[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you/Would you trust McGahee?

I'm looking at trading Ahman Green and possibly Javon Walker in my league due to some salary cap problems and acquiring McGahee as one of my backs. I would then have Dominick Davis and McGahee as two backs at about our league minimum. I then could keep Manning, who is a little pricey, as my 3rd keeper or possibly CJ or Reggie Wayne at a very cheap price as well.

My question to you is this: Do you trust McGahee to produce like he did last year? Would you depend on him as a possible weekly starter for your team? Thanks for the input everyone!

Trade Ahman Green for McGahee or ahman and player x for mcgahee. I do not trust green to produce like he did in the past. I do trust McGahee to get better. so trade for him. So keep Davis, McGahee, Manning, Wayne and with your money left over go spending like there's no tomorrow.

My question to you is this:  Do you trust McGahee to produce like he did last year?  Would you depend on him as a possible weekly starter for your team?  Thanks for the input everyone!

781962[/snapback]

I'd have to say yes. He has top notch speed and yet is sturdy enough to withstand the pounding. Prolly top 3 among the league's backs in pure speed.

Plus, if he could produce like that as a rookie with 'The Statue' at QB, I don't see how he doesn't become a premier back in year 2, with more of a passing threat. The Bills OL has also remained intact for a while now as well.

I can only keep 3 players.  They can be at any position.  My team is in my sig below.  Prices are:

Manning $33

Green $22

DD $6

Walker $5

CJ $7

Wayne $5

McGahee $6

I only have $92 cap dollars this season due to some stupid trades.  Usually we have $100. 

Thanks

782308[/snapback]

That makes it even more of a no-brainer. McGahee for $6 is a freaking steal. He may not quite outproduce Green this year, depending on your scoring system, but for the future, McGahee is a much better deal. With McGahee and Davis you'll have two of the best, young RB's in the league. And you free up cap dollars. No brainer my friend.

That makes it even more of a no-brainer. McGahee for $6 is a freaking steal. He may not quite outproduce Green this year, depending on your scoring system, but for the future, McGahee is a much better deal. With McGahee and Davis you'll have two of the best, young RB's in the league. And you free up cap dollars. No brainer my friend.

782336[/snapback]

Out of curiosity, who would you keep as your 3rd player? I have a feeling Manning will go for more than $33 in our 12 team league.

Yup, I agree with the Hugh-ster. DD and McGahee at the league minimum is plain ridiculous. Talk about value. I would certainly feel comfortable with McGahee as my #2... in fact, I'd probably be alright with him as my top fantasy RB in 10+ team leagues. He's proven that he's past his injury. The Bills offense should improve with an emerging Evans and a steady Moulds. Sure, the green QB may be something to worry about, but fantasy-wise, McGahee should be fine. However, I think you keep Manning over CJ (despite him being a steal at $7) and DD/McGahee. No one would blame you, however, for dumping Manning, keeping CJ and having a ton of cap space to go after a different QB and still having enough for another studly WR.

No one would blame you, however,  for dumping Manning, keeping CJ and having a ton of cap space to go after a different QB and still having enough for another studly WR.

782826[/snapback]

im not trying to make this an agruement, but what other QB's will be available ralph?

im not trying to make this an agruement, but what other QB's will be available ralph?

783332[/snapback]

Agreed. Knowing what QBs are available (and current values) would help. If you're down to slim pickin's, perhaps you keep Manning at the inflated (or is that really inflated??) value and spend your remaining $ on securing whatever stud or Tier-2 WRs you could muster up.

Oh...1,000th post.

I'm guessing McNabb may be kept for $19, Culpepper for $35, Bulger for $6, maybe Trent Green for $5. Everyone else should be available. Culpepper may be available as he is a bit pricey as well. The guy who owns Culpepper has Alexander at $44 as well. In fact he is the guy who has MaGahee....

Oh...1,000th post.

