[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inter-Board Baseball Challenge

BeachBum

SP- Randy Johnson

SP- Mike Mussina

SP- Carl Pavano

SP- Ted Lilly

SP- Kenny Rogers

752787[/snapback]

Damm Broncos, you went with the current and ex-NYY theme with your SPs, didn't you? :D

Edit because it's never nice to lol at a :D

Edited by Skrappy1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good draft- I really like my team- a bit suspect with my starting pitching and I punted saves -who cares with 15 or so categories, my MR's kick ass....

C- Joe Mauer

1B- Mark Texiera

2B- Jose Reyes

SS- Nomar

3B- Pedro Feliz

LF- Kevin Mench

CF- Aaron Rowand

RF- Magglio

Util.- Travis Hafner

Util.- Craig Monroe

SP- Bonderman

SP- Escobar

SP- Brad Penny

SP- Eaton

RP- Otsuka

RP- Mike Gonzalez

P- Y. Brazoban

P- Jesse Crain

Bench- Jorge Cantu (2B/3B)

Bench- Brady Clark (CF/LF)

Bench- Erik Bedard

752780[/snapback]

You took my sleeper team but he11 I'll adapt

I love my team for the most part-

C- Mile Piazaa/AJ Piequenski

1B- Mike Sweeney

2B- Marcus Giles

3B- Dallas McPerson/Garret Atkins

SS-  Edgar Renteria

LF- Cliff Floyd

CF- Corey Patterson/Garret Anderson/David DeJesus

RF- Jaque Jones

SP- Randy Johnson

SP- Mike Mussina

SP- Carl Pavano

SP- Ted Lilly

SP- Kenny Rogers

Sp- Jose Lima

RP- Eddie Guardado

RP- Chad Cordero

752787[/snapback]

I don't know Bronc- the fact that you have to play Floyd & Jones in the OF everyday would scare me- also no back-up for brittle boy Sweeney is dangerous..that offense has some holes IMO

Yeah it took some early draft picks to do so however.  :D

Ain't that awesome though I didn't think I could pull it off :D

752799[/snapback]

Not crazy about Rogers, but the rest of those guys make for an extremely nice staff in a league as deep as ours.

Edit:

I also love Giles this year. He should give you a nice advantage over any team that doesn't have Soriano at 2B.

Edited by Skrappy1

c - javy lopez

1b - thome

2b - freel

3b - lowell

ss - uribe

of - manny ramirez, b. giles, lew ford

util - encarnacion, rondell white

sp - oswalt, beckett, jaret wright, westbrook, madritsch, kip wells

mr - urbina, alfonseca, julio

cl - aquino, adams

i like this team a lot. good, multi-dimensional offense, and very solid starting pitching. my RP are all a bit iffy, but i should be able to hang in at least one of the two reliever cats. my starting pitchers are gonna kick ass, wait and see. :D

1B- Mark Texiera

2B- Jose Reyes

SS- Nomar

RF- Magglio

Bench- Erik Bedard

752780[/snapback]

Love Teixeira and Nomar for this year. Nomar is hitting about .500 with 5 or 6 HRs this spring I believe and is playing for a contract as well. Reyes is a SB machine as long as he can stay on the field and Magglio is a stud if he can as well. And like I said, Bedard is one of my favorite sleepers. I was planning on grabbing him instead of Francis, but you beat me to the punch there.

Some of those teams in there are kinda of weak- One team has BJ Upton at SS with no back-up? Some have like 7 starters and not enough RP's to fill a daily line-up, etc.

I guess that what happens with the Yahoo rankings kicking in? I am just gald I could draft my whole team live and not have to rely on the automated stuff....

I am liking the Huddle's chances at redemtion for this year- we seem to be well represented.

c - javy lopez

1b - thome

2b - freel

3b - lowell

ss - uribe

of - manny ramirez, b. giles, lew ford

util - encarnacion, rondell white

sp - oswalt, beckett, jaret wright, westbrook, madritsch, kip wells

mr - urbina, alfonseca, julio

cl - aquino, adams

i like this team a lot.  good, multi-dimensional offense, and very solid starting pitching.  my RP are all a bit iffy, but i should be able to hang in at least one of the two reliever cats.  my starting pitchers are gonna kick ass, wait and see. :D

752808[/snapback]

Stole a few and freel is a f'n crazy SB producer.

Some of those teams in there are kinda of weak- One team has BJ Upton at SS with no back-up? Some have like 7 starters and not enough RP's to fill a daily line-up, etc.

I guess that what happens with the Yahoo rankings kicking in? I am just gald I could draft my whole team live and not have to rely on the automated stuff....

I am liking the Huddle's chances at redemtion for this year- we seem to be well represented.

752811[/snapback]

Give me your studs and I'll represent even better. :D

752811[/snapback]

Agreed on our chances. I have to think some of those picks were Yahoo autopicks, but who knows. Upton is ticketed for the minors (he may already be there, not sure), so that guy need a shortstop desperately. Whoever drafted Trachsel ought to be doing one of these :D about right now too.

Love Teixeira and Nomar for this year.  Nomar is hitting about .500 with 5 or 6 HRs this spring I believe and is playing for a contract as well. Reyes is a SB machine as long as he can stay on the field and Magglio is a stud if he can as well. And like I said, Bedard is one of my favorite sleepers.  I was planning on grabbing him instead of Francis, but you beat me to the punch there.

752809[/snapback]

like I said my 3 teams this year are all eerily similar- if my gut is right I'm gonna have a great baseball season- if not I'm in trouble-

My #1 guy is really Hafner I think he's going to be a monster....

Agreed on our chances.  I have to think some of those picks were Yahoo autopicks, but who knows.  Upton is ticketed for the minors (he may already be there, not sure), so that guy need a shortstop desperately.  Whoever drafted Trachsel ought to be doing one of these  :D about right now too.

752814[/snapback]

Upton already got sent down- and that guy was drafting LIVE :D

like I said my 3 teams this year are all eerily similar- if my gut is right I'm gonna have a great baseball season- if not I'm in trouble-

My #1 guy is really Hafner I think he's going to be a monster....

752816[/snapback]

I tried to create a duplicate of my 14 team league but once I went non Cub I was dead :D

Stole a few and freel is a f'n crazy SB producer.

752812[/snapback]

I'm weak at SB, but I figure most guys are, especially with 16 teams. I tried to get some solid guys who could get double digits there, but I have no SB studs. I figure I'm looking at:

Jeter: 20-25

D. Lee: 10-15

C. Lee: 10

Sheffield: 10

Byrnes: 15-20

And hopefully Varitek, Bellhorn, Ensberg and Edmonds can all add about 5 a piece.

Edit: I was planning on grabbing Alex Sanchez late too to add some speed, but he went way earlier than I expected. FWIW, Endy Chavez is still available I think if anyone really needs speed, but I'd wait to ensure he has a starting job before picking him up.

Edited by Skrappy1

I'm weak at SB, but I figure most guys are, especially with 16 teams.  I tried to get some solid guys who could get double digits there, but I have no SB studs.  I figure I'm looking at:

Jeter: 20-25

D. Lee: 10-15

C. Lee: 10

Sheffield: 10

Byrnes: 15-20

And hopefully Varitek, Bellhorn, Ensberg and Edmonds can all add about 5 a piece.

752825[/snapback]

I've got Reyes pegged at 50, unless of course his hammy pops by mid April :D