[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles Chose Mitchell Over Wayne

Shotgun Messiahs

Yep, the Baltimore Ravens certainly are the toast of the NFL.  We're all jealous.  :D

786341[/snapback]

In the tradition of Where's Waldo I bring you......

Where's Indy?

Toast One

Toast Two

Toast Two and a Half

Would you rather win a Superbowl or everything but?

Ask the fans of Philly, Tennessee, Indy, Cincy, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Seattle and many others.

:D @ Even though we haven't won squat, we're better.

Only Tampa and New England have won the SuperBowl since us, so only those two teams can be the 'toast' of the NFL if not the Ravens.

Edited by Big Red

What do Torrance Small, Jerome Pathon, Terrence Wilkins, Ken Dilger, Troy Walters, Marcus Pollard, and Marvin Harrison have in common besides having caught passes from Peyton Manning?

They all never played in a Super Bowl? :D

785981[/snapback]

Nice job removing Brandon Stokley from that list. :D

Ken Dilger has a Super Bowl ring too. :D

Oh, and last I checked, the Colts still get to claim their Super Bowl V win. I'll just go look through the Colts record book looking at Unitas name. Can you do that in the Ravens record book Big Red? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Oh, and last I checked, the Colts still get to claim their Super Bowl V win.  I'll just go look through the Colts record book looking at Unitas name.  Can you do that in the Ravens record book Big Red? :D

787147[/snapback]

Colts yes, Indy Colts, no.

This isn't my info, this is from an NFL website.

Debate that if you want, but debate the official superbowl website.

Geesh, Indy can't get on once and Baltimore is on the list three times. We didn't have a team for 13 years and it only took 5 after getting a team to win the Superbowl. What's taking you guys so long? :D

Geesh, Indy can't get on once and Baltimore is on the list three times.  We didn't have a team for 13 years and it only took 5 after getting a team to win the Superbowl.  What's taking you guys so long? :D

787251[/snapback]

I thought the Bills were the worst as far as Superbowls, Boy was I wrong.

Geesh, Indy can't get on once and Baltimore is on the list three times.  We didn't have a team for 13 years and it only took 5 after getting a team to win the Superbowl.  What's taking you guys so long? :D

787251[/snapback]

Colts still get to claim a Super Bowl victory!

Plus the Ravens has an asterik next to it, since Cleveland gets partial credit. . .

Colts still get to claim a Super Bowl victory!

Plus the Ravens has an asterik next to it, since Cleveland gets partial credit. . .

787266[/snapback]

Uh, ok. I see neither Clevelend or Indy on that list, however I see Baltimore twice.

Look at this thing of beauty, because you'll never see one with Indianapolis written on it.

Keep talking your team up. Point is your city paid for a new 'state of the art' stadium twenty odd years ago and is already looking for money to build a second for one of the lowest value teams in the league. For you troubles the last 22 seasons you have what, two losses in the AFC Championship game? As much as the Eagles have choked, at least they've been to the Superbowl.

'Claim' what you want, but the Indy Colts have nothing but a few division titles for their troubles. You have the Colts, but you have zero NFL history that anyone outside of Indy cares about.

And it is obviously burning you up inside. . .

787747[/snapback]

Burning up, not at all. My city has a long, proud, successful history in the NFL.

We got the Colts!  And their History!  And their Super Bowl win!

787747[/snapback]

Laughing at retarded comments like this, yes.

Of course, maybe I'd lay claim to all that stuff if the team had done zero with their tenure in my city, unless you count asking for a new stadium 20 years after the one built just for them counts as something.

Its called a sense of humor...

...go get one....

786333[/snapback]

I guess I just don't see what is funny about that. Yes, I am a huge Eagles fan, but if they do something stupid IMO I would rip them too. Picking Mitchell was a reach, but all in all they have made pretty good personell choices.

I guess I just don't see what is funny about that.  Yes, I am a huge Eagles fan, but if they do something stupid IMO I would rip them too.  Picking Mitchell was a reach, but all in all they have made pretty good personell choices.

788478[/snapback]

Passing on Williams and taking McNadd is enough to let them slide on Mitchen in my opinion.

Burning up, not at all.  My city has a long, proud, successful history in the NFL. 