I'm guessing McNabb may be kept for $19, Culpepper for $35, Bulger for $6, maybe Trent Green for $5.  Everyone else should be available.  Culpepper may be available as he is a bit pricey as well.  The guy who owns Culpepper has Alexander at $44 as well.  In fact he is the guy who has MaGahee....

783411[/snapback]

$33 is stupid money for Manning based on those numbers. Manning and CPep are over-priced. Dump Manning, keep CJ, save the cash, and buy yourself a lower priced QB, and have money to spend on shoring up another RB or top WR.

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on 1K, you flocking newbie. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

$33 is stupid money for Manning based on those numbers. Manning and CPep are over-priced. Dump Manning, keep CJ, save the cash, and buy yourself a lower priced QB, and have money to spend on shoring up another RB or top WR.

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on 1K, you flocking newbie. :D

783416[/snapback]

Nod. Reading over Furley's post re: QBs... he can probably score a decent QB (Collins?) while paying a ridiculous $7 for CJ and going after (and even over-paying for) another stud WR.

To make matters even worse, I was thinking of offering CJ and keeping Javon Walker.  But with the uncertainty of Farve's future, maybe not a good idea.

Thanks for the help everyone.  I love talking about this at this time of the year.

783470[/snapback]

Keeping Walker at $5 and CJ at $7 sounds about the same to me. I think CJ has a bit more upside. If the McGahee owner balks at the trade, perhaps you dangle CJ instead of Walker... as keeping Walker wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Keeping Walker at $5 and CJ at $7 sounds about the same to me.  I think CJ has a bit more upside.  If the McGahee owner balks at the trade, perhaps you dangle CJ instead of Walker... as keeping Walker wouldn't be a terrible thing.

783487[/snapback]

y not keep reggie wayne, am i missing something?

y not keep reggie wayne, am i missing something?

783491[/snapback]

Because he's still - for all intents and purposes - the #2 WR in Indy. Sure, he has a promising future, but Harrison's still the man for the Colts.

CJ and Walker are bonafide #1 WRs worthy of keeping, especially at those reduced rates.

Now, if Furley was able to keep more than 3, Wayne - at $5 - would definitely be a candidate.

Because he's still - for all intents and purposes - the #2 WR in Indy.  Sure, he has a promising future, but Harrison's still the man for the Colts.

CJ and Walker are bonafide #1 WRs worthy of keeping, especially at those reduced rates. 

Now, if Furley was able to keep more than 3, Wayne - at $5 - would definitely be a candidate.

783502[/snapback]

but didnt we see wayne put up top 10 numbers like CJ an walker? im not taking away from CJ and walker, i just dont fully grasp the concept of not thinking about wayne

but didnt we see wayne put up top 10 numbers like CJ an walker? im not taking away from CJ and walker, i just dont fully grasp the concept of not thinking about wayne

783511[/snapback]

CJ had a completely disappointing season and adjusted to a new QB, and Walker started the season off very slowly and I believe had an injury or 2 to deal with.

Not taking anything away from Wayne, but all things equal, Wayne at $5, CJ at $7 or Walker at $5... give me the true #1, which would be CJ or Walker. And given Walker's decent supporting staff taking potential yards/TDs from him, I'd be more inclined to side with CJ.

CJ had a completely disappointing season and adjusted to a new QB, and Walker started the season off very slowly and I believe had an injury or 2 to deal with.

Not taking anything away from Wayne, but all things equal, Wayne at $5, CJ at $7 or Walker at $5... give me the true #1, which would be CJ or Walker.  And given Walker's decent supporting staff taking potential yards/TDs from him, I'd be more inclined to side with CJ.

783559[/snapback]

I seriously considered keeping Wayne, but I think if I wanted, I could get him back for a decent price where with CJ and Walker I think they'd be a bit more expensive in the auction. I could be wrong too.

782336[/snapback]

I think Hugh One nailed it here.

Ralph Furley, I remember you were pretty honked off at Green last season. Have you been able to let it go yet? :D