[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

true dynasty league

seminoles

Here are the rules for the 12 team league:

1.Competition - Head to Head. Divisions of four will be made. Teams will play fellow divisions team twice (6 in all) and then 6 games from other divisions. The playoffs will be weeks 13, 14, and 15 (so starters wont be benched because of the real playoffs).

2.Ownership - $40 (unless negotiated otherwise) for a team. One team per person. There will be a waiting list of about 3 or 4 for safety. Money will be sent to commish who will be decided later.

3.Dynasty - This is what i think should be done but it is up for suggestions. You will have to drop at least one starter and at least one backup every year. There will be a rookie draft of three rounds. draft order will be decided by record, worst to best. FA money will be given out, probably $100. You can use this money during the year for FA's. there will be a FA draft after the rookie draft. this will contain all players not currently on a team (including remaining rookies). FA draft order will be determined by suggestions.

4.The amount of players per team will be 18. no max for amount of players be position. Any team that has more than 18 players when and after season starts will be charged 3 FA $$ per day over the limit. Player positions will be determined by nfl.com. what it says is what we use. There will be 2 IR spots per team. When a player is listed as on IR then you can put him here. The IR player can be cut or kept. Your teams players will be kept from year to year except for at least 1 starter and at least 1 backup (stated above).

5. possible starting lineups (no IDPs or D/STs)

1QB 3RB 2WR 1TE 1K

1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K

1QB 1RB 4WR 1TE 1K

1QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 1K

1QB 1RB 3WR 2TE 1K

deadline for lineups will be at 11:30 CST on sundays (for thursday games then it will be a half an hour before go time).

6.scoring system -

Offense:

pass TD = 4

pass yds = 1 per 25

rush/recieve td = 6

r/r yrds = 1 per 15

any 2 pt. conver. = 2

extra pt. = 1

fg 1-45 yrds = 3

fg 46+ = 5

7.you wil use your FA money or "credits" to bid on FA's. a maximum of 20 credits will be carried over.

8.trades must be oked by the commish. once confirmed then it is in place. no turning back. IR players can be traded. Deadline will be week 10.

Dates for drafts will be openly discussed. any suggestions and advice is wanted. hope you like it.

i made roster limits of 4, 6, 6, 3, 2

before the season starts we will just post our team rosters in the forum because before the season you can have more that 18 players. When the season starts the lineups will be placed on the website. if you want to go to the website then pm me.

Edited by seminoles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.Dynasty - This is what i think should be done but it is up for suggestions. You will have to drop at least one starter and at least one backup every year.

762134[/snapback]

I like everything but the above. Why make it to where you have to drop anyone? Who determines who's a starter and who's a backup? I would suggest that you make a taxi squad of about 5 players. The taxi squad is for players with 3 years or less NFL experience. A player can only remain on the taxi squad if an ower does not play that player. Once that player is played, they are removed from the taxi squad, and put on the active roster. In order to move a player from the taxi squad to the active roster, a player must be droped. So that you have no more than 18 active roster spots and 5 taxi squad spots during the season. Every year you have a rookie draft of 4 or 5 rounds, and at a certain date say middle of August, you have to whittle down your roster back to the 18 active and 5 taxi squad spots.

Sounds pretty good but to clarify...we will have our intial draft of all players not including this years rookies first? Or just have a draft of all players after the NFL draft? I like the taxi squad idea too. Like someone said...how do we determine who is a starter worth dropping? If i started harrington early on in the season but maybe didn't use him all the way can i drop him because he was a starter?

Ok here's something to think about! Take Ricky Williams and say he's on my team! The dynasty is going on 3 years! He retires! Do I have first rights to him if he comes back or does he become a free agent in the league! This is something we had a problem with in one of my leagues!

ok, scrap the "drop at least one starter thing". I like the taxi squad idea. but what happens when the player goes into his fourth year, does he automaticallly get removed from your team since he cant stay on your taxi squad. everything sounds good though. About finding a website, i have not a clue.

Also, should we have the initial draft before the rookie draft, right. this goes for all coming years too.

5. possible starting lineups (no IDPs or D/STs):(flexes are Rb's, WR's, or TE's. A flex may not be used for a position that is already starting three or more players). 

1QB 3RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1 Flex

1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1Flex

1QB 1RB 4WR 1TE 1K 1flex

1QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 1K 1 flex

1QB 1RB 3WR 2TE 1K 1Flex

762134[/snapback]

I think with 18 players on your roster, 9 starters is too many. With all of the lineup options you've listed above, I think that the "1 flex" could be eliminated. JMO.

Ok here's something to think about! Take Ricky Williams and say he's on my team! The dynasty is going on 3 years! He retires! Do I have first rights to him if he comes back or does he become a free agent in the league! This is something we had a problem with in one of my leagues!

762349[/snapback]

Can I get an answer on this or was it in the taxi squad reply?

I know another person that will join as soon as I do a friend at work! So just waiting on the answer and you can count two more in!

Can I get an answer on this or was it in the taxi squad reply?

I know another person that will join as soon as I do a friend at work! So just waiting on the answer and you can count two more in!

762675[/snapback]

Not giving you a definite answer, as it's not my place, but it would seem to me:

The taxi squad described by Perch says "for players with 3 years of NFL experience or less". In your scenario, Ricky wouldn't qualify for the taxi squad as he's too old. He would remain with you as long as you kept a roster spot available for him, but I'd guess he'd be fair game to anyone if you drop him? (Hope I'm interpreting all of this correctly) Anyone?

i made roster limits of 4, 6, 6, 3, 2

before the season starts we will just post our team rosters in the forum because before the season you can have more that 18 players. When the season starts the lineups will be placed on the website. if you want to go to the website then pm me.

762134[/snapback]

I'm also not a big fan of roster limits (as long as an owner can field a legal team each week). It may prohibit you from picking up that hot Free Agent nobody saw coming during the season, and I believe in a dynasty league projection and foresight shouldn't be hindered.

It wouldn't make or break my decision or anything, but I would vote to drop this rule. JMO

ok, the roster limits are dropped. and this will be the ruling on a ricky williams case. If you had ricky or whoever, then they retire, but later come back, if you have a roster spot for them than yes you get the person. but if you dont have a roster spot then too bad for you.

we have a minor problem. the website makes it so we play two doubleheader weeks. this happens so we play everyone at least once. its a 12 week regular season. That allows us weeks 13,14, and 15 for playoffs. does it still sound good??

762762[/snapback]

If you switch it to 13 week regular season, and week 14-16 playoffs, you eliminate the double headers.