788322[/snapback]

It also has the distinction of basically running one of the oldest franchises out of town by refusing to build a new stadium or support the team. Then they had the audacity to try and claim the team name as public domain. No wonder the Colts left. In my opinion, Baltimore gave up any right to claim the Colts history when they tried to pull that stunt. The city of Indy was happy to land the Colts. The stadium was not built "just for them", as the Colts had no say in the stadium. It was under construction well before Indy had found a team. And the Colts have made plenty of history here in Indy. 49 TD's ring a bell? Yep, no Super Bowls. Yet. :D

If you think we ran them out of town then you have no idea of what happened in the decade that lead up to that. Irsay bought the team and ran it like crap. Check the teams' record and profile once he took ownership. Baltimore thought (correctly) that Rosenbloom was a garbage owner, but we had no idea he was as good as we'd get until our current owner.

The public domain was a last ditch effort that force Irsays' hand. The fact he pulled out the day he found out indicates he had one foot out the door already.

Still, new stadium, top team and just being in the NFL is great. The play of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jamal Lewis and the entire 2000 team almost makes up for not having a team for 13 years. Of course, like losing a team to a sheet owner, you have no idea how much winning a championship makes things better.

Everyone has teams they love and teams they love to hate. Personally I hate the Steelers 1st (divisional turds), Colts (obvious) and Redskins (ick). I take joy in their failures. The last 22 seasons have been very joyious. :D

Edited by Big Red

Irsay took over in '72. The Colts won division titles in '75, '76, and '77.

I'm not saying Bob Irsay was a good owner. 'Cause he wasn't. But I've heard you make this argument before, that Irsay ruined the Colts. But I wonder, how much of it is just the Colts declining after their terrific run in the sixties? And the decline seemed to coincide with the aging of Unitas. Part of the NFL is having rebuilding phases. Baltimore obviously couldn't handle that, so they quit supporting them.

The Ravens had a stretch of 4 losing seasons in 7 years. And they've only been in Balimore for 9 years. The Colts have only had one such stretch in the 22 years they've been in Indy. But Baltimore was willing to build a new stadium for a dirtbag owner who was willing to rip his team from a city that loved them. A team that had never won or even been to a Super Bowl. But Baltimore paid up. I guess they learned their lesson. I don't understand why Baltimore fans get up on their soapbox to rail against the Colts, but sweep under a rug the fact they "stole" a team too.

Edited by CaptainHook

Ravens have had 4 losing seasons, their first three and one by itself three seasons ago.

The Colts have also had a three year stretch of losses, oddly enough their first three in Indy.

Irsay took over in '72. You named the only three winning years he had before leaving. 3 winning years in 12. In the 19 years before Irsay, they had only 4 losing seasons, their first 4 in the league. After that, .500 was their worse. They won two World Championships, one Superbowl and lost one Superbowl. Both Superbowls where without Unitas as the starter, he had been past his prime for both. Odd how you claim to 'have all Colts history' in Indy, but you don't seem to know much of it. Like I keep saying, Indy Colts and Baltimore Colts are two different periods, two different cities, two different histories.

Two years after winning Superbowl 5, Irsay had the team gutted. Save for three years with Bert Jones, the team would always suck. The above .500 years after Jones all look to be 9-7, hardly greatness.

Take the Colts, take the Irsay's, take Manning, take the Blue and White, take the Hoosier/RCA dome, take Mannings records. Those all belong to Indy. I'll stick with the Purple and Black, Ravens Stadium, a glorious NFL history and best of all, 4 league championships, including what is called the best game ever played. I admire your devotion to your team. Not sure I could put on such a happy face with nothing but a few records to show for it. In the end, Manning will just be the Marino of his era and the current Colts will be as remembered as the Bert Jones Colts.

Edited by Big Red

Ravens have had 4 losing seasons, their first three and one by itself three seasons ago.

790159[/snapback]

4 losing seasons in 9 years. . .

Odd how you claim to 'have all Colts history' in Indy, but you don't seem to know much of it.  Like I keep saying, Indy Colts and Baltimore Colts are two different periods, two different cities, two different histories.

790159[/snapback]

But all that Baltimore history is in the Colts record book.

Two years after winning Superbowl 5, Irsay had the team gutted.  Save for three years with Bert Jones, the team would always suck.  The above .500 years after Jones all look to be 9-7, hardly greatness.

790159[/snapback]

But hardly a reason to stop supporting the team. . .

Take the Colts, take the Irsay's, take Manning, take the Blue and White, take the Hoosier/RCA dome, take Mannings records.  Those all belong to Indy.

790159[/snapback]

Thanks. I will. And the best is yet to come. . .

Not sure I could put on such a happy face with nothing but a few records to show for it.  In the end, Manning will just be the Marino of his era and the current Colts will be as remembered as the Bert Jones Colts.

790159[/snapback]

:D