[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets play a game Rank the RB

keggerz

I'm dependin on my cat-like reflexes to help me spring back to safety :D

795836[/snapback]

:D's think cats are gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Only way Priest is replaced by LJ is if Priest goes down. I understand that concern, maybe it's a little elevated because of his age, but he's a top 5 back imo.

:D's think cats are gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Only way Priest is replaced by LJ is if Priest goes down. I understand that concern, maybe it's a little elevated because of his age, but he's a top 5 back imo.

795847[/snapback]

You go, girl! He'll win you a few games, fer sher...

I just don't see picking a guy in the top 5 that has disappeared from the playoffs 2 straight years. I'm not saying I want LJ in the top 10, but I can't see taking such a draft risk ahead of

LT

McGahee

E James

S Alexander

A Green

J Lewis

And possibly a few others. I mean, injuries aren't somthing you can measure ahead of time, but if I have to choose between Priest and a player who's value fits into my draft plan, I'm pretty sure I'll opt for the other player.

People will call me nuts, but Priest will be one of those players I might not even put on my board.

You go, girl!  He'll win you a few games, fer sher...

I just don't see picking a guy in the top 5 that has disappeared from the playoffs 2 straight years.  I'm not saying I want LJ in the top 10, but I can't see taking such a draft risk ahead of

LT

McGahee

E James

S Alexander

A Green

J Lewis

And possibly a few others.  I mean, injuries aren't somthing you can measure ahead of time, but if I have to choose between Priest and a player who's value fits into my draft plan, I'm pretty sure I'll opt for the other player.

People will call me nuts, but Priest will be one of those players I might not even put on my board.

795862[/snapback]

I wouldn't draft Priest either, as I'm generally a fan of younger RB's to begin with. That being said, this time last year a lot of people were saying the same thing about guys like Ahman Green, and Fred Taylor. Using potential injuries as a way of gauging RB's rankings does not make sense imo. I mean, you want to drop Priest down in the rankings because of injury history, but you'll take McGahee and A. Green ahead of him? Interesting.

I wouldn't draft Priest either, as I'm generally a fan of younger RB's to begin with. That being said, this time last year a lot of people were saying the same thing about guys like Ahman Green, and Fred Taylor. Using potential injuries as a way of gauging RB's rankings does not make sense imo. I mean, you want to drop Priest down in the rankings because of injury history, but you'll take McGahee and A. Green ahead of him? Interesting.

795877[/snapback]

That is a poor comparison in my view.

Now, Green has had some injury history, but he also has history of coming back strong from his injuries. I am not particularly high on Green, myself, but if I had to choose btween the 2 I would certainly take him. McGahee showed what he can do last year, and I expect it to continue.

Priest has been going that way of the Faulk for the past few seasons. I just won't go there.

Besides...you know that there are rankings and then there are rankings. I might, for the purposes of this board, list the top players at each position in terms of having an 'all things being equal with health' season.

My own draft board will reflect my thought on particular players that I think have a higher percentage chance of reaching that potential. Priest's potential it through the roof, but then so is LJs if Priest goes down or loses the job. How do you tell people to put their money in one place or another?

Guys like S Alexander and LT are money until proven otherwise. I try to not get into situations where I have too much pre-existing 'otherwise'

How is comparing Taylor and Green last year to Holmes this year a poor comparison? It's the exact same concept you're arguing. :D

795930[/snapback]

Not at all. Taylor is 29 and has missed 2 games in the last 3 years. Green is 28 and has missed 2 games in 4 years.

Holmes is 32 (or will be...) and has missed 10 games in the last 3 years.

There is no comparison in terms of durability or age. Holmes is clearly in the age bracket at which RBs go the way of the dinosaur.

The RB I stay away from this year is Holmes.  He has had season ending injuries the past 2 seasons, and IMHO is too old to not be in the recurring injury phase of his RB career.  I would even go so far as to say that LJ might be the primary back there relatively early in the season, with Priest being relegated to 3rd down duties.

795817[/snapback]

I think you are probably correct but this reminds me of driving to my 2003 draft with the number four pick thinking "Faulk - Holmes. Faulk - Holmes" Better play it safe and took Faulk. Fortunately thanks to the Huddle, I followed that pick up with Willie Green.

Still made the playoffs with a Holt, Horn and Brooks hookup. Blown out first round by Holmes against Minnesota.

Here are my rankings for next season.

1. LT2 Best back in the leauge tons of touches and rec. Will lose receptions do to Sproles but still top back.

2.P. Holmes Steady #'s for the past 3 years plays on a offensive powerhouse.

3. S. Alexander still young and mike has not forgot how to run the ball.

4. E. James he has the best of both worlds plays with Manning that can toss the rock and james has been known to run the rock well in the past. He will have his best year in a while if he stays with the Colts.

5. B. Westbrook say what you want but this guy just puts up the numbers day in a day out. Will have better production then last year is he stays healthy.

6. A. Green Would have him a #3 but poor last year and he just beat up his wife so I'll nock him down a bit. I think he'll bounce back and produce until Farve retires.

7. D. Davis Might be a reach here but what the heck he is all they have they can't get the ball t A. Johnson.

8. C. Dillon strong back on a good team should have the same numbers or better then last year I have lower then I want because Weise is at ND.

9. J. Lewis Power back and a Thug what more do you want! If they can open up the O he could be the next Earl the Pearl next season. (upside)

10. C. Portis great back but he plays for the skins and I should drop him sown even more but I know what he can do. Gibbs will continue to misuse his abilitis.

