cool...you wont have any more trouble than anyone else here does!  :D Some of the folks in the tailgate absolutely rip each other to shreds, and declare friendship. Very disfunctional group! Others become some sort of arch enemies! it's actually pretty entertaining.

Just tell skins you love him. That's a good place to start!  :D

I'm sure with you on Barlow.... I laughed last year when he got drafted late in the 1st round in my local.

Baron, I just traded Driver and Wistrom in my dynasty league for 2.1 and 2.16. (16 team league, performance/scoring with IDP) I hope to draft Fason at 1.9, Williamson at 2.1, maybe Crowder at 2.9 and most likely another WR at 2.16. So, I am rebuilding too. I like this draft, it's deep at WR and RB. While I cant get the top 3 RB's or top 2 WR's, I think some of the rest will develop. So, I'm handing out advice I've taken myself.  Like you, I inherited this team this year.

740838[/snapback]

Wow....arrested?? That had to be a 1 on 1 discussion though, right? I can't imagine that anything posted here would be different than what the little munchkins could hear on Howard Stern.

I could profess a love for skins but there are so many men here, how can I choose just one.

Wow....arrested?? That had to be a 1 on 1 discussion though, right?  I can't imagine that anything posted here would be different than what the little munchkins could hear on Howard Stern.

I could profess a love for skins but there are so many men here, how can I choose just one.

741979[/snapback]

I dont know all the deails, but isure as chit am careful what I say on the net after that happened. The guy was no perv.... never tried to meet anyone, nuthin like that. The story is he was just joking with this "kid" who was a cop out trolling. That was enough. I think it was in an adult oriented site chat room. The guy didnt even believe it was a kid, and said so. Still, landed his arse in jail.

skins is easy to declare man love for! Really gits him frosted! lol!