[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just made this trade?

gogo2146

I play in a keeper leauge and we keep 5 total players I just traded J. Walker and my 2nd round pick (# 7th in that round) for the #1 overall pick.

In my leauge all the good rookies are gone, they are protected but R. Brown is not. Since rb's score a ton in this leauge I'm going after him with the #1.

My team will look like this:

Jordan, Dillon,Brown

Ward,Clayton, maybe Witten or Boldin

Sproles protected

What do you think of the trade and picking up Brown with the #1

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by Witten or Clayton.... do you own both, or have to choose one or the other, and do you have to start a TE? if you have to start a TE, and have a choice instead of Boldin or Ward, I'd keep Boldin, since it's a keeper league.

Brown should be a stud, as sure a thing as any draft pick.... but draft picks always carry risk. Curse me for mentioning Ron Dayne here. But, if your league's scoring system overvalues RB's it's a good move.

Well, go, if there is no limit on how many years you can keep a keeper, I'd keep Witten and Boldin over Ward. Even this year, with Burress gone, I think Blodin outscores Ward, despite the fact that I have no idea how Warner will work out. Since you could'nt keep all of these guys, trading Walker for Brown looks like the right move to me. Add in the risk factor of who is going to be GB's QB in 2006, and Walker makes even more sense. I traded Driver this year because he could be one and done at this point. I'd say you made the right call.

Back on Ward/Boldin/Witten, Ward is getting old, but is still a very good WR. Even though there are more good TE's around these days, it's still only 5 or 6 that make a difference, and Witten is one of them, and young. Boldin may outscore Ward this year, and in the long term is the better keeper, IMO.

Rovers, I like Boldin alot and i live in AZ just a tuff call to keep him over Ward. I do think their numbers will be close or Boldina bit better.

Ward - #1 wr NOW, 2nd year qb, he is on a better team, has been putting up good #'s for awhile.

Boldin - New qb, a nfl MVP by the way which looks good, a great wr on same team, same old crappy OL except the guy they got from PITT I think Ross is his name, one great rookie year.

It seems like the safe thing to do is stick with Ward? Know you have me thinking about makin a trade with boldin for a draft pick.

Again, Ward is getting old. Boldin is already whining about a new contract, and just might not be in AZ in two years. I'm sure the Cards pick up a good RB, sooner or later for this season, which should help thier offense a lot. This will also be Boldin's second year after the knee injury, so he should improve if history repeats itself. Warner wants to proove something, and he's not as bad as he looked in NY, although he still throws a lame wounded duck every once in a while. No way I'd let Boldin go.... I'd trade Ward for a high first round pick if anything, not Boldin.

Rovers, you do have a good point! My team would like this going into next season.

Dillon,Jordan, R. Brown 1st round pick and Sproles Taxi player

Boldin,Clayton

Witten( maybe Gonzo)

I have someone in my leauge that might want to trade Gonzo for Ward or Barlow. I leaning to trade Barlow for Gonzo and then put something together with Ward and Witten if I can not sure if I'll get another #1 in this leauge maybe a high 2nd.

I would have to drop these players anyway.

Thanks for the help.