[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ah, that whacky Terrell again...

DMD

He is like a media industry all to himself

SportsTicker

BRISTOL, Connecticut - It appears Terrell Owens' second year with the Philadelphia Eagles has the potential to be quite rocky.

ESPN reported Tuesday that Owens took a verbal jab at Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb for his performance in Super Bowl XXXIX against the New England Patriots.

In the interview, Owens said he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," a reference to several media reports that claimed McNabb was either ill or tired late in the fourth quarter of the Eagles' 24-21 loss to the Patriots.

McNabb has denied those reports, but several offensive linemen said that McNabb appeared ill and that receiver Freddie Mitchell was forced to call a play in the huddle. Eagles coach Andy Reid also denied that McNabb was ill.

Owens' reported comment to ESPN likely will ignite the controversy again, which will not please either McNabb or Reid.

Last week, Owens switched agents, hiring Drew Rosenhaus and prompting speculation that he wanted to revise the seven-year, $49 million contract he signed with the team last season after being acquired from San Francisco.

Owens neither confirmed nor denied that in his interview with ESPN.

"As always, there is a lot written and (said) without anyone talking to me," Owens told ESPN. "I mean, I can't do right and I can't do wrong. It's getting, in some ways, like it was for me in San Francisco. But the one thing that won't change is that I'm going to show up to play and to win. No one can ever (debate) that."

Owens staged one of the most courageous performances in Super Bowl history, catching nine passes for 122 yards in the loss to New England after missing the last two regular-season games and two playoff games with a fractured leg and sprained ankle.

In his first season with the Eagles, Owens caught 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns.

The guy's an animal on the field, but when he called out his QB Garcia, that made me really dislike him. Garcia helped him get to his pro bowls, just like he helped Garcia get his. Now he's calling out one of the elite QB's in the NFL??? I don't get what is in this guy's head.

As always, there is a lot written and (said) without anyone talking to me," Owens told ESPN. "I mean, I can't do right and I can't do wrong. It's getting, in some ways, like it was for me in San Francisco. But the one thing that won't change is that I'm going to show up to play and to win. No one can ever (debate) that"

Lets see Terrell, different location same problems. What is the common denominator here :D Funny how he is always the victim and never the problem :D

Owens staged one of the most courageous performances in Super Bowl history, catching nine passes for 122 yards in the loss to New England after missing the last two regular-season games and two playoff games with a fractured leg and sprained ankle.

I'd do that too if I was being paid millions.

Yep, it was also stated on the local sports station here that TO was late, sleeping or missing during team practices. I really thought this guy was blamed for things that he wasn't responsible for. He is stirring the pot here for sure. It explains alot actually, all the games i went to last year, he would never warm up with other team mates. he was always off in a corner by himself. He is a great WR, but is beginnig to make waves here as in San fran. I can't guess how this will play otu.

Up until recently he was well liked by all Eagles fans and he was making a lot of money playing for an elite team.  I guess some people can't get out of their own way fast enough.

775073[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly - you think he would learn to keep his mouth shut :D

Oh, sorry, got confused with Moss :D

This sucks on so many levels as an Eagles fan. We have been pleading for years for Andy Reid to get a #1 WR and he goes out and gets one of the best in the game in Owens. Plus Owens wants to come to Philly. Now he is starting crap after one year in the 7 year contract which he signed. I understand why some guys would want to renegotiate but he will make good money in this contract. He made about 9-10 milion this year, about 3-4 million next season and then he gets a 5 million dollar roster bonus in year 3 plus a base salary probably around 3-4 million. That is 20 - 23 million over 3 years. If Owens is going to cause problems I say trade him or let him go. I would rather see the Eagles try to sign some other solid #1 WR then go into a season with questions on wether T.O. will be there or not.

When there were talks about getting this idiot to become a Jet a couple years ago, I cringed. He is MeShawn squared, and I had enough of that racist ego maniac, for sure. Owens is easilly the biggest jerk in the NFL. Call him a virus, a cnacer, whatever. McNabb is supposed to be his best friend on the team, and he is taking pot shots at him. I actually enjoyed watching him writhe around on the field last year.... and never felt that way about any other NFL player, ever. Talent? Tons. Character? < zero.

I don't think you can compare Owens to Keyshawn. Yes, they are both no-class jerks but Owens is consistently a top 3-5 WR. I wouldn't mind half the stuff Owens does because, fact is, he backs it up on the field. Problem with this situation is he may sit and hurt the team.

I don't think you can compare Owens to Keyshawn.  Yes, they are both no-class jerks but Owens is consistently a top 3-5 WR.  I wouldn't mind half the stuff Owens does because, fact is, he backs it up on the field.  Problem with this situation is he may sit and hurt the team.

775631[/snapback]

I did say he was MeShawn Squared...... that goes for talent as well. So, I didnt compare them in that respect at all... other than to say Owens is worse, and better, on all counts. I also did not intend to call Owens a racist, as compared to Me Shawn.... Owens hates everyone but Terrel. MeShawn hates whitey. Except for daddy Parcells.