11. R. Johnson as the team gets better so will he watch out.

12. J. Jones Bill will want to controll the clock with the O and win with the D Jones 25-30 a game could have the biggest upside of all.

12a. Mcgehee waite a see here should be this high Habe to see about the QB might slip from this ranking.

13. C. Martain should be able to reproduce last years stats getting older though.

14. K. Jones Lions will explode next season and Jones will be a part of it, he will only get better as the year goes on. i expect him to be a top flight runner i want him on my team!!

15. F. Taylor Should be higher but he always lets his owners down when they need him the most. I don't see this much different next season. Sorry Freddie.

16. D. McAllister he is the odd man out in my picks he could make me look bad if he has a monster year but if doesn't I gonna say I told you so. Ok team but A. Brooks cost him touches and goalline scores. Too Bad he is a talent.

17. T. Barber Hard to rank him higher with a young Manning at the helm. Need I say More.

18. T. Bell In position to be the sleeper here but I will not give him the props. Will be rbbc with Maurice waiting to still carries. Laugh know but he will take over by mid season for some reason, the rest will be trade bait.

19. Duckett/Dunn together they belong here but not alone. RBBC

20. L. Jordan I have him this low because he has not been a starter in the NFL but could jump to top 10 back. i think he will be better then Portis forsure.

21. Henery/Foster/Davis watch and see status

22. Barlow lets take him to the Whopping Shed used a higher pick on him last year don't see things any different this year.

23. i left out the MInn Backs All of them can produce but who knows at this point and not worth the effort. Sorry same goes for Denver!!

Rookies

Brown,Benson, Williams all can have great numbers this year but I give the edge to Benson. He will be the starter hands down he is a power back and will become a Icon with the Bears.

Brown Best talent in the draft worst team for him but he'll shake it up a bit and go for atleast 1,000 yards 10 td's

Arrington will split carries with Shipp. If Shipp goes down watch out this kid can move a he goes to a top ten back

Edited by gogo2146

Here are my rankings for next season.

1. LT2 Best back in the leauge tons of touches and rec. Will lose receptions do to Sproles but still top back.

2.P. Holmes Steady #'s for the past 3 years plays on a offensive powerhouse.

3. S. Alexander  still young and mike has not forgot how to run the ball.

4. E. James he has the best of both worlds plays with Manning that can toss the rock and james has been known to run the rock well in the past. He will have his best year in a while if he stays with the Colts.

5. B. Westbrook say what you want but this guy just puts up the numbers day in a day out. Will have better production then last year is he stays healthy.

6. A. Green Would have him a #3 but poor last year and he just beat up his wife so I'll nock him down a bit. I think he'll bounce back and produce until Farve retires.

7. D. Davis Might be a reach here but what the heck he is all they have they can't get the ball t A. Johnson.

8. C. Dillon strong back on a good team should have the same numbers or better then last year I have lower then I want because Weise is at ND.

9. J. Lewis Power back and a Thug what more do you want! If they can open up the O he could be the next Earl the Pearl next season. (upside)

10. C. Portis great back but he plays for the skins and I should drop him sown even more but I know what he can do. Gibbs will continue to misuse his abilitis.

11. R. Johnson as the team gets better so will he watch out.

12. J. Jones Bill will want to controll the clock with the O and win with the D Jones  25-30 a game could have the biggest upside of all.

12a. Mcgehee waite a see here should be this high Habe to see about the QB might slip from this ranking.

13. C. Martain should be able to reproduce last years stats getting older though.

14. K. Jones Lions will explode next season and Jones will be a part of it, he will only get better as the year goes on. i expect him to be a top flight runner i want him on my team!!

15. F. Taylor Should be higher but he always lets his owners down when they need him the most. I don't see this much different next season. Sorry Freddie.

16. D. McAllister he is the odd man out in my picks he could make me look bad if he has a monster year but if doesn't I gonna say I told you so. Ok team but A. Brooks cost him touches and goalline scores. Too Bad he is a talent.

17. T. Barber Hard to rank him higher with a young Manning at the helm. Need I say More.

18. T. Bell In position to be the sleeper here but I will not give him the props. Will be rbbc with Maurice waiting to still carries. Laugh know but he will take over by mid season for some reason, the rest will be trade bait.

19. Duckett/Dunn  together they belong here but not alone. RBBC

20. L. Jordan I have him this low because he has not been a starter in the NFL but could jump to top 10 back. i think he will be better then Portis forsure.

21. Henery/Foster/Davis watch and see status

22. Barlow lets take him to the Whopping Shed used a higher pick on him last year don't see things any different this year.

23. i left out the MInn Backs All of them can produce but who knows at this point and not worth the effort. Sorry same goes for Denver!!

Rookies

Brown,Benson, Williams all can have great numbers this year but I give the edge to Benson. He will be the starter hands down he is a power back and will become a Icon with the Bears.

Brown Best talent in the draft worst team for him but he'll shake it up a bit and go for atleast 1,000 yards 10 td's

Arrington will split carries with Shipp. If Shipp goes down watch out this kid can move a he goes to a top ten back

796633[/snapback]

I'll have to work on listing RB's as the drop off is great after the first 4, however, NO WAY does Clarrett cut much into Bell's touches. Clarrett is getting way too much hype and will do nothing but ride the pine in Denver baring injury to Bell.

Ahman Green will be a top 10 back for sure, maybe even a top 5 back, I agree. Brian Westbrook will not be top 5, probably not even top 10.

795678[/snapback]

if you're in a league where you get points for receptions, westbrook is certainly a top 10.